Page 81 of 590 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181581 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rockmount V Blarney in intermediate cup.Another home draw for the Rockies.Won't have it all their own way up there though.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shilts View Post
    Youghal 12 CIT 2. This is a joke!
    Its a pity that things are going so wrong for CIT this year. Especially when they had such a good first season. Be patient with it though! I believe they will come good in the next few years as things settle. CIT with their facilities WILL be good for the MSL. It took UCC a good few years to get things sorted, but they have been a competitive premier side for a good few years now.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Everton 1-3 St Marys

Marys went 1 up after a minute but then lost their keeper to a back injury after 20 minutes and as they had no sub keeper had to play an outfield player in goal for the rest of the game.
    Everton levelled just before half time but Marys went on to win it in the 2nd despite some good Everton pressure.

UCC 0-2 Blarney Utd is a result from yesterday.
    Last edited by razor; 15/02/2009 at 11:50 AM.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rockmount 0-0 Douglas Hall

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Back from Rockmount Park. Decent match without being spectacular, two teams cancelling each other out. Suspect both camps will be happy with a share of the spoils, keeping both involved at the business end of the league.
    "The times are tough now, just getting tougher
    This old world is rough, its just getting rougher"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Ballincollig 1-2 Avondale

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Was at the Rockmount Vs Douglas Hall game taught it was a poor game would agree that both teams seemed happy with a point, Rockmount seemed to have the most of the possesion but not many shots . Podge touched 1 or 2 over the bar from crosses but that was it. The Mount bench contained Alan Kearney, Colin O Shea, Gary Leahy, Brian McCarthy and Wilks with Slatts out and Oldham that is true quality in depth

Dave the Save on goal for St Marys this morning, Malcom made a few big calls with dropping Stod the Gk, Andy Mylod and Gareth Cambridge and with Aidan the Mag Caallaghan in NYC amd JP Sull suspended this was a great win for Marys. Stod didnt turn up on knowing he was dropped so Fleezer went ingoal and I hear he played well
    "Build it and they will come"

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ball-hop View Post
    Back from Rockmount Park. Decent match without being spectacular, two teams cancelling each other out. Suspect both camps will be happy with a share of the spoils, keeping both involved at the business end of the league.
    Spot on, nothing really happened at all. Both sides cancelled each other out.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary Joe View Post
    Its a pity that things are going so wrong for CIT this year. Especially when they had such a good first season. Be patient with it though! I believe they will come good in the next few years as things settle. CIT with their facilities WILL be good for the MSL. It took UCC a good few years to get things sorted, but they have been a competitive premier side for a good few years now.
    If you are not good enough you shouldn't be in the league. And the MSL Senior 2nd Div is hardly La Liga is it? No points in Feb and hammerings every week is not good enough when there are plenty of clubs who are of a much higher playing standard being left out. The MSL need to look at this situation for next year. Maybe put the CIT team into a junior division for a few years because the present situation is doing nobody any favours.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shilts View Post
    Maybe put the CIT team into a junior division for a few years because the present situation is doing nobody any favours.
    They are already there and just as bad!
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Just heard that Ringmahon are not being docked any points for the riot they started corinthians park 2 weeks ago. MSL claim there was not enough time played for corinthians to be awarded the game!!!
    Joke if ever I heard one, Ringmahon should be docked points and Corinthians awarded points, Corinthians player has 3 broken ribs and got 6 stitches in back of his head and also lost his front tooth

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Angry We all have to get up for work on monday

Quote Originally Posted by collcorforever View Post
    Just heard that Ringmahon are not being docked any points for the riot they started corinthians park 2 weeks ago. MSL claim there was not enough time played for corinthians to be awarded the game!!!
    Joke if ever I heard one, Ringmahon should be docked points and Corinthians awarded points, Corinthians player has 3 broken ribs and got 6 stitches in back of his head and also lost his front tooth
    For a long time now teams in the MSL have been acting like animals and getting away with it. Ringmahon for example big tough boys......or so they think, any time a team like corinthians in this case put it up to them, be it either with football or physicallity Ringmahon resort to "PLAN B" and its been a long time coming but eventually someone has wound up in hospital because of their actions. Football is a physical sport and unfortunately people do get injured and end up in hospital with cuts, tears and breaks thats just the nature of the beast, but having your teeth knocked out with a punch or having your ribs broken by a kick or having to get stitches in your head because a guy stamped it is, for me, inexcuseable. Even if its not at MSL level, at what point do the club say enough is enough. Some clubs seem to have carte blanche when it comes to stuff like this, Patsy tried to intimidate players for years when in charge of castleview. I remember a game against UCC when he brough himself on and immediately punched a fella, come on like!!!

Its obvious the MSL turn a blind eye to these "minor infractions" but i suppose they are not the fellas ringing into work on a monday morning to explain to the boss why they are not in work cause some scumbag attacked them.

END OF RANT

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by collcorforever View Post
    Corinthians player has 3 broken ribs and got 6 stitches in back of his head and also lost his front tooth
    I don't even think its the 3 points thats the issue here.
    I for one would be all for getting the police involved. thuggery of the highest order. If this happened in the street then there'd be arrests.
    Last edited by razor; 19/02/2009 at 10:41 AM.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Where do UCC play their evening matches there playing Wanderers tonight and I want to head up?......Mardyke is it?
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Correct
    "Failure to Prepare. Prepare to Fail"

Roy Keane

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Didn't make it to UCC!

What were the scores in tonights games?
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Blarney Utd 0-2 Rockmount

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Yeah, gritty 2-0 away win for Rockmount. Billy rang the changes from Sunday's draw and got a deserved win. The goal when it came was a classic, Beech beat the offside and lobbed the onrushing Mccarthy who in an effort to stop the goal handled the lob from about 2 yards outside the box! Kinger curled in a free kick from the top drawer, it was in the minute it left his boot. Beech sealed the win later on with a stooping header at the back post.

Mount back on track only 100 games in hand now to catch up on. I'd take the same score in the Intermediate cup - I'd be very happy to take the same score. Think Cliffy and Ray were their best players on the night, but I hear the cavelry from Cobh are on the way. Should be interesting to see how the locals take that influx!
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    UCC v Cobh Wanderers 3-2
    Blarney Utd v Rockmount 0-2

Beamish Cup
    Youghal Utd v Carrigaline Utd 2-1
    CIT v Castleview 0-10
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Reserves