Page 39 of 590 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139539 ... LastLast

Thread: Munster Senior League

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BillysBoots View Post
    Two questions Razor. Did you see the game? And did you see what the Referee and the two linesmen failed to see half way through the second half at 1-0?
    No, Billy I wasn't there, what happened?
    Avondale lost 2-1 to Everton this afternoon, league is gone now.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyBoy View Post
    Just back from Tramore Rockmount. Not a bad game Mount won 2-1. All the goals were due to bad defending. Ref didnt have the best of games but they never do. Both had chances.

were u out there clifford? What did u think?
    Didn't make it today BB, had a match of my own this afternoon (3-3 draw for the record!! Not telling who with or where... )

By all account's your spot on, first one for Mount not closed down well enough, Willie Ronaldinho's free kick went in on the side the keeper should have been protecting and the sun made a mess of the dropping ball for the Mount keeper.

These wins are tough wins and are what Mount need to keep getting in the quest to retain the title. Away games are so tough in this league. No easy games as we found out this weekend and every other week.

Not to sure about the ref overall, but amazed he disallowed Beech's effort as the man on the line attempting to clear it should have given the ref a clue that he wasn't off side!! Good grief.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    No, Billy I wasn't there, what happened?
    Avondale lost 2-1 to Everton this afternoon, league is gone now.
    Era nothing really, if you weren't there no worries....

Castleview v Douglas Hall Called off.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Era nothing really, if you weren't there no worries....
    Ah Billy you can't leave us all hanging there.
    You gotta tell us now. Come On.

Mallow away in the Beamish Cup next week.
    Donegal the week after.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ah Billy you can't leave us all hanging there.
    You gotta tell us now. Come On.

Mallow away in the Beamish Cup next week.
    Donegal the week after.
    Ok if you really want to know, Tom Tully has been robbing Castleview for many a year now. It was 1-0 to Avondale, defender sticks the hand up and handles the ball in the box. Two linesmen and the ref and no penalty, just wondered what was your take on it but since you weren't at the game obviously there's no debate.

Good Luck next week in the Intermediate Cup!!

BobbyBoy
    I think ye prob no by now i'm tramore supporter. Hit by another player leaving the country young centre half is off to america wit college.

Already after losin 2 centres from last year. last years player/manager and top goalscore. last years player of the year.

Things aint goin right for us but when your down there they never do :-(.

ps Tully is a poor ref and shouldnt be in the munster senior league. makes his decisions based on what club you are and refuses to discuss anything and talks to players like there a lower life form

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Wink Rate My Ref ???

I hope this doesn't turn into a 'slag the ref' site. All teams will feel that they've been shafted by refs at some stage. However, you never hear too many stories saying that the ref gave us everything. HAHA!

Lets try to keep it positive. The introduction of the linesmen this season in the MSL Prem has been a success. I think everyone would agree with that.
    Not all the best refs are doing MSL games tho'.
    Gene Stephens, Finbarr Murphy and Larry Buckley are doing AUL games at the moment. These 3 are top refs in my opinion and should be reffin at a higher level. Any other good refs out there?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Gene and Finbarr?

I'd reckon it's better that a few new faces are coming into it and agree the linesmen have made for better games in general. I've never complained at a ref in Rockmount games ever, ha ha. I swear...

Except in the RSC against Waterford in the FAI cup a few seasons back when I ran from the back of the stand and nearly pole vaulted the barriers into the scumbag. Now that would have been an assault only seen in South America after the raping he gave us that night. We'd have won the cup that year.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Rockmount win 3-2 against Carrigaline in the cup, tough game, gave away 2 pens after going 1 up. Turned it round in the end, scorers: 2 from Beech and one from Buster.

Beamish Senior cup first round
    Rockmount 3 Carrigaline Utd. 2;
    Leeds 0 Midleton 1;
    Ballinhassig 1 Bandon 2;
    Casement Celtic 0 Fermoy 0 (Fermoy won 3-1 on pens.).

Beamish Stout Senior Cup second round
    Mallow Utd. 3 Avondale Utd. 2;
    St. Mary’s 4 College Corinthians 3.

Senior Premier Div.
    Castleview 1 UCC 0;
    Douglas hall 4 Tramore Ath. 1.

Senior 1st Div.
    Ringmahon Rgs 3 Temple Utd. 0;
    Ballincollig 2 Crofton Garryduff 2;
    Passage 1 Youghal Ut 1;
    Glasheen 0 Cobh Wanderers 3.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    Beamish Stout Senior Cup second round
    Mallow Utd. 3 Avondale Utd. 2;
    Bad defeat even for a weakened Dale side.
    Big Guns rested ahead of the big one in Donegal next weekend.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Here we go, the night games kick off for Rockmount tonight, home to Douglas Hall at 6.15

Now the battle is on to ensure players can get time off work. Going to be 2/3 games a week from here on in. Ho hum.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Now the battle is on to ensure players can get time off work. Going to be 2/3 games a week from here on in. Ho hum.
    With the 35 man 1st team squad ye have sure these games will be no trouble.
    Surely a few of them are full time pro by now.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    They all get 10,000 a week obviously, but none of them are full time.

Won tonight 2-1 against the Hall, 1 down at half time again. Couple of scary moments, but keeper and good defending insured that when Oldham scored there was only going to be one winner, Alan O Connor duly obliged with a smashing volley with about 10 left. Another win, not pretty, but 3 points at the end of the day and all that horses***

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    They all get 10,000 a week obviously, but none of them are full time.
    Tis no wonder Teddy Barry is after extending the shop so.

Thats the title in the bag now Cliffy, well done.
    Dale got a few injury doubts for Sunday but hopefully a few days rest might iron things out.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Tis no wonder Teddy Barry is after extending the shop so.

Thats the title in the bag now Cliffy, well done.
    Dale got a few injury doubts for Sunday but hopefully a few days rest might iron things out.

LOL, shure I'm on 2,500 a week just to show up and abuse the opposing bench. I think I'll wait til it's mathematically impossible for us to get caught before I accept your congrats with regard to the league. Too many banana skins left for my liking.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    LOL, shure I'm on 2,500 a week just to show up and abuse the opposing bench. I think I'll wait til it's mathematically impossible for us to get caught before I accept your congrats with regard to the league. Too many banana skins left for my liking.
    Get off that fence Cliffy, name one team who's going to catch ye? Try and say it with out laughing to yourself!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Get off that fence Cliffy, name one team who's going to catch ye? Try and say it with out laughing to yourself!!
    Well we know my prediction history (Everton to go down) is shocking, so if I say Mallow will catch us it may actually happen, despite the differing leagues.

Ain't over til the fat lady sings and I've well and truly not even thought about warming the bitch up yet.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Rockmount won 4-0 away to Castleview today in the Cup, comfortable I hear, but I wasn't there. Think Steph, Beech, Pat K and Willie got em, but not sure. Will confirm tomorrow.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

if carlsberg(sorry mean heinekin) did forum threads it would be the MSL one!

Just want to say guys took some time out last nite (yep euro soccer bores me) to scan your league thread looking for some info (more of which I'll come back later too) and had one of the best reads for a longer time. The banter you guys have and the underline humour with each other does come across,its A1. Boy do you all dish it out but can take it on the chin when your own club has a cropper even if you do go to ground for a while ! Its first class not like some threads were some throw wobblies on line. Though if as history shows you going to be a rebel you need disipline in the face adversity and we know you guys have got that !! You could have the beginnings of a comedy sketch show in there( I THOUGHT OF IT FIRSTT) never mind a home for disfunctional priests, real soccer fans at the grassiest (it does rain does it not) of roots of soccer.Me thinks that it sounds like the female role would go to Physio with the soft hands(hands that do dishes etc)
    What was I looking for- as name suggests bit of a freak when it comes to Junior/Intermediate level in Ireland, like collecting records of various leagues. A few years back got hold of book on History of MSL by I beiieve 2 of Corks most reknowned soccer writers G. Desmond & D Galvin (believe they produce programme at T. X for City)(also did Rothmans style annuals on LOI for a couple of years in early 90's) apart from giving a damm good detailed history of the MSL it obviously gave details of the league Champs and R/UP to when the book was printed 1997/98. Ive put your league on back-burner (dont get upset now) pursued other leagues history and what do you know I'm 10 years behind. Managed to acertain last night Rockmount won it in 2005/06 with Avondale Utd R/up, Castleview champs 2004/05, if maths correct Rockmount 2001/2002 (2006-4), Would any of you charming helpful cork lads help me out re your league in giving me details of CHAMPS & RUNNERS UP PERIOD 1998/99 to 2004/05 and for also Div 1 98/99-05/06. OK wise guy why dont I TRY MSL web-page did, but does not seem to be a history page unless I missed it. A big thanks in anticipation of some help.
    OK lets chat about the Msl. First of all league administrators crtainly know how to create grandslam finishes, you guys would'nt hack summer football you'd still be at it at Xmas. Mentioned apart from League, know about Ms CUP, AND fai Intermediate, what is deemed to be the leagues blue ribband cup. Know over the years league has covered most of province, though has always been Cork dominated, 1+1=2 re petrol for travelling to get better representation throughout province? Is there not a cup in Munster played for by the various league champs to determine overall top-dog similar to one in Connaught. Call it a province champions league. Or are MSL seen as I take it as top-dogs end of story. Obviously AUL seen as a feeder to your league.Nearly done, take it as league at Intermediate Level all member clubs enter Mun Senior Cup, what is criteria for entry to this cup by non-senior intermediate sides, is it similar format to FAI Cup last 4 or 8 in Munster Junior Cup qualify for MSCUP.. How well attended are games in MSL ?
    And finally YES FINALLY, as Cork men I'm sure you'd want to wish one of your own the bst of luck in his baptism of fire as manager of my home town in trying to keep them in the F.L. the board in their hour of wisdom ditched the manager of some 5 years or so and thrust the job on your man. Who was seen as his able deputy promptly threw a wobbly (right out of his daddies repatoire) as it was'nt him who was picked and jumped ship. But I'm sure you'd rather us have a rebel boy than a son of an ex hun(oops dont want to get into troubled waters here). Hey great thead and appreciate any help with request. LETS SEE THE LIKES of FERMOY BACK AS TOP DOGS IN mUNSTER.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Sounds like you're writing a book yourself.

MSL Premier Champions
    Rockmount 06/07
    Rockmount 05/06
    Castleview 04/05
    Avondale 03/04
    College Corinthians 02/03
    Rockmount 01/02
    College Corninthians 00/01

Theres a new competition called the Donie Forde Cup where the top 4 in the Premier and the top 4 in the First playoff.
    Last edited by razor; 04/04/2007 at 9:21 AM.