Thread: Munster Senior League

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Cheats!!!?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda01 View Post
    in my opinion what happen up there was a disgrace and nothing short of cheating, this is my opinion so no jumping down my throat. if a team is to survive relegation on this i couldn't stomach it, for what they done i hope they go down!
    I read the echo last nite and my opinion is that Castleview have cheated their way to a playoff.

In Paul Hogan's report he talks about the Hall manager not being too worried because the result wasn't too important to them. But what about UCC - no mention of them or how their manager feels!!!

Lisa Fallon said that no rule was broken. She has written some good stuff recently but this wasn't the case last night. (Do these reporters have connections with Castleview - because the articles lean that way???)

The fact is Castleview cheated last sunday and will probably get away with it (because I reckon they'll beat UCC)- but the real soccer people in the city will remember it!!!

C'mon UCC!!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yes there are connections here.
    Paul Hogan is a Castleview player(he played this season). for the last few seasons & Lisa Fallon is his girlfriend so hence why the articles lean that way.

I have to agree & witnessed it myself up there on Sunday. It was sad to see I have to admit

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I'd agree with the earlier comment that all hop balls should be contested.Too much cribbing and crying over who should have possesion.I've seen it in so many games this season, and it creates bad feeling.
    Saw the R'mount & Blarney game last evening.To be fair and if anyone was above there they'd agree, Ross got 2 great goals but that is all they created.When blarney got the ball down (at least one team tried) they played well, and missing some keys players and a keeper, it was a deserved result.they got a super free kick and a lucky bounce from late shot but keeper at fault
    Hopefully referee's will improve for next season.I haven't seen one decent ref this season.Too many think that they are good.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Footballer View Post
    Paul Hogan is a Castleview player(he played this season). for the last few seasons & Lisa Fallon is his girlfriend so hence why the articles lean that way.

I have to agree & witnessed it myself up there on Sunday. It was sad to see I have to admit
    I take it you also have a Castleview connection to know that!
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Footballer View Post
    I only read Mondays echo last night and I must say it was kinda weird to see 2 full pages dedicated to one MSL game.
    You had Hogans match report on the left and Fallons justification piece on how Castleview did nothing wrong on the right.
    All she basically did was quote the football rule book (glad to see she is reading it at last) and say that everything Castleview did was within the rules of the game.

I think everyone on here knows that but the main problem being that giving the ball back to your opponent is an unwritten rule and what Castleview did was morally wrong.
    If teams are not going to adhere to the unwritten laws then contested hop balls are the only solution.

Castleview play UCC in the Relegation dogfight at Ringmahon Park 11am on Sunday morning.
    Last edited by razor; 20/05/2009 at 8:08 AM.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    I think everyone on here knows that but the main problem being that giving the ball back to your opponent is an unwritten rule ......
    If teams are not going to adhere to the unwritten laws then contested hop balls are the only solution.
    As we all know, verbal agreements are not worth the paper they're written on!!!
    This has potential to run and run, and even at higher levels of the game than ours (yea, I know MSL is the pinnacle ) there has been conflict about this issue. This cannot be legislated.

Back to contested hop balls.....
    "The times are tough now, just getting tougher
    This old world is rough, its just getting rougher"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    I'm away for the week lads. Next time I'm on hopefully it'll be to read all your congrats on a title for the Rockmount. If not I'll be first to take the hat off to Avondale and say well done.

I know the Blarney lads will give it everything tonight. Wouldn't want it any other way to be honest. I know we'd do our best if the shoe was on the other foot.

Best of luck to all, but especially to Rockmount.

Forza Mount.

Best of luck Clifford on thurs.

Should be a great encounter. Hopefully the dale can get it on the deck and play some ball. I predict a draw with Avondale scoring first and rockmount scoring late.

Hopefully we'll be celebrating 2 in a row...

Come on the dale!!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by code red View Post
    I'd agree with the earlier comment that all hop balls should be contested.Too much cribbing and crying over who should have possesion.I've seen it in so many games this season, and it creates bad feeling.
    Saw the R'mount & Blarney game last evening.To be fair and if anyone was above there they'd agree, Ross got 2 great goals but that is all they created.When blarney got the ball down (at least one team tried) they played well, and missing some keys players and a keeper, it was a deserved result.they got a super free kick and a lucky bounce from late shot but keeper at fault
    Hopefully referee's will improve for next season.I haven't seen one decent ref this season.Too many think that they are good.
    On hols, took a quick look in, but felt I had to comment on this.

Now I know how Bohs feel, this stuff is continually thrown at Rockmount and it's frankly terrible. Don't get it down, don't pass it about like Arsenal etc. Well take yer so called passing game (that's a good one!) and throw it in the bin until we see yee competing at this stage of the season year on year for the next ten like Billy and his cohorts have been. We'll take on any MSL team in Turners cross and wipe the floor football wise with them if we want. Howey, Oldham, Gaz, Aidan, Yelvy, Ross, Beech, Pat K, Willie B etc etc will play ball with anyone. No point doing it though when the pitch is poor and the ref is allowing a team of muckers kick seven shades of poo out of us. Been there done that lad. I'll come back and debate it when the Blarney lads are winning titles and FAI cups year on year with this flair stuff they are at.

Yeah right that's a good one, flair my eye.

Gutted for Mark, but he'll be fine tomorrow.

Know what we need to do against our usual opponants and we'll try to do it. As usual I'll take my hat off to Dale if they win it. Got to be worth praise when contending year on year.

Good luck to you to Avondale Nutter, it comes down to a shoot out. May the best crew win.
    Last edited by Clifford; 21/05/2009 at 1:41 PM.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    On hols, took a quick look in, but felt I had to comment on this.

Now I know how Bohs feel, this bull is continually thrown at Rockmount and it's frankly terrible. Don't get it down, don't pass it about like Arsenal etc. Well take yer so called passing game (that's a good one!) and throw it in the bin until we see yee competing at this stage of the season year on year for the next ten like Billy and his cohorts have been. We'll take on any MSL team in Turners cross and wipe the floor football wise with them if we want. Howey, Oldham, Gaz, Aidan, Yelvy, Ross, Beech, Pat K, Willie B etc etc will play ball with anyone. No point doing it though when the pitch is crap and the ref is allowing a team of muckers kick seven shades of poo out of us. Been there done that lad. I'll come back and debate it when the Blarney lads are winning titles and FAI cups year on year with this flair stuff they are at.

Yeah right that's a good one, flair my eye.

Gutted for Mark, but he'll be fine tomorrow.

Know what we need to do against our usual opponants and we'll try to do it. As usual I'll take my hat off to Dale if they win it. Got to be worth praise when contending year on year.

Good luck to you to Avondale Nutter, it comes down to a shoot out. May the best crew win.
    to be fair to code red clifford, ye have turned more to the formula ya have developed to win rather than playing good quality football, i not saying it's good, bad or indifferent as the amount ye win justifies it, or that ye don't have some great ball players, but ye now have a penchant of long ball and win the breakdown. if it ain't broke don't fix it i suppose but at least look at it and admit it!
    Last edited by razor; 22/05/2009 at 8:12 AM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Good post Yoda, I do acknowledge that we don't get it down and spray it around in passeges of thirty passes like the Blarney lads and the rest of the teams in the league do. I accept totally what he says and have no prob with it, but the way he put it across was that we are like Wimbledon and they are like Barca. It just ain't true. Horses for courses and all that. I'll take this position to theirs any day of the week.

Every team in the Prem has to mix it and we've to do it more than most as teams are generally raising their games against us and the Dale lads. I make no apols for watching winning footie, some of the ball we play when 1-0 up and cruising is sublime, but you'd have to see us week in week out for that as most MSL games are dogged to say the least.

I've watched almost all the Dale v Mount games over the last few years and I've yet to see a classic, but by God not one ounce of energy is left on the field after them. Good luck to all tonight.
    Last edited by razor; 22/05/2009 at 8:13 AM.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Good post Yoda, I do acknowledge that we don't get it down and spray it around in passeges of thirty passes like the Blarney lads and the rest of the teams in the league do. I accept totally what he says and have no prob with it, but the way he put it across was that we are like Wimbledon and they are like Barca. It just ain't true. Horses for courses and all that. I'll take this position to theirs any day of the week.

Every team in the Prem has to mix it and we've to do it more than most as teams are generally raising their games against us and the Dale lads. I make no apols for watching winning footie, some of the ball we play when 1-0 up and cruising is sublime, but you'd have to see us week in week out for that as most MSL games are dogged to say the least.

I've watched almost all the Dale v Mount games over the last few years and I've yet to see a classic, but by God not one ounce of energy is left on the field after them. Good luck to all tonight.

Oh, I've edited the bad words out of my original post, you might edit it as well pls. Cheers.
    i also see a lot of premier games and know what it takes to win them and can understand how and why ye have developed that strategy, as you said it's winning games that counts but were not playing/watching a standard of football we'd like to believe we are. there are very few good footballing teams in the premier believe it or not and those that generally are don't win much. take UCC for example, always known as a good footballing side, look at their position this year, same goes for blarney i suppose.
    Last edited by razor; 22/05/2009 at 8:13 AM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Again, I agree entirely with you. As I said it's horses for courses. Im sure Mount have the players (most with LOI experience) to go out and play silky first time passing game if we had to, but when you go to the likes of Castleview and they stick you on the kids pitch to narrow the playing field then you adapt accordingly.

We adapt better than most of the rest is my point. The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Getting nervous now. Sitting in 30 degree heat with a cocktail wondering how it will be there tonight, I assume it's still raining heavily. 30 degress here, oh I said that already did I???

Go on the Rockies.
    Last edited by razor; 22/05/2009 at 8:14 AM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    0-0 in Rockmount Pk at half time

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    0-0 at full time

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    mount had good few chances the avondale goal led a charmed life in second half plus some superb saves from dale keeper.
    if it wasnt for birds and booze id have played for ireland juniors!!!!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    well done 2 avondale on winning the league.rockmount's first season without silverware in a long time.the game itself was good enough for 0-0 draw dale keeper pulled off 1 or 2 good saves.i'm sure mount will be back next season with a point to prove.i also heard billy cronin is packing up after this season i don't know how true this is just a rumour i heard anyone else hear this,big blow to mount if it true

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    They parked the bus we couldn't move it. Suppose it was a sad way to end it, but we just didn't get the breaks on the night. Good defending got the better of all out attack. Love to see anyone say we play long ball after that.

We still got the Muns Sen cup final mayfield my good man, don't write us off for silverware just yet.

Hat's off to Dale, another cracking season between these two great clubs. Pipped us at the post, but we'll be back again.

Suppose losing the two lads to their travels hurt us in the end, but a season without Oldham and Slatts also took it's toll in terms of experience. Lot's will happen at Mount over the summer I'm sure, but again hat's off to Avondale. Well done.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Mount throw everything at Avondale. Avondale could of been i up just before the half only for bruton to head over from 5 yards out. 2nd half it was all rockmount. Phil Cunningham missed a sitter of header to put rockmount in the lead. It was then wave after wave of attack. I lost count of how many corners they got.O Connell in goal produced some fine saves.Man of the match in my opinion.Rockmount should have won but Avondale just what they wanted and now thats two in a row.So well done Avondale.Rockmount didnt even lose a game all season so hats of to them also

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Not a classic but these games never are.
    First half was even enough, Avondale started the better with neither team creating much, Pat Keane blew a golden chance over the bar when unmarked and as said earlier Bruton had a header wide just before the break.

The 2nd half started pretty much the same but 10/15 minutes in Avondale started to drop a bit deeper and invited Mount onto them, for about 20/25 minutes then it was backs to the wall stuff, Mount had corner after corner, they cleared one off the line, O'Connell tipped over from Hoey and Cunningham missed a sitter.
    In response to this Rockmount domination Cotter came on for Spratty and gave the Dale midfield a bit more solidity where they were previously being overrun.
    Mount keeper was a spectator in the 2nd half and even though they had the chances they failed to put them away, man of the match for me was Noel Hartigan, another faultless performance at centre half, imperious.
    Well done to Dale and best of luck to Mount in the Munster Senior Cup Final, I was chatting to one of the Waterford Utd coaching staff at the game as he ran his eye over Mount, I reminded him that Mount have unfinished business.
    Last edited by razor; 22/05/2009 at 1:51 PM.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well done

Congratulations to Avondale on another fine season and winning the league and Commiserations to rockmount, tough going to not lose a game all season and still not win it. not sure would i believe the rumour about billy going as we hear that nearly every year, i'm sure he's out and about knocking on fellas doors for next year already!