Page 92 of 590 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    On the subject of grangevale maybe if they sign alot of the current Douglas Hall Juniors Players which they have done over the past few years maybe they will become a premier aul team - will they be suitable for the Senior League then?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Oh and dont believe everything you hear either!!!! plus there is an agreement currently in place between the AUL and MSL preventing clubs moving to the MSL

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olachico View Post
    Oh and dont believe everything you hear either!!!! plus there is an agreement currently in place between the AUL and MSL preventing clubs moving to the MSL
    In fairness to Grangevale they have done very well over the previous couple of years with Neil McSorley putting a lot of time & effort in. But to jump from AUL to MSL Senior without the proper facilities would be impossible no matter what they do next year.
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ballsac7 View Post
    In fairness to Grangevale they have done very well over the previous couple of years with Neil McSorley putting a lot of time & effort in. But to jump from AUL to MSL Senior without the proper facilities would be impossible no matter what they do next year.
    I agree totally but then there are only about two clubs in the AUL Premier currently who fit the bill in terms of owning their own facilities etc

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Kit Suppliers

Our club are currently looking for a new kit supplier. Who do your club deal with, how do you find them and what sort of deals are available?
    Last edited by ballsac7; 03/07/2009 at 5:53 PM.
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I know Jako Sports are having a show in the Rochestown Park hotel tonight. They are looking to start supplying Soccer kits to Teams in Cork.
    It starts at 6.30pm and is open to all clubs in Cork

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rooneys View Post
    I know Jako Sports are having a show in the Rochestown Park hotel tonight. They are looking to start supplying Soccer kits to Teams in Cork.
    It starts at 6.30pm and is open to all clubs in Cork
    Is their stuff any good? I know they did Drogheda's gear but haven't seen much of their stuff. The price needs to be competitive in the current climate.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Sports gear direct are also a good kit supplier. They are local too and do alot of sponsorship in the league.We should try support our own as much as possible. http://www.sportsgeardirect.ie/

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Billynomates View Post
    Sports gear direct are also a good kit supplier. They are local too and do alot of sponsorship in the league.We should try support our own as much as possible. http://www.sportsgeardirect.ie/
    Thats fair enough but you have to make sure you get the best deal for a club as well.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Got to say for customer service Sports Gear Direct is the one for me!! I find with O'Neills (the company) not the branch in Cork that they are very unwilling to produce small numbers of items!! Like if a jersey went missing its difficult to get just one more - they always seem to want you to order a minimum of 5 items!! And Sports gear direct seems to be as competitively priced as anything you find on the internet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Norrie news

If you are plannin for the season ahead an you want proper good value then the internet is the only place to go.Theres not a company or sports shop that can come any where near the prices on the net.

Just for instance type in football kits and equipment and you will get a lorry load of sites in England who do deals that no one and I mean on one could match here.

The Umbro balls that had to be used in the Fai Junior and Intermediate for instance,last season we were told we could purchase tham for either 45 or 55 euro direct from the Aul or Msl at a discount price,you can get um on the net from Newwits or Samba Soccer for 20 sterling encluding delivery,an less again if you buy more than 5.Mitre Max,the ball most senior league teams use,20 sterling roughly and less again depending on how many you buy.The Mitre ULTIMATCH,which is a very popular ball at junior level, 12 sterling or less if you shop around,yet there 25 euro here.

I just priced an order for my club this season which was 20 Mitre REVO training balls which are 15 euro here , how much per ball 7.73 sterling on the net from Samba Soccer and 10 Mitre Monde match balls(just behind the Mitre Max in terms of quality except for some reason Mitre dont sell them here and their the most popular match ball for the non pro game in England !!!) fro 14 sterlin each,the grand total of 310 sterling(roughly 360 euro),encluding delivery for 20 top quality training balls,and 10 quality match balls.

Gear encluding full kits depending on the maker for as little as 350 euro encluding numbering and delivery,even small things like replacement socks,1:99 sterling for a pair as apposed to 7 or 8 euro over here for the same stuff.

If your stuck then buy local,cause you have no choice bascially,if you plan ahead an allow a week ofr delivery then the net is the best place for what ever you need.Up to yourself really.
    Their's only one Dinny Pop's.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Gareth Cambridge has signed for Cork City. He will be training full time but wont get paid. Any more rumours in the MSL? Teams will be back training soon

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Gareth Cambridge has signed for Cork City. He will be training full time but wont get paid. Any more rumours in the MSL? Teams will be back training soon
    Heard the Senior League have found a team to make the 2nd Senior Divison a league with 10 teams.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I thought teams could not join the MSL from AUL? Unless its someone like crosshaven who have a junior team but not a senior.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Has Kevin Mulcahy left Douglas Hall to sign for Avondale??? Also looks like Willie Byrne is gone from Rockmount and Buttsy is going back to Castleview.And with Howey going to Waterford some big changes there. Everton have signed Dereck Varian from Kinsale. A fine player and an international too. Could be what they need to challenge next year

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ballsac7 View Post
    Is their stuff any good? I know they did Drogheda's gear but haven't seen much of their stuff. The price needs to be competitive in the current climate.
    Yes its good quality. I have some samples of the gear and the cover the whole range from Team kits to training kit, flags, Ladders, Gear bags etc. If anybody wants a catalogue just reply to me and I'll send one on

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I thought teams could not join the MSL from AUL? Unless its someone like crosshaven who have a junior team but not a senior.
    Thats who I've heard it is, Crosshaven, couldn't be an AUL side.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I think the former Douglas Hall junior manager has taken over them

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I think the former Douglas Hall junior manager has taken over them
    Thats Gavin Roche your on about, no I think he is just playing for Crosshaven. Its the former Oscar Traynor manager Buzz who is still in charge.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    I heard Mark Cans O Sullivan heading back to grattan from St Marys,seems to be a strange move in my eyes with the Saints looking to improve further this season and maybe set for a title challenge