Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Positives/negatives

thecorner

Positives/negatives

awesome result.....we beat them at last

forget about fenn,get rid of him ..we have plenty of players that can do his job(be lazy around the pirch and hope to get away with it)

dan....ur still crap

now........
    kearney...how the fok forest let u go i dont....awesome again tonite

gamble... we love u bopping a shels player(even though u missed real contact)

and lastly goes to georgie....

what a dive...he put his head in..make sure the shels b@stard gets sent off...they deserve it anyway

flynny set for a bit of time on the bench..cant ignore behans stake for a claim(2 in 2)

oh its so sweet beating the c*nts

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Trivia Question:
    Q - Who is the only player to get sent off for butting another player into the arm pit?
    A - Joe Gamble (Cork City)

FFS - He was no where near him.

Georgie's dive was class. He went down like a roll of lino.

Our very own Italian - Georgino O'Calliano.

To make matters even funnier, Fenlon lost the plot altogether after the game.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Counting Crow
    To make matters even funnier, Fenlon lost the plot altogether after the game.
    I was sitting near the thug. He nearly pushed the fourth official over. That should have earned him a red card, and will hopefully cost him and his mercenary friends a right few bob.
    Injustice anywhere threatens justice everywhere - Martin Luther King Jnr.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Wouldn't it be funny if they actually ended up making a LOSS out of the Setanta Cup as a result of the fines etc

Ya gotta laugh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Positive. Good Goal. Clean sheet.

negative. Poor pitch. No cover on St. annes end.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thecorner
    forget about fenn,get rid of him ..we have plenty of players that can do his job(be lazy around the pirch and hope to get away with it)
    Thats harsh in fairness. He did ok when he came on and wasnt lazy but the game plan was thrown almost straight away when Gamble was sent off.

Still dont know why he was sent off, I was sitting near it and didnt see anything, didnt see anything on tv. At least George dived for the red card on him! No one did anything for Gambles one! + they reversed the free kick!

Has anyone got any theories on why the goal was disallowed? Thats 2 now for no reason! It couldnt have been offside (just like the Bray game).
    As I say, we're just young & a bit nieve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy.McClure
    Has anyone got any theories on why the goal was disallowed? Thats 2 now for no reason! It couldnt have been offside (just like the Bray game).
    I saw the replay on tv3, no way was it offside, no idea why it was disallowed

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The Corner chappie has a myopic view of the game, and of the players and officials performances. This could be because he can't see much from where he watches the game. Or it could be he simply drags his personal prejudices to and from the game. Fenn is a class player who gives the best of his considerable abilities when he plays, though that doesn't always include chasing lost hoofs across the pitch. Behan scored a great goal tonight but can't keep a pass within two yards of his feet. Richardson was furious with him and would have subbed him earlier but for the glorious strike. The over-rated Flynn will be back when his foot/hip/shin/back/forehead isn't quite so sore anymore.

As for Gamble's red card, I think the fourth officials rash rush onto the pitch actually caused the incident. He actually crashed into the back of Gamble before Joe approached the Shels player! What was he doing on the pitch, manhandling a player who, as yet, had done no wrong?? Intervening in a situation or creating one?

But positives...a fantastic, controlled performance that crushed Shels collective ego. This was no loss to a lesser team that they can easily remedy - it was a defeat to a team they will have to fear in the future. Priceless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    To be honest ..... i'd have to agree about Fenn, the guy is brilliant. If we had a team of players with his skill, we'd be having no problems .... the guy is a legend. Lads, it is that kind of skill that i pay my money for, i really wouldn't be writing home too much about players hoofing it etc. ..... i much prefer players playing with the ball on the deck and entertaining the home crowd. even if the score is going our way, i still prefer it that way. Again ..... Fenn aint the problem, it is the rest of the team. He should not be penalised because he is skillful. The opposite infact.

He aint the fastest but that is not a crime. Where is pace lacks, his skill and passing, awareness and common sense more than makes up for it. He is dead right not to chase after dead balls. What fúcking good will it do ? As for chasing players down etc. .... he is more than putting in the effort there. He nearly bowled Stewie Byrne over the Derrynane tonight (i think it was Byrne, he was taken off soon after, could have sworen it was him) same as last friday night.

The guy is putting in a huge effort this season and it shows. Fair play to him and hope he keeps it up.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Fenn is brilliant. Imagine if Behan had Fenn's first touch.

I thought he did nothing wrong when he came on. Id say he thought he was offside for his chance cause time seemed to stand still.

We should play to Fenn's strengths(to his feet). Hoofing long balls is no good and only consumes energy for our forwards.

Neil Fenn..Neil Fenn...Neil Fenn :- Worst chant in the world

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harry crumb

Neil Fenn..Neil Fenn...Neil Fenn :- Worst chant in the world
    that accolade has to go to the denis behan chant.you just gotta laugh when you hear it.
    Life isn't all beer and football...some of us haven't touched a football in months

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Fenn has class but was very poor on friday & no excuses for not at least having shot on target when through on goal yesterday.

Shel$ game was all about winning so thats the positive. Really didn't matter how we performed but considering the conditions footbal was ok in second half. Also great to win big game that was on tv as seems like its been a while. Defense looking real solid. Gamble and Kearney performing every game.

Negatives - Behans touch, Fenns lack of cutting edge, Weather, Poor crowd by our standards. Not convinced about Billy & little alternatives.

btw Linesman flagged 2nd goal offside, definitely didn't flag for push or anything. Not sure why but was only Bennet & someone else inside & no pushing in reply.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Counting Crow
    Trivia Question:
    Q - Who is the only player to get sent off for butting another player into the arm pit?
    A - Joe Gamble (Cork City)
    lol. Very good.

As for Fenn. When he was through on goal with two minutes left, the chance to ensure a priceless win for the club....he blew it. Lost possession too easily and cannot run at all.
    We all know the talent he has but it's been awhile since we've seen it...I'm thinking Intertoto Cup tbh...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Have to say, fair play to you last night. definately the better team won. Delighted to see Nutsy's world falling down around him. How Harris was not sent off for the assault on Gamble is beyond me, and obviously to have the free kick overturned and then Gamble shown the red card was a disgrace. Together with the second goal being disallowed only goes to show how far Oily Byrnes biscuit tin can stretch.

Can't really leave without mentioning Sylvester Stallo,.... ooops Georgie O'Callaghan. Great posture, commended the stage and fooled the ref. Although Cawley did 'stick the head in' George may have overreacted slightly. On any case, it was worth it just to see that poisonous little c@nt losing it. Cork for the Setanta!!

Btw, Bohs will beat you!
    I got no lips I got no bones where there
    were eyes there's only space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesThompson
    Although Cawley did 'stick the head in' George may have overreacted slightly.
    only ever so slightly
    Life isn't all beer and football...some of us haven't touched a football in months

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Has anyone got any theories on why the goal was disallowed? Thats 2 now for no reason! It couldnt have been offside (just like the Bray game).[/QUOTE]

I was in line with Fenn and the lines man for the Bray game, Fenn was just offside, shame cos he was in a good position .. Although I agree, I cant understand why the 2nd v's Shels was ruled out??

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by niamh
    lol. Very good.

As for Fenn. When he was through on goal with two minutes left, the chance to ensure a priceless win for the club....he blew it. Lost possession too easily and cannot run at all.
    We all know the talent he has but it's been awhile since we've seen it...I'm thinking Intertoto Cup tbh...
    I think you're being a bit harsh there Niamh. Behan missed a few chances before his wonder goal and his first touch isn't the best [not to mention his vision]........Fenn on the other hand has a great first touch, is a sublime passer and has great vision but admittedly he is a tad slow. I think Fenn is a perfect foil for Doyler or JOF up front: guile and pace... what a combination. Behan also proved last night that he is worthy of inclusion in the team.[Doyler also missed a great chance to "ensure a priceless victory when clean through" but I don't see any complaints]. We're lucky to have so many great players in our squad and there's room for them all I say.

Can we simply call a truce on slagging off our own players: this is a team game and not one of our players is without fault but as a team they're absolutley brilliant. Behan, Doyler, Fenn, JOF, Dan Murray etc will all win us games with individual contributions this year and they'll all make mistakes but it's the team/Squad that will win us the League and Setanta Cup. We need them all so let's get beind them all!! C'mon City.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy.McClure
    i reckon olly byrne had the linesman's arm on a string and he pulled it when the goal went in i reckon...
    Whatever it was I am sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Dan Murray got a lot of stick over his stinker against Bray, and rightly so, but I thought he played very well last night, and played a captains part too. Criticism when he plays badly, but he should get some praise when he plays well.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesThompson
    Btw, Bohs will beat you!
    Not in the Setanta they won't
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast