Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: 2018 season

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Fair enough, but sounds more like other players' faults then?
    Possibly. We set up in quite an attacking way but the players supporting him from the midfield have never really been regular goalscorers though so there's too much reliance on Mulhall to both be a target man and score goals. McGlade and Verdon are chipping in with a few but you wouldn't say there's anyone including Mulhall that you would be confident will get 15-20 goals for us this season. I do like the look of Dean Byrne, hopefully he'll get more game time as the season goes on.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Scoring tap ins against Wexford and athlone is nothing to get excited about. He’s not fit to run about everyone can see it. Ok his hold up is decent at times but the other night every time he got it he gave it away, if he’s not even doing that much right he has no right to be playing 90 minutes while a player like Byrne who’s full of energy and even Jackson’s Ryan are sitting on the bench.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Huge game tomorrow night. Hope the result against athlone hasn’t put too many off, wasn’t at it but told we were woeful and tbh I feared that result all week. We just haven’t been at it lately Between missed chances and stupid goals going in. One or two starting to put a bit of pressure on the manager, for me I think the blue print is right but some of the players aren’t delivering, just like last season a lot of the new signings aren’t. Dean Byrne has to lead the line tomorrow and we need a big game from Verdon who will play behind him. Don’t know how he got player of the month he has been crap lately. Galway are absolutely bang average, lose this and we can forget about anything this season.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Back at it tonight by all accounts. Great win. Without having seen the challenge, Meenan has been a pretty big disappointment so far and is lucky the rest of the lads held on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Back at it tonight by all accounts. Great win. Without having seen the challenge, Meenan has been a pretty big disappointment so far and is lucky the rest of the lads held on.
    Fenn very annoyed with Meenan and has said he will speak to him about the incident. He’s a red card waiting to happen every single week and hasn’t delivered anything of note since signing. Great performance, would’ve buried an absolutely dog sh1t Galway side only for the red and some absolutely scandalous refereeing. Win on Monday and we are in the top 4!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    What’s happened to Shane O’Connor is he injured? Adam O’Connor too?

We could do with getting a couple of bodies in when the window opens, finances permitting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    SOC is gone in a long time afaik. AOC is just injured. I’d give my left arm to sign Shane Tracy from Limerick along with one or two others.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Cheers. Yeah I’d noticed he hadn’t been involved for a while I just never got around to asking anyone what the story was.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    I think he is still with us... He was in the crowd away against UCD in the LSC.
    Sporting F*ck All!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T.F.C. View Post
    I think he is still with us... He was in the crowd away against UCD in the LSC.
    Strange one he’s never listed as injured on anything and Fenn never referenced him when talking about injuries etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Strange one he’s never listed as injured on anything and Fenn never referenced him when talking about injuries etc
    Look, we all know who the brains of the operation is!
    Sporting F*ck All!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Two massive wins over the last couple of days. We really needed to get a win against a playoff/promotion rival as we hadn't got one yet so great to get that monkey off our backs. Having only got to the first two games of the season and following from afar, I really feel we're as good as any team in the division, with overall results not matching our performances in the first couple of months. The next two games before the break are crucial to keep the momentum going. Cabo have beaten the 3 teams above us this season so they'll be no pushovers. Losing there would undo the good work over the last couple of days. Interesting that our two biggest wins of the season have come with Mulhall out of the team. Maybe there is something to the criticism he's received for his performance to date. Dean Byrne looked very exciting the couple of glimpses I got of him early in the season, hopefully he can start to add a few more goals to his game too.

Fair to say Fenn has had a massive impact on the club as a whole in his first year or so in charge. He immediately lifted the place last year when he arrived and it looks as if we're going in the right way ever since. Fingers crossed we can push on and give the title a right good crack because I definitely feel we're good enough to do it. Consistency will be the key.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Byrne worries back 4’s and links up brilliantly with those around him, yesterday’s 2 assists show that. He’s so quick with his feet but even quicker with his brain. If I see Mulhall starting over him again before the break I’ll flip.

Have to say kudos to Neale Fenn, I thought McGlade was a terrible signing but he’s been a totally different player the past few weeks.

Spoke to Fenn for the Pod today, it’ll be uploaded tomorrow, he’s well prepared for the transfer marker by the sounds of it. Can’t wait to see who he brings in. A number 9 sounds like a priority

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    I’m hesitant to type this, those that know me know I’m a positive person and I’ve been a big fan of what Neale has done but what the actual f.. has happened in the last month or so?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Crazy spell in the 2nd half when everything went right for Shels. Up to the 68th minute, we deserved to be in front with the chances we had. Hard to believe the final score. Reminded me a bit of Carmarthen away.

Fenn hasn't been able to bring in the required quality in the transfer window and, along with the injuries, the squad is very light.

Tonight should have been a battle but we rolled over too easily. Too many snowflakes in the team. Also, it hardly inspiring to see Fenn turn up dressed more like a hairdresser than a football manager

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hollocaine View Post
    Crazy spell in the 2nd half when everything went right for Shels. Up to the 68th minute, we deserved to be in front with the chances we had. Hard to believe the final score. Reminded me a bit of Carmarthen away.

Fenn hasn't been able to bring in the required quality in the transfer window and, along with the injuries, the squad is very light.

Tonight should have been a battle but we rolled over too easily. Too many snowflakes in the team. Also, it hardly inspiring to see Fenn turn up dressed more like a hairdresser than a football manager
    well summed up. we were poor v Wexford.. it will be a disappointing season if we finish in the exact same position as end of last season. I am wondering will the sponsors panic like they did with Alan Mathews mid last season? I think it will be harsh but stranger things have happened. Neale is popular with everyone but popularity doesnt win you points.. we have seriously gone backwards since the win at UCD.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    You could tell from Neale’s recent interviews he’s been frustrated with the transfer window. We’ve the bones of a good squad but a few that simply aren’t good enough and that’s cost us. I’d have no desire to change the manager regardless of this season but if we aren’t achieving a lot more next season I’d be the first to call for change.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    He’s been a bit unfortunate with injuries to the likes of Hopkins and Dean Byrne but too many of his signings haven’t worked out at all. Shane O’Connor, Adam O’Connor, Darren Meenan (especially), Alan Kehoe, Chris Mulhall to a lesser extent. Maybe that’s why we could get them in the first place, but his younger, “lower profile” signings have been his better ones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    So called big or experienced signings let him down as Longfordian said but then again when he met up with Mulhall and Shane O’Connor did he not think at any stage Jesus these lads don’t look too fit. Both were carrying weight all season when they played. As for Meenan, there’s a reason he had to try and
    Go abroad, no team in ireland wanted him. He’s a header.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    there was a walsh playing for Bray last weekend that wasnt Craig by any chance?pity that signing didnt work out.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast