Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1348

Thread: 2018 Transfers

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Heard from a Hoop that he is one of a big clear out of players in Tallaght.The soft loan/Roadstone investor has also called in repayment of that money earlier than planned so presumably cutting the wage bill.Shels could pick up s few of those players?
    There's some amount of ****e posted on here but my god that's up there with the worst of it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    So Luke Byrne and others haven't been released?.
    The loan hasnt been repaid?
    Lol.....lol ...lol players are released and new ones signed every year, and the loan isn't due for payment for 7 or 8 years.
    The thoughts of a strong ucd Derry and pats plus Sligo improving must have you worried if your posting this nonsense.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Gary Shaw gone too

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Gary Shaw gone too
    Sam Bone too?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Surely Rovers will have Sean Kavanagh and Trevor Clarke battle it out for LB nxt season so no point hanging onto Luke Byrne really regardless of injuries

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    We have yet to hear about the annual approach for Dane Massey among many others of the Dundalk squad that are going to be made the top paid players in the league. I dont get the defensiveness of the possible repayment of the laon though, if it was possbible to repay early, ending a chunk of debt and assuring full supporter pwnership remains well why the scoffing? Even if it did mean cutting some deadwood from the squad to help that happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Who is being defensive? It's a ten year interest free loan to allow the club continue to invest in the academy, why would the club pay it back early. I expect the usual 4 or so out mostly the guys who haven't played much. Probably sign for other Dublin clubs as usual. We need a striker id gladly drop 4 or 5 players and put it all into a top striker.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    We have yet to hear about the annual approach for Dane Massey among many others of the Dundalk squad that are going to be made the top paid players in the league. I dont get the defensiveness of the possible repayment of the laon though, if it was possbible to repay early, ending a chunk of debt and assuring full supporter pwnership remains well why the scoffing? Even if it did mean cutting some deadwood from the squad to help that happen.
    Point is the loan legally can't be called in early, it was specifically set up that way and that's why it was accepted. It's not being defensive to point out obvious bull**** when you see it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    A few weeks ago we were trying to make Duffy the highest paid player in the league, now we're reducing our budget. Make up your mind lads.
    Every Rovers fan knew Byrne Shaw and McAlister wouldn't be given new contracts Miele probably wont be either. Why would the club keep players that aren't wanted/needed?

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    Miele probably wont be either.
    A smashing talented player who rarely reached his potential since signing his last contract.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Had a few injuries and niggles stopped him getting a run of games. Lots of talent , frustrating guy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    A few weeks ago we were trying to make Duffy the highest paid player in the league, now we're reducing our budget. Make up your mind lads.
    Every Rovers fan knew Byrne Shaw and McAlister wouldn't be given new contracts Miele probably wont be either. Why would the club keep players that aren't wanted/needed?
    I didnt give the Duffy talk any airtime at the time and I mentioned about cutting deadwood from the squad not cutting the player budget. Laughing at a post and calling things bs is defensive in nature even if it is bs and deserves such scorn. If the means exists to pay back the loan early without affecting development at Roadstone and that isnt possible thats a little concerning. What if the year the loan matures happens to be a particularly poor one yet there was ample opppertunity to eliminate that debt during the ten years previous? I wil accept that the chances of that perfect storm happening are slim but it still has an element that the investor is in a win win and that his preffered outcome would be to have half ownership of the club than the loan repayed. That would be a common sense thing where with limited risk on a loan there is the chance of picking up 50% equity in the club and by extension 50% of any monies that the original loan generates via youth player sales in due course.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 28/10/2018 at 1:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    I have always thought it remarkable how Rovers manage to keep every Hoops fan fully informed.

Do you think that Miele will be upset about the doubts around a new contract considered that he still has another year to run on his current one?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    why would the club pay it back early.
    It makes sense to clear your debts if you have the money available.
    I assumed that with the cash from the Burke and Bazunu sales you'd be paying back a portion of the loan. Is that not happening at all?

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Miele looked brilliant when he first signed for Rovers, like he'd be the next of an increasingly long line of players that find their feet after coming back and quickly play themselves into moving away again. Seems strange that he trailed off quite quickly from there.

Wouldn't if mind if we took a chance on him all the same, can't be any worse than Dean Clarke who I'd like to think at the very least won't be starting for us next season even if he gets another deal. Outside of Markey we don't really have a natural 10 either so there's the possibility he could play his way in there too. I'd rather him over McCabe anyway, who a few Pats fans are debating on whether would be worth taking a punt on or not.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    I have always thought it remarkable how Rovers manage to keep every Hoops fan fully informed.

Do you think that Miele will be upset about the doubts around a new contract considered that he still has another year to run on his current one?

Sorry, you are right. He has another year. Your obsession with Rovers is paying off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Sorry, you are right. He has another year. Your obsession with Rovers is paying off.

No need to apologise.

But you are right that Bradley is trying to off-load Miele. He also punted him around in the July window.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Talk of more facilities being built in roadstone, I'd rather the club keep investing there, the long term good is always for the best.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    I didnt give the Duffy talk any airtime at the time and I mentioned about cutting deadwood from the squad not cutting the player budget. Laughing at a post and calling things bs is defensive in nature even if it is bs and deserves such scorn. If the means exists to pay back the loan early without affecting development at Roadstone and that isnt possible thats a little concerning. What if the year the loan matures happens to be a particularly poor one yet there was ample opppertunity to eliminate that debt during the ten years previous? I wil accept that the chances of that perfect storm happening are slim but it still has an element that the investor is in a win win and that his preffered outcome would be to have half ownership of the club than the loan repayed. That would be a common sense thing where with limited risk on a loan there is the chance of picking up 50% equity in the club and by extension 50% of any monies that the original loan generates via youth player sales in due course.
    So laughing as something you know is wrong and pointing out just how wrong it is is defensive? As opposed to what? Letting everyone think its true? The loan isn't being paid off in one big chuck it is/will be a gradual process then if in the last year a perfect storm happens and we can't pay the last chuck a millionaire life long fan owns a minority share of the club, hardly a catastrophic thing to happen, not completely ideal but not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Tends to happen when your fan owned and just had the annual meeting a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Talk of more facilities being built in roadstone, I'd rather the club keep investing there, the long term good is always for the best.
    There's plans drawn up for extensions to the building for permanent changing rooms, physio, etc, just a case of getting funding and sorting leases I'd guess

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Tends to happen when your fan owned and just had the annual meeting a few months ago.
    So they discuss players who are being let go or who they'd like to get rid of at the AGM?