Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Hopefully everyone is fit for Friday Night

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Hopefully everyone is fit for Friday Night

cant see the team being changed unless Dave O'Dowd gets back in in place of Goldbey.I thought Quirky was unlucky not to make the bench but Stephen is the boss and boy did he look Elated/Relieved at the final Whistle.

Kevin Williamson was definitely MOM with Ronan & Nigel not far behind and I think the poll on Captain sould be dispatched to the bin as its very harsh this early into the season Any Thoughts anyone else?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufct
    cant see the team being changed unless Dave O'Dowd gets back in in place of Goldbey.I thought Quirky was unlucky not to make the bench but Stephen is the boss and boy did he look Elated/Relieved at the final Whistle.

Kevin Williamson was definitely MOM with Ronan & Nigel not far behind and I think the poll on Captain sould be dispatched to the bin as its very harsh this early into the season Any Thoughts anyone else?

I would agree with the player ratings there, but I would have said that Nicky Curran was the best player on the pitch besides Kevin. Would definitely start O'Dowd before Goldbey if fit. Also thought russell looked a bit lost on the right wing!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unhappy

Taught Dave Goldbey did well in second half last fri so I would start him. Barry was starved of posession and is a player who works well of a ball played on his feet, so this thumbing the ball long in to him will have to stop. Also, we haven't scored in the first half of a match in the league so far (correct me if wrong) so thats also worrying.
    All in all, the match on fri will go along way in deciding our promotion credentials. Although its early days, its very easy for a few teams to drift away and next thing theres 10 points in the difference, so its vital we win on fri.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Captain Poll

Quote Originally Posted by gufct

I have to disagree the captain's poll shouldn't be dispatched. I disagree with the manager's choice of Keady as captain. I thought he was struggling badly with his form last season and from what I can gather hasn't been much better this season eg. he was at fault for Dub City's first goal. Why do United pick central defenders as captains, Captain Fran followed by Captain Nigel? Alan Gough should be the captain as he is the most experienced player in the team, he has played in the old English Third Division and in the Irish League. His a good pro and would set a good example to the younger players.