Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1620

Thread: Caoimhín Kelleher GK Liverpool b.1998

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Back in his natural habitat today unfortunately.
    That's disappointing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    348 Posts
    Allison again showing why Kelleher should be looking for football elsewhere,2 cracking saves….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    348 Posts
    Conceded 2 in the first half this evening,albeit behind a very makeshift defence,could have done better for both goals but one of them was a one on one he probably got unlucky with and the other he got beat on his near post from a very good strike….

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,225 Posts
    Second oldest in the lineup today. That must be a really fresh team?

Hopefully a hint that he shouldn't be considering himself a prospect any more...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    himself and baz are so poor at stopping long range shots. its mad. that 2nd one cant be going in.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Conceded 2 in the first half this evening,albeit behind a very makeshift defence,could have done better for both goals but one of them was a one on one he probably got unlucky with and the other he got beat on his near post from a very good strike….
    It's very harsh. He made 2 lovely saves in first half and some good punching from corners. He did great on the one on one where he got a great hand on the ball as the lad was trying to round him but it rebounded back luckily for the striker. The other goal goes in off the post. Absolutely no critics from mcmanaman or Owen on commentary actually excellent praise from mcmanaman saying he was a first choice keepers his ability and performancess

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    It's very harsh. He made 2 lovely saves in first half and some good punching from corners. He did great on the one on one where he got a great hand on the ball as the lad was trying to round him but it rebounded back luckily for the striker. The other goal goes in off the post. Absolutely no critics from mcmanaman or Owen on commentary actually excellent praise from mcmanaman saying he was a first choice keepers his ability and performancess
    Yea - I thought he had a decent game - the Liverpool defence was repeatedly cut asunder throughout the game. He was very unlucky with the first goal and for the second if a striker has time to pick a spot then it is very hard to stop it. Now - they say a goalkeeper should never get beaten at his near post - but when the striker is unchallenged, it happens. He made several good saves during the game and I thought his positioning was good throughout. The defence was far more at fault for the result than Kelleher.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Red Giant View Post
    Now - they say a goalkeeper should never get beaten at his near post - but when the striker is unchallenged, it happens.
    I actually think that's a bit of myth perpetuated by outfielders, or a cliche that only has an element of truth to it. Sure, there are the Eto' vs Almunia (CL final 2006) near post goals which should never go in but in theory a goalkeeper should (on most occasions) try to position himself to balance the risk of being beaten on either side. Sometimes it's best to close off your near post entirely but that's only when the angle is very tight.

I haven't seen Kelleher yesterday. Bazunu was nominally beaten at his near post in Amsterdam but if he had closed that gap completely, the other side was wide open. It was a cracking finish imho.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I actually think that's a bit of myth perpetuated by outfielders, or a cliche that only has an element of truth to it. Sure, there are the Eto' vs Almunia (CL final 2006) near post goals which should never go in but in theory a goalkeeper should (on most occasions) try to position himself to balance the risk of being beaten on either side. Sometimes it's best to close off your near post entirely but that's only when the angle is very tight.
    First time I heard it was after this goal by Steve Heighway - scroll to 3.50

11. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post

I haven't seen Kelleher yesterday. Bazunu was nominally beaten at his near post in Amsterdam but if he had closed that gap completely, the other side was wide open. It was a cracking finish imho.
    Thank you! hate that nonsense and I've fallen into myself here and there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    348 Posts
    Comfortable night for him against West Ham,couldn’t do much for the consolation goal and distribution was good,should hopefully get at least 3 games in January with the FA Cup game at Arsenal and 2 legged semi against Fulham……

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    431 Posts
    Hopefully he gets the FA Cup game. Klopp dropped him for Alisson the last two seasons when they drew PL opposition in the FA Cup.

15. Thanks From:

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    This a very mean spirited and unnecessary dig at Kelleher by me, even if I do say so myself, but.....

Josh Keeley is going on loan from Spurs to Barnet, which means that we'll now most likely have another goalkeeper who'll have played more Senior Professional football games than Kelleher
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 05/01/2024 at 3:54 PM. Reason: embedded tweet
    Its really not that complicated!!!

17. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    We do have a good batch of goalkeepers in the pipeline - Keeley looks like he could be good - as does Cahill with Brighton.

Goalkeeper is not the problem area for Ireland.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    This a very mean spirited and unnecessary dig at Kelleher by me, even if I do say so myself, but.....

Josh Keeley is going on loan from Spurs to Barnet, which means that we'll now most likely have another goalkeeper who'll have played more Senior Professional football games than Kelleher

have a day off

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    have a day off
    On
    the bench.

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Poor goal to give away last night. Caspar the ghost in goals, ball went straight through him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    348 Posts
    I’d blame VVD more than the keeper,it’s his poor header that sets the chance up in the first place,it’s also drilled from 6 yards out through VVD’s legs then,harsh on the keeper to blame him for that…..

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    have a day off
    No craic allowed?
    Its really not that complicated!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    I’d blame VVD more than the keeper,it’s his poor header that sets the chance up in the first place,it’s also drilled from 6 yards out through VVD’s legs then,harsh on the keeper to blame him for that…..
    Harsh but predictable on this forum.

Page 71 of 81 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast