Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Fixtures 18th-22nd

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Gerard Doherty isn't deliberately time-wasting, believe it or not. He's always takes an eternity with his kick outs. We could be a goal down with two minutes left and he'll still takes ages to get the ball back into player. He can be an infuriating man at times!
    I'll take you at your word that it is not deliberate.

Nevertheless a man with such high standards of fairness and integrity as Kenny Shiels will surely have to get him to change his ways.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    oh and it was never a peno. I was walking right behind the goal when it happened. Shocking decision TBH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    I was sitting with a lot of Bohs fans and they were irate every time Dundalk were awarded a free. However, I don't recall thinking any of them weren't frees, just young lads trying to compete with stronger players by going in too hard or stretching too much to make a tackle.

Bohs had their chances though and if they showed a bit more composure could have got something from the game. Dundalk did not press home their advantage enough and it was a tight affair right up until Hoare scored.
    To be fair there were a couple of free kicks that were 'strange' especially one where a Dundalk player fell over with nobody near him and was given a free kick. Bohs did miss a couple of decent chances but so did Dundalk and I don't think anyone thought that Dundalk were not worth the win. they did use their physicality, especially in the first half, to bully some of the Bohs lads off the ball but it was all pretty much fair.
    Decent game with both sides trying to play ball, must say Dundalk were the best side I have seen at Dalymount this season by a long stretch .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    I always to to the Jodi when going to Dalymount. Usually don't wear colours though, just in case. The Des Kelly is such an awful place to watch a match from, and that means far more to me than being in with the hard core support. There is always a good group of Pats there too, many with colours. I've never enough any trouble. Really the only match in this league which I'd say warrants such over the top security is Rovers/Bohs.
    Usually not an issue at most games and would be very common to see 'away' fans in the Jodi wearing colours without the slightest hassle. shams game aside, I think this is more of a Garda thing than anyone else, maybe safety first or maybe justifying the overtime .

There certainly was Dundalk fans in the Jodi on Friday night without the slightest problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Dundalk should have been at least three up at half time. They had all the possession and Waterford look like they were in pre-season mode.

Dundalk didn't press home their advantage, and Waterford came out like a different team in the second half. Hery controlled midfield and Dundalk had to rely on sporadic counter attacks.

Waterford can consider themselves unlucky not to have equalised and Dundalk killed the game in injury time.

Waterford also looked to have a good claim for a penalty. It looked as nailed on as the one Duffy didn't get at the RSC.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Good win in Limerick, we've struggled there recently. Good performance, 2 really lovely goals. Another clean sheet.

The ref was appalling though. 2 of the most blatant penalties I've ever seen not given for us. Didn't matter in the end but it was bizarre. At one point a Limerick player was pulling Sadlier back by the Jersey. No free, went out for a throw. While the ball was out of play there'd clearly signalled to the Limerick player to stop pulling the Jersey!

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    The ref was appalling though. 2 of the most blatant penalties I've ever seen not given for us. Didn't matter in the end but it was bizarre.
    First one (cut back, player went down, then after the penalty claim Clarke had to touch a shot round the post - that one?) looked like a penalty. Second one was Sheppard? The Limerick player nicked the ball away just before Sheppard made contact with it- Sheppard went down alright, but nobody really claimed for it.

First half was fairly low key stuff, you never got into top gear at all, you looked confident that a goal would come and that would be that. Once you took the lead it was all over, we couldn't find any way to threaten you at all and I don't think McNulty had even one save to make all game. The second goal was coming for a while before it arrived, was a lovely finish.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Two clear penalties in the first half. First one was a shove in the back, right in front of us, second one a handball. Second half one looked blatant from the far end but harder to tell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poster View Post
    Wasn't a dirty game but Dan Carr should have been sent off at the end for a terrible challenge on John Mahon. Tomney bottled it and booked three players after the subsequent melee instead. Carr was already booked too.
    I have to imagine he didn’t see Carrs attempt to tackle and only saw the handbags afterwards. Or he’s just an imbicile. Maybe it’s a bit of both.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Two clear penalties in the first half. First one was a shove in the back, right in front of us, second one a handball. Second half one looked blatant from the far end but harder to tell.
    Was the first one flagged for offside...definite push in the back but the flag was already up

2 games in 4 days for a squad like Limericks is just cruel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harpin View Post
    Was the first one flagged for offside...definite push in the back but the flag was already up

Flag didn't look to be up til after the ball back in. He definitely want offside anyway, defender was on top of him. Clear push alright.

I agree the Shep one wasn't a penalty. There was also a blatant handball in the first half.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harpin View Post

Push in the back, nothing given, play goes on, cross comes in and then offside is given.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Flag was up before the push.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    There wasn't anywhere near 978 or whatever was given at that game either.

Around 700.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    One of those games last night in oriel Park, Dundalk totally dominated the first half, 13 corners I read in the report, mind you made little impact with any! but a brilliant goal by Benson at least gave us a first half deserved lead.

Waterford were the better side for large periods in the second and should really have taken their chances to get a draw, but like Dundalk in the first and just after HT with Hoban missing a one on one they didn’t and got caught out when their right full **(I think) lost the ball on the half way line to Duffy of all people, who raced clear and put it on a plate for Tagbajumi for his first league goal, quite a flattering result, but a very valuable 3 points. That’s 4 wins in a row now after the defeat in the RSC, while Waterford failed to win in any since I think.

** just watched soccer rep highlights on Twitter, it was Kenny Browne, plus he stopped too immediately after losing the ball. He was in the right full position.
    Last edited by oriel; 22/05/2018 at 1:34 PM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Sometimes we need to just grind out an ugly win/draw.
    We did just that!

Derry were fairly dominant, with Bray restricted to a handful of chances. Could argue that a better side would have scored against us though, we were still a bit open in the middle.
    It was far from pretty now, possibily the least entertaining game we've had this season. Surprised at how poor Bray were compared with just a few weeks ago in the Carlisle Grounds. There was little of their pressing and accurate passing.
    Have you ever won the treble?

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    This is not Waterford Whispers, but one of the managers talking in advance of tonights Dublin Derby

I’d imagine with the run they’re on they’ll look to try and play and win the game so we’ll be ready for that.
    Wot? the opposition are going to try to win the game!

Sneaky devils

“Dublin derbies are huge for St Pat's players, be it in Tallaght, Dalymount Park, Tolka Park
    If only Dublin derbies were of interest to Rovers players........

http://www.echo.ie/news/article/sham...allaght-stadiu

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    This is not Waterford Whispers, but one of the managers talking in advance of tonights Dublin Derby

Wot? the opposition are going to try to win the game!

Sneaky devils

If only Dublin derbies were of interest to Rovers players........

http://www.echo.ie/news/article/sham...allaght-stadiu
    I'm going to have to change the rules of my drinking game for everytime you post on Bradser\Rovers . its not as much fun as it used to be and its starting to be a problem
    If you ever go a few days without mentioning him the cold turkey will kill me.

It was Conan Byrne who said Dublin derbies were huge for Pats but never let the truth spoil a good story
    Last edited by sbgawa; 22/05/2018 at 4:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I'm going to have to change the rules of my drinking game for everytime you post on Bradser\Rovers . its not as much fun as it used to be and its starting to be a problem
    If you ever go a few days without mentioning him the cold turkey will kill me.
    If you want to cut back, just drink every time Rovers win!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    There's cutting back and there's cutting back

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast