Page 77 of 81 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1620

Thread: Caoimhín Kelleher GK Liverpool b.1998

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Bazunu hasn't featured in any of Southamptons cup games this season and hopefully that streak continues on Wednesday night.

The Bazunu Vs Kelleher stuff is unbearable at the best of times so can't imagine what it will be like if they play against each other. Especially this soon with an international window in a few weeks.

2. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    Bazunu hasn't featured in any of Southamptons cup games this season and hopefully that streak continues on Wednesday night.

The Bazunu Vs Kelleher stuff is unbearable at the best of times so can't imagine what it will be like if they play against each other. Especially this soon with an international window in a few weeks.
    I hope it happens. Two hyped Irish goalkeepers with EPL aspirations in a cup knockout scenario. What's not to like?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    I like the Bazunu/Kelleher stuff. It's the one position we're stacked at and it's a positive debate for once.

The only way it gets toxic is when Liverpool fan try to defend Caoimhin and show their bias. Let the hype continue and hope both have top class careers. Once Kelleher become a #1 somewhere, it'll really start to get exciting.

Perfect for this window too. Give them a game each!

5. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ColourfulPeanut View Post
    The only way it gets toxic is when Liverpool fan try to defend Caoimhin and show their bias. Let the hype continue and hope both have top class careers. Once Kelleher become a #1 somewhere, it'll really start to get exciting.

Perfect for this window too. Give them a game each!
    I guess I fall into that category. I don’t think ‘defending’ a player we happen to know about and probably pay more attention to from partisan criticism is bias. Kelleher is pretty much vindicating what many of us have consistently argued, he’s an outstanding keeper and the fact that he wasn’t playing regularly doesn’t mean that he is, by definition, an unworthy rival to someone playing more regularly for a poorer team at a lower level. I do hope he moves and plays more regularly even though he will be a loss to Liverpool, but even if he doesn’t I think he’d still merit selection ahead of Bazunu as he is a better all round keeper. That’s a view that might have sounded like bias to some, but it’s not just Liverpool fans who have recognised Kelleher’s ability.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by third policeman View Post
    I guess I fall into that category. I don’t think ‘defending’ a player we happen to know about and probably pay more attention to from partisan criticism is bias. Kelleher is pretty much vindicating what many of us have consistently argued, he’s an outstanding keeper and the fact that he wasn’t playing regularly doesn’t mean that he is, by definition, an unworthy rival to someone playing more regularly for a poorer team at a lower level. I do hope he moves and plays more regularly even though he will be a loss to Liverpool, but even if he doesn’t I think he’d still merit selection ahead of Bazunu as he is a better all round keeper. That’s a view that might have sounded like bias to some, but it’s not just Liverpool fans who have recognised Kelleher’s ability.
    It's understandable, even imperative, that Irish fans have a healthy degree of bias and optimism for our players. But the wheels spin off the wagon when the green-tints turn opaque and pragmatism is dumped (comment not aimed at you TP). Both these lads have issues concerning perceived high-level EPL careers. One has not been tested on the week-in-week-out Premiership grind while the other's scorecard there, at best, is a C. That's certainly not to say they won't succeed but it's definitely not a gimme.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Had a busy enough first half against Southampton,made a couple of good saves and was strong on any high balls into the box….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Had a busy enough first half against Southampton,made a couple of good saves and was strong on any high balls into the box….
    Tidy second half a good early save and excellent distribution. Very calm presence in Allison abscence

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Klopp saying “there’s no timescale” on Alisson’s return but that the injury isn’t season ending. Looks like Kelleher might continue beyond the international break

11. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Another excellent save in the first half against Forest. Another one on one situation. Liverpool win 1-0 and that makes in 6 wins from 6 for Kelleher in the league.

Omobamidele was really good for Forest as well. Handled Diaz, Gakpo and Nunez really well. Fast and strong and maybe about 5-10 key blocks from shots

13. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    Another excellent save in the first half against Forest. Another one on one situation. Liverpool win 1-0 and that makes in 6 wins from 6 for Kelleher in the league.

Omobamidele was really good for Forest as well. Handled Diaz, Gakpo and Nunez really well. Fast and strong and maybe about 5-10 key blocks from shots
    I'd say it was another "big" save rather than excellent save. Being picky I know. But big saves are what win games and even trophies. And just to avoid claims I might be being churlish, I was in a chat with a poster here at the weekend who pointed out that he's coming out the right side of a lot of these big moments right now - I agree, and it's clearly a good sign.

It was a bit like an open play version of Idah's penalty miss: dived right but left a trailing foot. In both cases a better lifted finish takes that off the table.

He was even inadvertently involved in the late winner, after the ref erroneously handed him the ball to restart with a drop ball after a halt in play.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I'd say it was another "big" save rather than excellent save. Being picky I know. But big saves are what win games and even trophies. And just to avoid claims I might be being churlish, I was in a chat with a poster here at the weekend who pointed out that he's coming out the right side of a lot of these big moments right now - I agree, and it's clearly a good sign.

It was a bit like an open play version of Idah's penalty miss: dived right but left a trailing foot. In both cases a better lifted finish takes that off the table.

He was even inadvertently involved in the late winner, after the ref erroneously handed him the ball to restart with a drop ball after a halt in play.
    I think it's the.insanely body position he takes up that allows him to cover off such a large portion of the goals and allows him to get his leg out so well that makes it excellent. It's carbon copy of Ali s positioning which is quite unusual and what makes Ali the best in the world for one on one's. Kellehers years working with him is on show. Also on a day where liverpool were out on their feet after 4 games in 11 days and there was very little spark or fluidity it was massive to not go one down

16. Thanks From:

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    There are twitter rumors today that Kelleher has picked up an injury in training. You'd hope its not true with the opportunity he has in front of him
    Its really not that complicated!!!

18. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    There are twitter rumors today that Kelleher has picked up an injury in training. You'd hope its not true with the opportunity he has in front of him
    Top performance tonight some excellent saves and great awareness. Very calm.on ball when others on the liverpool side were looking rattled

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    massive test for him sunday but hes done really well since stepping in for alisson. the run of games has shown what a good keeper he is, that and liverpools insistence on giving up 2/3 big chances per game.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Cant ask any more from him with hows hes done since the injury to Alisson. I think he might have been a little shaky the 1st game or 2 but hes been excellent since. Fair play to him for taking the opportunity when it came. I hope all these games have given him a taste for playing now and he wont want to go back to being a bench warmer.
    Its really not that complicated!!!

22. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    ah lads, can you not see that he fumbled Gomez' clearance through his legs?

He's in the form of his career so far. What an incredible job. I'm torn, as an Arsenal fan I thought his run of games combined with others' injuries might open the door a bit, but he's been instrumental in keeping it shut.

24. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    750 Posts
    Another solid afternoon's work for Kelleher. No errors and a couple of smart saves including a very important one in the second half.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Another solid afternoon's work for Kelleher. No errors and a couple of smart saves including a very important one in the second half.
    Yeah excellent again so calm made great decisions and huge save off Forden.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    did he not get away with one punching the ball into Foden?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    did he not get away with one punching the ball into Foden?
    I think that showed he is prepared to come off his line for dangerous crosses. It was a fantastic cross into such a dangerous area. The right and brave decision was to come off his line and dive to punch it clear which he did. Forden handled it from the punch which was a natural reaction from Foden so a yellow for Forden would have been harsh

Page 77 of 81 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast