Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Dara O'Shea (D Burnley b.1999)

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    751 Posts
    A real team effort defensively from West Brom and O'Shea was very much a part of it. Looks at home already at this level at 21.

You'd have to think about starting him in March really if he continues playing like he did tonight.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

2. Thanks From:

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    A real team effort defensively from West Brom and O'Shea was very much a part of it. Looks at home already at this level at 21.

You'd have to think about starting him in March really if he continues playing like he did tonight.
    Duffy will be under pressure for his spot if his form at Celtic doesnt drastically improve

4. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    I would play coleman Egan Clark doherty and this kid sitting as a holding mid in Belgrado

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    Duffy will be under pressure for his spot if his form at Celtic doesnt drastically improve
    Duffy has come out and admitted he has been cráp and had no issues with being dropped for the 2 games, apparantly him and Lennon have a good relationship (solidarity of the doomed?). He said the "break" has done him good and his form has improved since, step by step program.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    You say that like Egan isn't part of the worst Premier League start in history. Both have been very poor and O'Shea has a spot there for the taking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bielsa´s irish View Post
    Ive got to tell you this guy won me over, such a lovely player, so composed on the ball reminds me a bit of the greek guy at Arsenal. I think we have a central midfielder in the making, can play the back 4, but we could be an asset as center holding midfield ....dont want to rush expectations but showed a bit of Paul McGrath in him,
    Sokratis Papastathopoulos kind of `player, while he is young I would play him in central midfield, he has to improve a bit, but this kid has some ability on the ball, uses it very good, Dont see his best place is as a defender but in midfield
    So cool on the ball, he won me over last match, but I would try him as defensive midfielder, read this Stephen Kenny. He could play fullback position, but I would try him as a holding midfielder
    I would play coleman Egan Clark doherty and this kid sitting as a holding mid in Belgrado
    I feel like Bielsa is trying to tell us something, but I can't tell exactly what. Perhaps another four or five posts on the topic might clarify matters.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Bilic has been sacked which is pretty harsh after a draw with City.Unfortunate because he clearly rated O’Shea so highly.Hopefully the next guy sticks with him, he’s been outstanding given his age, looks a real talent.

11. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    I feel like Bielsa is trying to tell us something, but I can't tell exactly what. Perhaps another four or five posts on the topic might clarify matters.
    World class Darren Randolph in goal, O'Shea holding in midfield and Cillian Sheridan up top on his own. We couldn't possibly fail to qualify then!

13. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizzer View Post
    Bilic has been sacked which is pretty harsh after a draw with City.Unfortunate because he clearly rated O’Shea so highly.Hopefully the next guy sticks with him, he’s been outstanding given his age, looks a real talent.
    Really? That's insane.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trequartista20 View Post
    Really? That's insane.
    Did Bilic not pull off a bit of a miracle to get West Brom Promoted ?

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...up-latest-news

According to the Express Sam Allardyce is lined up ~ could be just paper talk.

16. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    751 Posts
    The decision will have been made before the City game. They'll have just left him in place for that game for continuity, which is a nasty enough way to go about your business as a club. I'm a bit torn because I enjoy seeing clubs who act like that getting relegated, like Watford last year, but obviously I also want to see O'Shea do well.

Relegation for West Brom but a move to a top half team for O'Shea after an impressive second half of the season would be about the best option, but probably a long shot.

It's very harsh on Bilic, but he'll have plenty of offers after the job he has done there.

18. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    The decision will have been made before the City game. They'll have just left him in place for that game for continuity, which is a nasty enough way to go about your business as a club. I'm a bit torn because I enjoy seeing clubs who act like that getting relegated, like Watford last year, but obviously I also want to see O'Shea do well.

Relegation for West Brom but a move to a top half team for O'Shea after an impressive second half of the season would be about the best option, but probably a long shot.

It's very harsh on Bilic, but he'll have plenty of offers after the job he has done there.
    I think the board probably expected City to hammer West Brom, which would have made the sacking seem more reasnoble, but yeah decision made a while ago.

20. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Allardyce confirmed...

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    If O'Shea continues the season like he played yesterday I wouldnt be surprised if a bigger club came in for him in the summer.

23. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,096 Posts
    Starts centre half versus Liverpool. Looks like Robinson is playing behind the front man.

This will be a tough game for both. Particularly O'Shea with the preferred front three starting for Liverpool.

25. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,096 Posts
    O'Shea is after a great first half. West Brom have been under a lot of pressure and he has made 7 clearances already, cutting out some very good balls by Robertson in particular.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    751 Posts
    Though he did very well again. 10 Premier League appearances for him before New Year, at the start of the season I'd have been happy if he'd made 10 Premier League appearances in the whole season.

Robinson was playing so far behind the front man he was almost a right back. Really defensive setup from West Brom but it worked for them.

28. Thanks From:

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    I was impressed with him today as well, even if West Brom end up going down, he'll have had a full season of Premier League experience behind him. I know this isn't the thread for it, but the way West Brom set up today is the way Ireland should be playing against bigger countries, given the players we have.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    I was impressed with him today as well, even if West Brom end up going down, he'll have had a full season of Premier League experience behind him. I know this isn't the thread for it, but the way West Brom set up today is the way Ireland should be playing against bigger countries, given the players we have.
    That is how we've played against bigger countries for the guts of 40 years.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    That is how we've played against bigger countries for the guts of 40 years.
    There might be a reason for that !

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast