Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1620

Thread: Caoimhín Kelleher GK Liverpool b.1998

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    He played for Liverpool against Chelsea in the premier league when Liverpool were neck and neck with City going for the title. I guess that’s a low pressure game?

Some of the stuff on this thread is kinda mad.
    I'd forgotten that one. Thanks for the reminder. You've some memory ES, fair play. One of my favourite contributors on here even if you're calling me out this time!

Delighted he might be getting a direct PL move. It'll put him in pole position for the Ireland shirt. The Southampton move has really panned out badly for Bazunu.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    If reports are to to be believed Liverpool are ok to let him go and at a relatively low price. Hopefully just a case of both sides accepting the fact that he needs first team football.

Hi injury record is a concern, it's relatively common for keepers go through the whole season without missing a game. Spurs is probably the ceiling in terms of another PL club, I could see him doing ok there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    A Brentford or a Brighton does feel like an ideal club destination for Kelleher but if that quoted 20m number is to be believed, that’s transfer record territory for both Brentford and Brighton. And paying such a sum would represent, imo, a departure from their (successful) transfer strategies of signing undervalued players.

Never know with Spurs but would imagine Kelleher is too low profile to sign as a starter. But then again, high profile is likely to steer well clear of Spurs. :-)

Anyways, and from our Ireland perspective, he needs to move and play football.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    752 Posts
    Not sure about Brentford, but Brighton have already spent £30m on a striker this summer, so £20m (and I'm not sure it would be as much as that) seems within reason for them. They're able to sell players for well north of £50m now, so a £20m signing can still make sense in terms of potentially selling for a profit down the line - provided the player is good enough of course.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    431 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Not sure about Brentford, but Brighton have already spent £30m on a striker this summer, so £20m (and I'm not sure it would be as much as that) seems within reason for them. They're able to sell players for well north of £50m now, so a £20m signing can still make sense in terms of potentially selling for a profit down the line - provided the player is good enough of course.
    And that's £30m for a player that hasn't done much in his career. They also didn't have much issue throwing Sanchez in as starting keeper after only half a season at League Two and half season at League One because of COVID. So Kelleher's lack of games won't bother them.

If his style of play suits the way they want their keeper to play they'll sign him. Liverpool also chasing McAllister can work out in their favour cause they can ask for cash plus Kelleher for McAllister.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    And that's £30m for a player that hasn't done much in his career. They also didn't have much issue throwing Sanchez in as starting keeper after only half a season at League Two and half season at League One because of COVID. So Kelleher's lack of games won't bother them.

If his style of play suits the way they want their keeper to play they'll sign him. Liverpool also chasing McAllister can work out in their favour cause they can ask for cash plus Kelleher for McAllister.
    It's £30m for a 21 year old with 150 senior appearances. Let's not be so dismissive, he obviously has something about him. And Sanchez has been with Brighton since he was 15 so they didn't just throw him in.

Sure, Kelleher's strength on the ball could be a fit with how Brighton want to play. But questionable paying 20m for a player with a lack of game time won't bother them. 20m equals the second highest they have paid for a player. Think the fee would need to considerably lower or dependent on how much Liverpool want McAllister.

7. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts
    Brentford have agreed to pay Freiburg £22m for Kevin Schade. It was reported in January that it was a loan with a compulsory purchase being very likely as a result. So presumably that’s going ahead - and that would be their record fee.

Raya only has a year left on his deal and they’re looking for £40m for him. If they get that, they’d have no problem paying £20m for a replacement.

And with 3 years on the deal, Liverpool have plenty of leverage.
    Last edited by elatedscum; 10/05/2023 at 3:00 PM.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,694 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    Brentford have agreed to pay Freiburg £22m for Kevin Schade.
    Can you cast more light on that?

10. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,230 Posts
    It's a pity you can't get a better pun than that

(For any German speakers on here...)

12. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Any Schadenfreude about ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Can you cast more light on that?
    I would have expected a bitte more effort on this subject.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    I would have expected a bitte more effort on this subject.
    And with a bitte more Erfurt you could could have scored a double.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Looks like Brentford are signing Mark Flekken for €13m to replace Raya.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,314 Posts

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,230 Posts
    Shipping four (so far) against Southampton can't be a good look for suitors unfortunately. Even if Liverpool do seem to be in beach mode

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Desperate for at least 2/,probably 3 of the goals

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Disappointing to hear. Hopefully he will secure an early summer move, presumably championship, and get a solid preseason behind him. Can’t expect to turn it on every time he gets game time without ever having any consistent senior exposure. A season of regression for sure for Caoimhin. Last summer was the time to move as many of us on here had hoped. At least he should finally move this summer and we will finally see what he can do on a consistent basis at senior level

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    348 Posts
    Kelleher done himself no favours today,nobody will be jumping at him with that display….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Just watched the highlights there. I was expecting some massive mistakes based on here and Twitter. Am I missing something? First goal, no chance. Second goal, yes didn’t get down and ball squirmed under him, would have been saved by most keepers, Alex McCarthy would have just let it go through his legs. Third goal, great finish. Perhaps his positioning could have been better? But not a clear error. And the fourth, I assume he should have had better positioning and opened too much of goal up to Armstrong? But again, nice finish. Not a drastic error.

So only one goal, where he should have clearly done better from what I saw. He made some good saves as well. And looking at his passes record, distribution seemed to be solid.

Am I missing something?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,230 Posts
    Yeah, that's how I saw it too watching the highlights. Maybe would have liked to have gotten closer to the first and fourth as they weren't right in the corner? The fourth in particular is a goal you'd regularly see scored though. Don't see those as desperate errors - more the sort of stuff you'd expect regular games to help with.

Second one does look a bit weak and the third is a great finish.

Not the sort of game you want to make a habit of though

Page 55 of 81 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast