Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 68 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1620

Thread: Caoimhín Kelleher GK Liverpool b.1998

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Kinda of a shame the games he’s getting,was hoping he’d get to play against the likes of Arsenal and United to really test him,but it’s good he’s getting a decent stretch nonetheless…..
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    And they have Newcastle a week after playing Arsenal. Something's better than nothing at least. The joys of being a back up keeper.

Pity the rumours linking him to Brighten didn't happen as the new young keeper they bought is getting plenty of game time. Has started 6 of their 13 PL games.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Very tidy and confident performance tonight. Three good saves

4. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Yep - three good saves. Calm throughout and good distribution for the most part.

These are the type of performances that cause the huge divide and debate that exists. When you watch him on a night like tonight - he looks so good - he looks like an obvious first choice. And the fact he’s able to have those performances, there was a quote in the athletic piece: “Kelleher’s greatest strength in previous seasons has been coming in cold and filling in for Alisson.” And that ability to seemingly come in cold and play really well gives the belief that he can do it for Ireland.

Equally Bazunu on his better days looks like a future star - and then you see him struggling at Southampton and then it’s natural to have doubts.

I suspect it’s a debate that’ll continue to rage for the next 8 years, as they both continue to progress
    Last edited by elatedscum; 01/12/2023 at 5:06 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    The debate has indeed been Bazunu/ Kelleher centered but I wouldn’t rule out Travers. Thought he looked good and made a couple of top saves against NZ, and hopefully gets another loan move. He has shown he is a more than competent Championship standard goalkeeper and will continue to improve with game time.

Wonder, of the new manager names mentioned, if they would favour Travers ahead of Bazunu/ Kelleher. Travers is perhaps more suited to a conservative style of play, has a more physical presence, and arguably is equal to/ if not a better shot stopper than Bazunu/ Kelleher? Doubtful any of suggested managerial names will be encouraging the goalkeeper to put their foot on the ball/ play as a sweeper – something Bazunu/ Kelleher are more capable of doing than Travers. Feels like Travers is best suited to a compact, structured, physical, direct style of play which seems the path we might be going.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Might be unpopular but he wasn't tested last night at all. They hadn't a shot on target until near the 70th minute and the few saves he made were from weak shots, 1 or 2 straight at him and that any keeper would have made. Also, as said above, his distribution was good for the most part, as there were a few dodgy moments were he tried to play it out and either over hit it and it went out for a throw or passed it straight to a LASK player. Good to see him getting some game time but not much to take from that game last night unfortunately.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    750 Posts
    I'd be surprised if Travers is ever really in the conversation barring serious injury to the other two. Great shot-stopper but there's serious flaws in his all round game. There's a reason he's the third choice keeper at Bournemouth. He's really good by Championship standards and in other positions or other eras that would have maybe been enough, but he's a distant third in this era I think.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LurcherLover View Post
    Might be unpopular but he wasn't tested last night at all. They hadn't a shot on target until near the 70th minute and the few saves he made were from weak shots, 1 or 2 straight at him and that any keeper would have made. Also, as said above, his distribution was good for the most part, as there were a few dodgy moments were he tried to play it out and either over hit it and it went out for a throw or passed it straight to a LASK player. Good to see him getting some game time but not much to take from that game last night unfortunately.
    I only saw the first half and it was a mad watch, both teams intent on attacking at every opportunity. LASK’s CB even rouletted the ball past a pressing Liverpool attacker at one stage early on. While Kelleher had little to do he still could have conceded (with no fault attached) at least 2 because the Austrians absolutely wasted 3-4 breaks when they got inside the right full back but failed to square the ball to a waiting striker. For some reason Liverpool really left themselves open to this type of counter attack. The result was a foregone conclusion at HT so I switched off.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Well (maybe very predictably) I disagree. He was quick and decisive to come out and smother the first chance, and showed very sharp reactions for the third save.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Twitter quoting Klopp yesterday on CK being capable of being no. 1:

"Yeah. No doubt. We see him everyday in training. Maybe we don't mention his name often enough but John Achterberg told me since day one, this will be our home grown boy, who will make it'."

I wish I hadn't switched off now. I assumed he had little to do in the second half.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    I only watched the second half - it sounded like how you described the first in terms of Liverpool being open, except that Linz had a couple of decent chances. I'd agree with third policeman - made a couple of decent saves, especially rushing out to the feet of one player. The kind of saves you'd probably expect a top keeper to make - but he made them all the same.

13. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    I'd be surprised if Travers is ever really in the conversation barring serious injury to the other two. Great shot-stopper but there's serious flaws in his all round game. There's a reason he's the third choice keeper at Bournemouth. He's really good by Championship standards and in other positions or other eras that would have maybe been enough, but he's a distant third in this era I think.
    Was awful gor the new zealand goal

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I only watched the second half - it sounded like how you described the first in terms of Liverpool being open, except that Linz had a couple of decent chances. I'd agree with third policeman - made a couple of decent saves, especially rushing out to the feet of one player. The kind of saves you'd probably expect a top keeper to make - but he made them all the same.
    I'm pretty sure that Kelleher made the first save around 65/70 mins into the game and the saves or rushing to the feet of the one player was something you'd expect of any keeper, nevermind a top keeper. He was untested last night. Just to be clear, I think Kelleher is a fantastic keeper and wouldn't have an issue with him as Irelands no.1 keeper but just there is nothing to take from last night's game.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    750 Posts
    Fulham goal seemed to go through him there, albeit from very close range. Probably not a huge amount he could have done.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Looks like a could have & probably should have saved alright. Was close to him.
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    750 Posts
    No such excuse for the second one. Just straight up poor that time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Doesn’t fill me with confidence when I watch him,some awful defending in front of him but he just doesn’t make saves that Allison does….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    very lucky with the offside for the 3rd. very weak hand away

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    very lucky with the offside for the 3rd. very weak hand away
    I wonder is his confidence shook with the way things are going for him today ?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    750 Posts
    I don't exactly foresee an orderly queue forming for his services in January based on today's evidence. The last time he played a league game he was very poor as well. Maybe Liverpool might now finally send him out on the loan he should have gone on about four years ago.

24. Thanks From:

Page 68 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast