Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 39 of 62 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Parrott F Excelsior Rotterdam (loan from Spurs) b.2002

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    https://twitter.com/mkdonsfc/status/...448504325?s=21 Parrott’s two big chances from 1:04 to 1:30 or so.

Wickham with the assist for Twine’s goal. Eisa now being scapegoated, so hopefully Parrott should continue to start with Wickham replacing Eisa. Troy just needs a couple of goals….how many times have we said that already in his fledging career

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    Got a full 90 minutes in a 2-1 win over Lincoln today (for whom Anthony Scully played the full game). Parrott was the only one of the front three to stay on the whole game, but the two goals came from defenders. Seems to have a good 15 minutes at the start of the second half, and can't have played that badly overall if he got the whole game, but it's now 17 league games without a goal I think, and it'd really be good to see that streak broken sooner rather than later.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Got a full 90 minutes in a 2-1 win over Lincoln today (for whom Anthony Scully played the full game). Parrott was the only one of the front three to stay on the whole game, but the two goals came from defenders. Seems to have a good 15 minutes at the start of the second half, and can't have played that badly overall if he got the whole game, but it's now 17 league games without a goal I think, and it'd really be good to see that streak broken sooner rather than later.
    Seems to have worked hard in last few weeks after maybe a bit of a slump following his covid absence. Lads on ybig had him pegged for a loan in league 2 so good to see him back in the side again. Still a top quality footballer who may be eventually best as a 10 in a midfield 3 bit like how Scholes transitioned from striker to creative midfielder at utd

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Troy has really turned it around since my motivational post. Another good game today, MOTM according to a prominent Sunderland journalist https://t.co/yOXQJvgD0j with an excellent assist. I’m still awaiting a link to assist. I believe he’s been out wife left a lot. It would be nice if he played centrally consistently and started scoring of course

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    great to hear, was worried a few weeks back. hes really upped it in recent weeks, few goals to top things off would be great for him.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Certainly seems to be winning fans over and getting lauded more for his creativity and endeavour - potentially becoming more Son than Kane.

MK Dons up to 3rd now with a strong Irish contingent with Coventry & O’Hora playing yesterday. Liam Manning looks a good young manager - interesting if he had any Irish heritage also.

https://www.sitdownorwellstealyourcl...=7212&start=20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    not a week goes by now without MK fans/media giving him the plaudits after a game. had a good chance at 2-0 apparently real pity he couldnt get on the score sheet think itd do wonders for his confidence. if twitter is any barometer of mk dons fan sentiment then he was outstanding again. heartening to hear its a lot of off the ball work and dirty stuff hes getting through in games, not any sort of billy big ******** because hes on loan from a pl team

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    finally got his goals tonight. hes a shoe in for the next squad , hopefully can bring this form into the next window.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Foot.ie last month:

'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!

12. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Great to see. Hopefully he can continue to finish the season strongly…

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    finally got his goals tonight. hes a shoe in for the next squad , hopefully can bring this form into the next window.
    2 goals since September?!
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Foot.ie last month:
    I had a look at the actual posts last month. One guy said he should move home, which was a bit dramatic all right, but otherwise there were maybe 3 or 4 people expressing some mild disappointment that he wasn't playing well or scoring and fearing the loan move hadn't worked out. For context, the previous month, the lad's manager was talking about bringing in attacking options in the transfer window and things hadn't improved. Why are there so many people here who treat measured discussion as hysteria? I swear, I fear we'll have to get the Samaritans involved if Parrott doesn't make it as an international.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek. Trying to bring a bit of humour to the discussion. Poking fun at the rollercoaster of opinions and emotions that is often on display here as it relates to our young prospects.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    2 goals since September?!
    hes been one of the best players on a promotion chasing team in L1 over last few weeks . Hes said himself hes disappointed with his goals tally but his all round game has come on massively according to manager/fans/journos. Its obvious at this point aswell that hes not a no9 as many expected a few years ago
    Last edited by Jd2793; 09/03/2022 at 7:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    Good to see him get back to scoring, the second goal was class, and certainly noises suggest he has turned a corner the past 4 – 6 weeks. That said, Spurs recently brought in Kulusevski who plays a position/ role similar to Parrott. As Kulusevski was brought in by Conte, and likely will be favoured by Conte going forward for that reason, Parrott really needs to kick on from here if the goal is to get into the Spurs team. Ability wise I think he is better than Kulusevski but his adjustment to senior football has been slow to say the least and maybe Spurs have already moved on ….?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    I wouldn't be fixated on Spurs tbh. First team experience is more important. If he was released in the summer (and I don't know when his contract is up) but he stayed with MK Dons and they were promoted, I'd call that a pretty good result. (In as much as any outcome where MK Dons get promoted can be called "pretty good")

If he's good enough to reach PL level, someone will likely spot that. Doesn't have to be Spurs, though it would be nice of course

23. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    I had a look at the actual posts last month. One guy said he should move home, which was a bit dramatic all right, but otherwise there were maybe 3 or 4 people expressing some mild disappointment that he wasn't playing well or scoring and fearing the loan move hadn't worked out. For context, the previous month, the lad's manager was talking about bringing in attacking options in the transfer window and things hadn't improved. Why are there so many people here who treat measured discussion as hysteria? I swear, I fear we'll have to get the Samaritans involved if Parrott doesn't make it as an international.
    Great post! And thanks for doing something I'm far too lazy and incapable of doing !

We're Ireland supporters for far too long to not be measured and controlled in our assessment of young players playing at the lower levels of professional football.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    750 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I wouldn't be fixated on Spurs tbh. First team experience is more important. If he was released in the summer (and I don't know when his contract is up) but he stayed with MK Dons and they were promoted, I'd call that a pretty good result. (In as much as any outcome where MK Dons get promoted can be called "pretty good")

If he's good enough to reach PL level, someone will likely spot that. Doesn't have to be Spurs, though it would be nice of course
    I think we may have reached the point where we have to like MK Dons, since they have three young Irish lads doing well there - they would have had four if Kioso hadn't been pointlessly recalled to sit on the bench at Luton.

Wigan, Rotherham, MK Dons and Oxford are all League 1 teams that it would be good to see promoted from an Irish point of view. Obviously all four can't be, but hopefully three of them are.

26. Thanks From:

Page 39 of 62 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast