Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linfield tickets

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts

Linfield tickets

Going on sale on Friday in Flancare, times will be up on the official website. They won't be sold anywhere else and on the advice of the Gardai there will be no tickets on sale on the night so if you can't get out to Flancare get someone to go out there for you. Once again the game is all ticket and no tickets will be on sale on the night. That will be announced on the radio and papers too, as I said the club are acting on the advice of the Gardai on this one.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Tell that to the fine folks of An Garda Siochana. We also have to spend up on €20,000 on the car park or they won't allow the game to go ahead..potential security risk as there's loose stones..pain in the ass.
    Last edited by Longfordian; 23/03/2005 at 1:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It was the same for the Glentoran game and Tuesday night's Shels/Portadown game - although they did have a special gate for any neutral fans or home fans who wished to buy tickets on the night. It's down to security issues, etc.

The tickets will be on sale every day at Flancare between now at the Cork City game (and possibly a few days after that).
    Last edited by town73; 23/03/2005 at 2:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Is this game going to be on Setanta?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Yes, it will be live on Setanta, 7.15 kick off as usual.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I see that a certain pub is advertising having all games on big screen with post match celebrations ffs shouldnt they be encouraging people to come out to the games!
    Ever get the feelin' you have been cheated?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Name and shame Maz, the club would be interested to know im sure. I've two places in mind at the moment..

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maz
    I see that a certain pub is advertising having all games on big screen with post match celebrations ffs shouldnt they be encouraging people to come out to the games!

name it, i know thT Pv'S is sponsoring the game
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Name and shame..what about all the b4stards who showed the last 2 cup finals and those whores who showed the 1st setanta cup game.Is their no end to them stabbing LTFC in the back.Look lads and lassies.The game is on telly and thats it.It's probably on in half the pubs in the town and although people should be encouraged to go to the game that's up to the club and those involved in marketing the game not the publicans.Don't hold the publicans liable they're looking after their own interests and it just gives the barstoolers a chance to see LTFC in action and who knows it may even persuade them to go to Flancare some night.
    "At the age of twelve, my ambition was to become a gangster. To be a wiseguy was better than being President of the United States. To be a wiseguy was to own the world." - Henry Hill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cop on
    That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of in my life.
    So, I decide at the last minute to go to the match. Drive from Mullingar & can't get in 'cause I can't buy a ticket on the night. Plain stupid.
    Have to agree with you there. What a load of nonsense. You'd think they'd try to do all in their power to entice people to the games. Attendances are low enough as they are. For Fcuks sake..
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Who are we talking about here?, as it's been made perfectly clear it's not the club's decision. The decision has been made by the same fools who want us to pay over €10,000 in additional security as well as doing our car park up at a cost of nearly €20,000. Namely An Garda Síochána and the Football Association of Ireland. There's going to be such a security overkill it'll be ridiculous, they want a fookin helicopter circling the area, you'd swear they were expecting the LA riots or something.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    hey cop on, you do a lot of putting down on this site, listen if your doin nothing at the weekend we have to get the ground ready for the game, come out and lend a hand, put your energy to some use, instead of complaining all the time........
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm free Friday and Saturday Morning?

What's happening out in Flancare? Care to post a new thread on what's going down... times, any tools needed etc.... How can people help this club when there's no information bandied about?
    Reporter: "Gordan, can we have a quick word?"
    Strachan:"Velocity"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Any word on how many tickets are sold? I heard Linfield were given 1,000 for their fans I hope they bring 1,000 fans and hopefully some Longford bar-stoolers will come out for the night and make it a great atmosphere.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlex
    I'm free Friday and Saturday Morning?

What's happening out in Flancare? Care to post a new thread on what's going down... times, any tools needed etc.... How can people help this club when there's no information bandied about?
    It's just a general clean up of the grpunds at the weekend as far as im aware, Saturday morning I think. The car park is being surfaced this week due to Gardai demands. May as well mention that the Supporters Club are looking for a plasterer to do the outside of the bar/side of the stand while I'm at it. So anyone that knows one willing to do them a favour pass it along to the relevant parties!

Feck all tickets sold on our side so far, Longford people don't do advance sales. Presumably some will buy on Thursday night, Linfield expect 850-1000 of their fans.
    Last edited by Longfordian; 29/03/2005 at 10:49 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It's just a general clean up of the grpunds at the weekend as far as im aware, Saturday morning I think. The car park is being surfaced this week due to Gardai demands. May as well mention that the Supporters Club are looking for a plasterer to do the outside of the bar/side of the stand while I'm at it. So anyone that knows one willing to do them a favour pass it along to the relevant parties!
    so bring a brush.... 10 ish?
    Reporter: "Gordan, can we have a quick word?"
    Strachan:"Velocity"

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Between the €10000 on extra security and €20000 to do up the carpark the Setanta Cup could prove very expensive for Longford unless they actually win it and get that €150,000 in prize money. Big strain to put on a part-time club. Does anyone else agree?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Damn right it could. All because we drew Linfield, they won't cause any trouble yet the powers that be are preparing for a riot situation.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Exactly, out of the 1000 linfield fans coming down i'd say there would be a minority of 10 or 20 who wish to cause trouble but thats the same with every club really. When you look at it like this and see €30000 been spent because of 10 or 20 people you really think the money will be better spent elsewhere. Havent been to many home matches lately cause living in Dublin but get to some of the away ones and cant see any longford fans wanting to get involved anyway. Because Flancare is outside the town most linfield fans are just going to be hopping off the bus and straight back on after the match aswell.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The €10,000 in security costs is definitely money down the drain, however the work on the car park should be looked upon as a long term investment in the stadium and work which would require to be done at a later stage anyway. it is just that it would not have been viewed as a priority over other work inside the stadium.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast