Thread: Munster Senior League

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redandwhite View Post
    Midleton added many new faces?
    Yea they had a few from cobhs under 19s from last season very good center forward to replace chubbs seem a bit ironic as cobh were playing on the next pitch been beaten by ringmahon if cobh could get all there players back from other clubs they could really challenge for honours.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goggs View Post
    Yea they had a few from cobhs under 19s from last season very good center forward to replace chubbs seem a bit ironic as cobh were playing on the next pitch been beaten by ringmahon if cobh could get all there players back from other clubs they could really challenge for honours.

They played with cobh rambler .. Two player who were in 19s the other 6 I thing played for cobh ramblers and they played league of ireland reserve league for 3 years Also looking at ringmahon there was one player and wanders had two players ..when reserve season was over they used to play for both cobh teams who played aul football and msl and the when back to ramblers .. But this year due fai takeover there was no senior football .. Just under 19s league of ireland
    the sub

3. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobias View Post
    Blarney United 1-0 Douglas Hall earlier today.

Well deserved win for Blarney, probably should have won by more. Hit the post a couple of times and had a couple cleared off the line. Good response from Blarney after the hammering mid-week.
    was this a friendly ?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Silly Billy G View Post
    was this a friendly ?
    Yes, played on Blarneys all weather pitch

6. Thanks From:

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I am just enquiring to what would you need to start up a new team in the cork city area for the 2013/2014 season i supose?
    I.e. Costs of entering the league
    Other items that we would have to be able to play in the league.
    I.e. types of insurance and pitches and jersey
    Last edited by razor; 21/08/2012 at 7:27 AM. Reason: made readable

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goggs View Post
    was chubbs there or did he do a runner??

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Hes gone to Avondale

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Rock mount 2 Glasheen 1

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [MOD EDIT: Please don't post other people's email addresses in the clear.]

Eduardoed, there is a lot involved in establishing a new team/club so you would be looking at 2013/14 season at earliest.

In terms of info your best bet is probably to send an enquiry to Donal, munsterseniorleague AT eircom DOT net

Best of luck with your efforts!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Fermoy beat Leeside 1-0 tonight. They were obv smarting after the heavy defeat v Midleton and didn't bother with too much attacking but were set up well defensively and were decent in possession. Couple of right hot heads who might struggle with discipline this season but hopefully not as they played nice football. Some racy tackles as well, but I assume that was after a rocket following a defeat.

From our point of view some of the football was good considering we've worked mostly on fitness til now. Better finishing would have seen it finish 3/4 nil but on we go.

Roll on Keane cup next Thursday away to ringmahon.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    As said above Fermoy 1-0 Leeside. Good game of football played on a fantastic surface down in Fermoy. Yes we had a very bad result v midleton on sunday morning with what was a depleted squad, the exact same as tonight. We are not a team for making excuses, but up to now we have not had our first team out together in any friendly fixture yet and wont do for the keane cup either as 5 lads (senior team) are on holidays since saturday for the next 2 weeks. Tonight we only had 12, would of been easy to shy out of the game, wouldnt do it as i heard there was 2/3 teams done that to ye last week. Started 2 night with 5 junior members, 1 in centre mid at the age of 45 and 1 up front at the age of 37! Anyway thats that. Honestly, 2 bad tackles by our lads tonight, 1 early, 1 late, that was it. Both teams had a few late by harmless challenges. As said earlier good game of football by both sides, fermoy created most of chances in first half and struck 4 min before the half. 2nd half Fermoy on top for first 15 but after that Leeside piled on the pressure and created 3/4 good chances. Clifford, if up to now ye have only focused on fitness, ye better keep going with that cause the last 20 ye looked out on yere feet. Im sorry but i think ye are going to really struggle in the premier this year, i would say ye are a banker to go down. but only reason i am not saying that yet is because of yere keeper, 2 top drawer saves tonight in fairness, devine will never loose it. At the end of the day ye need to remember that there was a difference of 2 divisions betwwen teams tonight and 1 team with nearly 50% of juniors. Best of luck to fermoy for the rest of the season, very nice hosts and you never know we might cross paths again during the season.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluey View Post
    As said above Fermoy 1-0 Leeside. Good game of football played on a fantastic surface down in Fermoy. Yes we had a very bad result v midleton on sunday morning with what was a depleted squad, the exact same as tonight. We are not a team for making excuses, but up to now we have not had our first team out together in any friendly fixture yet and wont do for the keane cup either as 5 lads (senior team) are on holidays since saturday for the next 2 weeks. Tonight we only had 12, would of been easy to shy out of the game, wouldnt do it as i heard there was 2/3 teams done that to ye last week. Started 2 night with 5 junior members, 1 in centre mid at the age of 45 and 1 up front at the age of 37! Anyway thats that. Honestly, 2 bad tackles by our lads tonight, 1 early, 1 late, that was it. Both teams had a few late by harmless challenges. As said earlier good game of football by both sides, fermoy created most of chances in first half and struck 4 min before the half. 2nd half Fermoy on top for first 15 but after that Leeside piled on the pressure and created 3/4 good chances. Clifford, if up to now ye have only focused on fitness, ye better keep going with that cause the last 20 ye looked out on yere feet. Im sorry but i think ye are going to really struggle in the premier this year, i would say ye are a banker to go down. but only reason i am not saying that yet is because of yere keeper, 2 top drawer saves tonight in fairness, devine will never loose it. At the end of the day ye need to remember that there was a difference of 2 divisions betwwen teams tonight and 1 team with nearly 50% of juniors. Best of luck to fermoy for the rest of the season, very nice hosts and you never know we might cross paths again during the season.

I think the above statement is a little unfair on Fermoy. If they struggle, so be it, it won't be for the lack of trying but to say they are 'banker' for relegation is quite unfair. Afterall, you are making that statment after seeing them in pre-season. Remember it's PRE-SEASON!

I think Fermoy will be competitve, i know some of the lads down there & have played against them many times over the years. I don't think Fermoy will be the 'worst' team in the division & will every chance of staying up. You heard it here first

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    The beauty of football eh, all about opinions. Best of luck to ye.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    Fermoy beat Leeside 1-0 tonight. They were obv smarting after the heavy defeat v Midleton and didn't bother with too much attacking but were set up well defensively and were decent in possession. Couple of right hot heads who might struggle with discipline this season but hopefully not as they played nice football. Some racy tackles as well, but I assume that was after a rocket following a defeat.

From our point of view some of the football was good considering we've worked mostly on fitness til now. Better finishing would have seen it finish 3/4 nil but on we go.

Roll on Keane cup next Thursday away to ringmahon.
    One sugar or two sugar Clifford
    67 years in cork soccer 1951-2018
    🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    you do make excuses when the glen played you ..you had both dressing rooms taken up....like i said to booboy il see you back in aul lol

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Touch View Post
    I think the above statement is a little unfair on Fermoy. If they struggle, so be it, it won't be for the lack of trying but to say they are 'banker' for relegation is quite unfair. Afterall, you are making that statment after seeing them in pre-season. Remember it's PRE-SEASON!

I think Fermoy will be competitve, i know some of the lads down there & have played against them many times over the years. I don't think Fermoy will be the 'worst' team in the division & will every chance of staying up. You heard it here first

Fair play TT, yeah it was a pre season game and we treated it as thus. Players out of position and looking at a few different bodies - 4 new local lads (who have never played MSL) involved to add to the depth of our light local squad. We're under no illusions as to the challenge we face and Bluey isn't offending anyone with his opinion, all teams climbing a division will take a while to adapt, but I don't think anyone will begrudge us being there after three years knocking on the door.

I assure you no one will have it easy against us.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ringmahon4ever View Post
    One sugar or two sugar Clifford
    2 for me as usual. Make sure you introduce yourself to me this time bud.

Looking forward to it, always tough up with you boys. Hope all is going well.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Lee side will be worth watching this season if only to hear the stuff last night's number 9, Ricky, comes out with. It's like he's starring in his own version of FIFA 12 or something ha ha Tidy player though.

My first time seeing Leeside last night and think they'll do well in the 2nd Division this year. Some nice ball players mixed with some hard, bordering on red card, type players!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Lee side will be worth watching this season if only to hear the stuff last night's number 9, Ricky, comes out with. It's like he's starring in his own version of FIFA 12 or something ha ha Tidy player though.

My first time seeing Leeside last night and think they'll do well in the 2nd Division this year. Some nice ball players mixed with some hard, bordering on red card, type players!
    hes the best player they have ...i think they will find it hard .when they lose they have excuse not a good sign ..or their short..gettings will carry them .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    2 for me as usual. Make sure you introduce yourself to me this time bud.

Looking forward to it, always tough up with you boys. Hope all is going well.
    Ah but then my identity Will be revealed ha ha. Yeah everything seems good from what i hear and see.good square with some new additions and players up from junior team.only time Will tell but as you know yourself the 1st decision is very tough
    67 years in cork soccer 1951-2018
    🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫