Results 3,921 to 3,940 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southsider View Post
    Ah stop Howie hes not near good enough for the Hall. Hes handy at best if thats the type of player there chasing this summer they wont be challenging Rockmount or Avondale this coming year. Danny Long from Everton is heading to Avondale not Douglas Hall...
    howie a few good player and i think he'll get into the douglas hall midfield,but his the same type of midfielder as decky,kevin mull and co brilliant to have in your team when your on top in a match,these guy go out of a game when there under pressure and the other team is on top,but what douglas hall need is a midfielder with a bit of fight in him a player who does all the donkey work cover every blade of grass and who will throw himself into a tackle and is at his best when your team under pressure players like pat keane,steph hurley and cotter from avondale in there younger years would have been ideal
    Last edited by mayfield utd; 28/06/2011 at 5:30 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mayfield utd View Post
    howie a few good player and i think he'll get into the douglas hall midfield,but his the same type of midfielder as decky,kevin mull and co brilliant to have in your team when your on top in a match,these guy go out of a game when there under pressure and the other team is on top,but what douglas hall need is a midfielder with a bit of fight in him a player who does all the donkey work cover every blade of grass and who will throw himself into a tackle and is at his best when your team under pressure players like pat keane,steph hurley and cotter from avondale in there younger years would have been ideal
    very good point!! doyler for rockmount used to do the buisness as well!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by villaman10 View Post
    Haven't the hall got mooresy and gearoid(use to play for Leeds) that can play that position?..the hall problem is lack of discipline when they go a goal down.very good football side but just lack that and at times a bit of heart

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by villaman10 View Post
    forgot about doyler he was probably the best player in this position in recent years

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefscout View Post
    Haven't the hall got mooresy and gearoid(use to play for Leeds) that can play that position?..the hall problem is lack of discipline when they go a goal down.very good football side but just lack that and at times a bit of heart
    moorsey like pat keane,steph hurley and cotter there best years are behind them(i know they can still do a good job),i never heard of the guy that use to play for leeds,if he was good enough surely he'd play cos there lacking that type of player

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    moorsey like pat keane,steph hurley and cotter there best years are behind them(i know they can still do a good job),i never heard of the guy that use to play for leeds,if he was good enough surely he'd play cos there lacking that type of player
    That guy gearoid is gaz who plays at the back for the hall.. Mayfield Utd surely ur not putting gaz in the same bracket as cotts or pat keane who were and still are excellent players..He is nowhere them..Moorsey is still one of the best midfielders in the league and wud prob get into any side in the msl.. The hall problem is there central defence. They need a centre half badly.. They never replaced shammy long. He was a proper centre half.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pundit View Post
    That guy gearoid is gaz who plays at the back for the hall.. Mayfield Utd surely ur not putting gaz in the same bracket as cotts or pat keane who were and still are excellent players..He is nowhere them..Moorsey is still one of the best midfielders in the league and wud prob get into any side in the msl.. The hall problem is there central defence. They need a centre half badly.. They never replaced shammy long. He was a proper centre Gaz half.
    Gaz hasn't the football of cotts or keane but is one tough bol**x.it's a fella like that the hall need in there...defensively they are poor through the middle

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pundit View Post
    That guy gearoid is gaz who plays at the back for the hall.. Mayfield Utd surely ur not putting gaz in the same bracket as cotts or pat keane who were and still are excellent players..He is nowhere them..Moorsey is still one of the best midfielders in the league and wud prob get into any side in the msl.. The hall problem is there central defence. They need a centre half badly.. They never replaced shammy long. He was a proper centre half.
    no i didn't know it was gaz at the back he was talking about,his not the best in the back line let alone midfield,he's not a good ball player, pat keane , steph hurley and cotter can play ball.if moorsey is one of the best midfielders why is he spending so much time on the bench when douglas hall or crying out for a midfielder like him,,i said his best years are behind him cos he not getting in the team,moorsey of say 3 years ago would have walked in the douglas hall team.your right moorsey has been one of the best midfielders in the msl over the last few years

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    no i didn't know it was gaz at the back he was talking about,his not the best in the back line let alone midfield,he's not a good ball player, pat keane , steph hurley and cotter can play ball.if moorsey is one of the best midfielders why is he spending so much time on the bench when douglas hall or crying out for a midfielder like him,,i said his best years are behind him cos he not getting in the team,moorsey of say 3 years ago would ha

ve walked in the douglas hall team.your right moorsey has been one of the best midfielders in the msl over the last few years
    first of all Gaz would walk onto mayfield team in either position.and 2nd of all surely your not suggesting Steph was anywhere near as good or even in same category player as cots or keane

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    mooresy player/ ass. coach next season for douglas, be interseting to see how that goes for him and douglas!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefscout View Post
    first of all Gaz would walk onto mayfield team in either position.and 2nd of all surely your not suggesting Steph was anywhere near as good or even in same category player as cots or keane
    1st of all gaz wouldn't get a game with our seniors,his good in the air that about it,secondly i never said steph was as good as pat keane or cotter,i said his the same type of player and his done a decent enough job in that position for us and rockmount over the years.gaz would walk into the castleview team no problem cos there only a mid table 1st division team :-) go on defend your teammates cos your still a player,just remember patsy will replace you when he can find a half decent player
    Last edited by mayfield utd; 29/06/2011 at 11:22 PM.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    no i didn't know it was gaz at the back he was talking about,his not the best in the back line let alone midfield,he's not a good ball player, pat keane , steph hurley and cotter can play ball.if moorsey is one of the best midfielders why is he spending so much time on the bench when douglas hall or crying out for a midfielder like him,,i said his best years are behind him cos he not getting in the team,moorsey of say 3 years ago would have walked in the douglas hall team.your right moorsey has been one of the best midfielders in the msl over the last few years
    Hi lads, just joined up but have been taking an interest in this for a while now.
    @Mayfield utd, u said mooresy spends time on the bench this season. ive seen him once on the bench id say, last year he got munster senior league player of the year, this year douglas hall senior player of the year and im sure he got it 3 years ago too. mooresy would still walk into any munster senior league team.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    1st of all gaz wouldn't get a game with our seniors,his good in the air that about it,secondly i never said steph was as good as pat keane or cotter,i said his the same type of player and his done a decent enough job in that position for us and rockmount over the years.gaz would walk into the castleview team no problem cos there only a mid table 1st division team :-) go

on defend your teammates cos your still a player,just
    remember patsy will replace you when he can find a half
    decent player
    Very harsh mayfield united.but your wrong in so many points especially with me still being with castleview.plus Gaz wouldn't take a giant step down and play for your lot like Steph did and use ye as a something to do on a Sunday morning club...that is when he turns up

14. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    The Forum turning into a right bitch fest ha

Moorsey getting involved in the management surely a good idea. I dont know him too well - played against him for years but seemed to be very well respected and liked by the players. D Hall have had problems maintaining discipline for the last few years in my opinion and this has cost them the league. Too many sendings off for mouthing and the like esp from senior talented players who should know better. If Moorsey can get through to these lads to let their football do the talking and stop throwing tantrums then they could finally clinch the title. In fairness to them they have the players to beat any team in the league and on their day could even hammer some of the better teams. Problem comes when teams such as Rockmount/ Avondale even Blarney frustrate them they struggle to remain patient and keep playing the football they are capable of. Dec O'Connell, Kev Mulcahy and Strachan would get into every team in the MSL - they are no good suspended or sent off though.

All of this just my opinion before I get a crate load of abuse.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redandwhite View Post
    i dont think this forum should be about slating fellas who to be honest are prob far better players than most of the people who write on here...the likes of gaz moorsy steph cotter etc are playing msl premier division with the top teams (past tense in stephs case) so i think people should be careful in what they say..everyone entitled to an opinion fair enough but if ur gona come out and be personal with ur abuse of a player then have the guts to put ur name alongside the post and stand over ur comment..very easy to be critical using an alias......
    having a go at a particular team/club etc i dont have an issue with as thats part of the craic of the forum but as i said if ur gona get personal with a fella then man up about it..
    so id be interested to see if chiefscout or mayfield united will come clean now with who they are or will they retreat
    Couldnt let this one pass........ Red and White from p.115 on AUL thread regarding 2 AUL players not being good enough "Blarney??? No chance...he is a fine player but not at that level...not to be critical but i reckon he would struggle to get 5 leage goals at that level....didnt leesides star man head to avondale a few years ago but never cut the grade....thats not a criticism because hes been a fantastic aul player but just saying its a huge jump.....from macroom he would be better going to a ballincollig team and bangin int he goals at that level first"............................

Pot and Kettle spring to mind........................ Or have you "manned up" already Red and White?????????? ;-p

17. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Dead right red and white, these players dont deserve any type of judgement or abuse, to be fair half of them probably dont bother reading this!! Anyone hear anything about Scoops going to Rockmount, I know Gareth Cambridge did and If Scoops has thats a very strong addition. Also anyone here anything about the Hall signing Beezer to replace Mark Murphy?? Avondale will be the team to beat this year id say, looks like they have been busy since the end of the season.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Hi lads, just joined up but have been taking an interest in this for a while now.
    @Mayfield utd, u said mooresy spends time on the bench this season. ive seen him once on the bench id say, last year he got munster senior league player of the year, this year douglas hall senior player of the year and im sure he got it 3 years ago too. mooresy would still walk into any munster senior league team.
    we played 3 or 4 times this season and i fairly sure he was an unused sub in all the games,i never said his a bad player his been brilliant for douglas hall,i said i think his best years are probably behind him.didn't mark sullivan from avondale get munster senior league player of the year.i'm sorry for slating gaz of douglas hall,i only did it cos chiefscout was having a pop at our club and got under my skin.as for posting who i am i'll do it when we're all doing it.and yes all those player are better than i ever was,i couldn't make it any grade,i couldn't kick a ball straight and i didn't like running.i found out at a young age i was a better supporter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Here Here Booboys!!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by townhall tez View Post
    Dead right red and white, these players dont deserve any type of judgement or abuse, to be fair half of them probably dont bother reading this!! Anyone hear anything about Scoops going to Rockmount, I know Gareth Cambridge did and If Scoops has thats a very strong addition. Also anyone here anything about the Hall signing Beezer to replace Mark Murphy?? Avondale will be the team to beat this year id say, looks like they have bee
    n busy since the end of the season.
    all rockmount lies about scoops.he is staying with marys and I know this as fact from talking to him and his brother.I think he is captain of marys?..

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by townhall tez View Post
    Dead right red and white, these players dont deserve any type of judgement or abuse, to be fair half of them probably dont bother reading this!! Anyone hear anything about Scoops going to Rockmount, I know Gareth Cambridge did and If Scoops has thats a very strong addition. Also anyone here anything about the Hall signing Beezer to replace Mark Murphy?? Avondale will be the team to beat this year id say, looks like they have been busy since the end of the season.
    where's murphy gone??