Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Nathan Collins D Brentford b.2001

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Thanks. Yes McDonald and Rush are legit, both capped for Ireland and nobody else. I'm not sure I would include Sheerin, he never played for us or was called up as far as I know. There are a few more like Darren Sheridan (John's brother), Marc Tierney (his brother Paul player for us) and Richard Stearman who would be in a similar position to Sheerin, certainly eligible and linked to us but never called up or capped, so I think too much of a stretch to classify them as Irish players. I'd say 192 is the best number to use then after Collins' appearance.
    Interview with Sheerin here today: https://www.planetfootball.com/in-de...-ever/#new_tab
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    Gets a rare start today away to Brighton

3. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Did well too by all accounts, another clean sheet for him. It would be great if he starts regularly going forward. Mees/Tarkowski partnership a big barrier all season

5. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Seems like Burnley fans are struggling with the conundrum of accommodating three good centre halves into a 4-4-2. Certainly made an encouraging impression so far…

https://www.uptheclarets.com/message...hp?f=2&t=60220

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MancIrishWolf View Post
    Seems like Burnley fans are struggling with the conundrum of accommodating three good centre halves into a 4-4-2. Certainly made an encouraging impression so far…

https://www.uptheclarets.com/message...hp?f=2&t=60220
    Someone should tell them that Collins played games in defensive midfield for Stoke

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Sent off for a blatant foul in injury time away to Brentford. With Ben Mee out, this couldn't come at a worse time for Collins. I think there may be a chance that Kevin Long makes his league debut in the next match.

9. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    Sent off for a blatant foul in injury time away to Brentford. With Ben Mee out, this couldn't come at a worse time for Collins. I think there may be a chance that Kevin Long makes his league debut in the next match.
    They've no matches until after the international break so Mee could be back by then. Don't think there's been any news about how long he'll be out for.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Lovely goal for Nathan Collins from a corner, at the far post, sidefoots it back across a crowd of players and it hits the back of the net.

He could have scored earlier too but for a block by the Everton defender.

Everton are going down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Everton are going down.
    i was baffled at the time they went with lampard. he has done nothing to suggest he was up to the job. entirely living off his playing reputation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne View Post
    i was baffled at the time they went with lampard. he has done nothing to suggest he was up to the job. entirely living off his playing reputation
    I agree with you but the club is a shambles. He was the “best” of a bad lot which tells its own story. I honestly think they’d be better off if they’d have put Big Dunc in to the end of the season.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Lovely goal for Nathan Collins from a corner, at the far post, sidefoots it back across a crowd of players and it hits the back of the net.

He could have scored earlier too but for a block by the Everton defender.

Everton are going down.
    With a bit of luck they'll go down and Burnley will stay up. Looking at the remaining games you'd favour Burnley to pick up more points than Everton who've got games against United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Leicester twice, and Chelsea.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Thought he had a brilliant first half with the goal and a few clearances to save certain goals and the opposite in the second,gave the ball away a few times with his partner centre half getting him out of jail in one instance with a block.

Fine prospect for us all the same.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    I agree with you but the club is a shambles. He was the “best” of a bad lot which tells its own story. I honestly think they’d be better off if they’d have put Big Dunc in to the end of the season.
    As much as they hate Rafa, he'd have kept them up. I'd have bet my house on it. Playing without Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin, Mina, Allan, Townsend - all with medium term injuries, he had them in 15th, 6 points off the drop zone.

He also had absolutely nothing to work with. Spent a total of half a million buying Townsend, Gray, Begovic, Rondon and Lonergan in the summer. Got rid of James Rodriguez, Bernard and Walcott - all of whom had absurd wages (as of summer 2020, Everton had a higher wage bill than Liverpool). So incredibly mis-managed for years. The fact they've lost £373 million over the last 3 years speaks volumes...

All I'm gonna say is, poor Seamus Coleman...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    Better for Coleman personally (and us), in terms of playing time, if Everton go down?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ifk101 View Post
    Better for Coleman personally (and us), in terms of playing time, if Everton go down?
    not at all imo

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    They'll likely start to blood Patterson in more if they get relegated. Championship is two games a week so he'd Next season could very well be Coleman's last season at Everton and long term for us it's more beneficial if Collins is the one playing in the PL. Burnley are also the one team that gets linked with Knight and have been named as one of the teams watching Cullen. Them staying up benefits us more imo.
    Last edited by JR89; 07/04/2022 at 9:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    eighth Irish player to score in the Premier League this season
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

22. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,095 Posts
    Lovely finish by him. I might be reading into it a bit much because of the importance of the goal at the time given their situation but he received a serious embrace from the entire team. He seems a great character from seeing and hearing him speak, intelligent and grounded.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    With Mclean injured, I guess that means Colemans and Doherty will be the wing backs
    With Duffy and Egan nailed down at CB. it maybe be a shoot out for one spot between O Shea, Collins and Andrew "O"

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    If we end up with Coleman and Doherty at WB I'd prefer to see Collins come in alongside Duffy and Egan. Omobamidele is out with a back injury and O'Shea hasn't played much since coming back from his injury. I like O'Shea but feel Collins is more suited to how Kenny wants his RCB and LCB pushing up into attacking areas.

Don't see Doherty pushing across while Stevens is fit, and think Christie will be called up in June. Four games in two weeks will test Coleman and Stevens has had his issues with injuries. Think Coleman mainly plays RCB with Doherty/Christie at RWB and Stevens/Manning if McClean is out at LWB with Doherty pushing across if needed.

Richardson has said there's a very slight possibility he could return before the end of the season and their season ends five weeks before our first game. Won't be surprised to see him lining out for us come June.

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast