Page 80 of 81 FirstFirst ... 307078798081 LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 1620

Thread: Caoimhín Kelleher GK Liverpool b.1998

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,225 Posts
    Yeah, agree with that alright. He's been given a chance and seized it - just needs a bit of luck in the summer now I think.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    In fairness the run that Kelleher got is enough to prove he can be a number 1. Interesting summer ahead for him now
    Allison will need to play European games now to be at his sharpest for league run in which is an awful shame for Kelleher because I think if Allison had not been injured Kelleher woukd have stayed in for the european run.. if he can't get a top 10 club in one of the top 5 leagues this summer then world goalkeeping is in a golden age

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Donnarumma is awful tonight and he’s one of the world’s best. I think there are a lot of very very good keepers - even at Championship level in England - but very few stand out. I was at Fiorentina v Atalanta last week. Atalanta’s keeper Carnesecchi looked excellent. Liverpool play them tomorrow. Atalanta were muck last week, their keeper will be busy I’d say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    348 Posts
    Fairly dreadful for Atalanta’s goal there,first big error he’s made for a while…
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    752 Posts
    It has struck me that he had done well not to have had an out and out clanger for the whole time he has been in for Alisson...but he has had one now. Being honest, I'm not sure Bazunu has had one as bad as that all season at Southampton.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    That was bad

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Red Giant View Post
    That was bad
    Awful mistake

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    752 Posts
    Not good for the third either. One game too far for him unfortunately.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Yea - spilled it when he should have held it.

Liverpool were bad - the defence really got caught out with all three goals.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    858 Posts
    An evening & an outing to quieten any Kelleherite right there lads. And they are quiet I notice.
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    752 Posts
    The best spin you could put on it is that the whole team malfunctioned tonight, and he was part of that rather than being the out and out culprit. But arguably it was a chance for him to step up and keep them in the tie when things were going wrong in front of him, and he didn't get anywhere near to doing that tonight.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    An evening & an outing to quieten any Kelleherite right there lads. And they are quiet I notice.
    They'll go back to touting Roy Keane for the managers job now. Or half of them will anyway. The other half will have to go on Trent Kone-Doherty watch or something!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Not an inspiring all round performance, but at the same time Atlanta would have won 5 - 0 if it wasn't for Kelleher.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    He was poor for goals 1 and 3 but then again, he took a full force shot to the face early on. How’s that not going to affect his performance? Did he even get a medical check?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by texidub View Post
    Not an inspiring all round performance, but at the same time Atlanta would have won 5 - 0 if it wasn't for Kelleher.
    He made arguably the best facial save I've ever seen!

I sympathise to a degree. He just got down too slow for the first and didn't get his hands down smartly either, but the fact that the shot wasn't a full body length away from him made it harder. Still poor of course.

It was pointed out to me that the third took a slight deflection. I didn't think so at the time but then I saw it (just), almost simultaneous to the shot. It was directed into the middle of his body when I think he had set himself for a shot a bit further to his right. On another day that'd have stuck and we'd have said it was a solid save.

Atalanta's finish for the second was sweet.

That was actually Atalanta's no. 2 goalkeeper last night too. He did well. Best no. 2 in the world now?!
    Last edited by Stuttgart88; 12/04/2024 at 7:25 AM.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    he initially saved well from the 3rd goal. the lad was free 10 yards out. harsh to blame kelleher for the third tbh. seems like he could have done better for the first though.

he cant have been that bad. its a low bar with all players getting less than 5 / 10, but Kelleher comes out 2nd top to Mac Allister on the BBCs fans ratings page.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    He made arguably the best facial save I've ever seen!
    That was a rough save and I felt bad for Kelleher, but it answered some questions about his courage. Turns out he's not fragile and isn't afraid to get stuck in/put his body in the way. He also got down great in a 1 on 1 when the Atalanta player looked a cert to score. Those 2 critical saves outweigh any mistakes he made.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    First was really poor. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it here before but I do think he has a habit of being too late to get his hands down. His hands tend to fall as his body falls, rarther than him actively extending his hands downwards.

Wouldn't blame him for the third - a close range shot with a slight deflection. Unfortunate that it spilled to the totally unmarked Atalanta player.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    It has struck me that he had done well not to have had an out and out clanger for the whole time he has been in for Alisson...but he has had one now. Being honest, I'm not sure Bazunu has had one as bad as that all season at Southampton.

I think "done well not to have had an out and out clanger" has to be the textbook example of damning with faint praise. Of course Bazunu would have saved both goals, in fact I'm surprised he didn't, he was only 200 miles away.

On a more balanced note, yeah he was at fault for the first, but hardly an out and out clanger. He made two goal saving stops and I wouldn't blame him in any way for the final gpal. The complete absence of a defence was the big problem.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,225 Posts
    First one's definitely a clanger for me - Stutts is right to note it's not an absolutely straightforward save, but I think he still has to be making it. It's not the fiercest shot that was ever struck, and I think it's always going back the way the keeper is coming from, so it's readable. That said, he has at least a bit of credit built up in the bank, though it's a pity of a way to mar what may be his final appearance for a while.

Don't think Eirambler is correct to say Bazunu hasn't had any howlers as bad - the one v Plymouth springs to mind, or the equaliser away to Watford if you want to compare just letting shots through the keeper's hands.

Page 80 of 81 FirstFirst ... 307078798081 LastLast