Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Denmark V Republic of Ireland - Sat, 11 November 2017 World Cup 2018 Play Off 1st Leg

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gather round View Post
    The IFA's system is neither open nor transparent. Put simply, they don't know which individuals have attended particular games. This is because tickets for away matches are largely distributed to 'lead block bookers' (effectively, mini supporters' clubs) with only the lead individual names and addresses recorded. So because of this lack of data, distribution is arbitrary if not subjective.

I'd say both set-ups would benefit from registering supporters individually. The IFA don't through a mix of laziness, administrative incompetence and I'll admit some cunning (in that they know there are many supporters clubs who are content at present).
    They do, they have an access database with the names and addresses and games attended. I'm pretty sure they don't, or didn't, have a campaign column in there though so not sure how they recorded it for the criteria they put down in emails unless of course they have the arbitrary task of saving each campaign into different access files...:/

@DannyInvincible how did you get home end tickets, does your brother live there? I thought you had to register an address over there. THe irish pubs should have registered a few hundred lads at the pub address
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    I go because I enjoy it. I pick and choose my trips depending on what appeals to me most. I guess you could say it's to support the team, but really it's for purely selfish reasons in my case, not a sense of duty.
    Noted. Deffo felt that too.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Yeah, I'm just going for the Danish prawn sandwiches.
    Michelin prawn sandwiches, makes sense.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Sounds like George Orwell and a book that is not about a Van Halen album. "You must send name, birth date and address for you and guests for the match." Next they will want a DNA sample and to implant a chip into your foreheads lads. Another reason to stay home and order Wings.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Sounds like bull****.
    Not really. IT doesn't.

If you need some help with Danish written letter let me know DI
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    @DannyInvincible how did you get home end tickets, does your brother live there? I thought you had to register an address over there. THe irish pubs should have registered a few hundred lads at the pub address
    Nah, we got two on Viagogo, which we assume would originally have been purchased by a Dane with a Danish name, number, address and matching card details, so I'm not really concerned that ours will be blocked or anything.

A brother of a friend is studying for a masters in Copenhagen, so can always call on him for assistance if necessary. Cheers for the offer of help though.

Just saw another poster on YBIG say that a friend of his who works in Copenhagen also received the cancellation warning email. I'm guessing they would have submitted a Danish address with Danish card details if they live there, so maybe the DBU are judging by names given?

Noted. Deffo felt that too.
    Haha, is that DeL in the dreaded bad books now?

7. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Nah, we got two on Viagogo, which we assume would originally have been purchased by a Dane with a Danish name, number, address and matching card details, so I'm not really concerned that ours will be blocked or anything.

A brother of a friend is studying for a masters in Copenhagen, so can always call on him for assistance if necessary. Cheers for the offer of help though.

Just saw another poster on YBIG say that a friend of his who works in Copenhagen also received the cancellation warning email. I'm guessing they would have submitted a Danish address with Danish card details if they live there, so maybe the DBU are judging by names given?
    I got 2 tickets for some cute hoor Kerry cousins. I set up an outlook email account with an obviously Danish sounding email address. I used the wife's credit card.
    So far so good. If they want her telephone nr in order to speak to her, she just has to reply using her reasonable standard Danish, while throwing up (to get that authentic effect).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    170 Posts
    [the IFA] have an access database with the names and addresses and games attended. I'm pretty sure they don't, or didn't, have a campaign column in there though so not sure how they recorded it for the criteria they put down in emails unless of course they have the arbitrary task of saving each campaign into different access files...:/
    The specific problem which illlustrates the wider incompetence I mentioned is that the database is largely nominal. They collect, register and analyse the data only sporadically. As demonstrated by numerous anecdotal examples both recently and before the Euros last year.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Not really. IT doesn't.

If you need some help with Danish written letter let me know DI
    Ya, as I said, called out CD his BS detector needs a bit of tuning. Know of 2 this has happened to, advised give an address in there of someone they know and write a letter. THey have been checking with the FAI for supporters names, but I've heard that the FAI just replied with a "no" on names enquired about . Supposedly one got a reply in Danish and they were suspecting of the name too. I imagine with a small stadium of 28k they could actually do a bit more on checking ids on the way in, but its doubtful, they are probably doing it at this stage, proactively as a deterrent, but you never know with those efficient Scandanavians.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Couple of goals conceded by schmeichel today,he’s a bit meh,might have a mistake in him over the two legs.does quite well in the header from a corner situation,which would be one of our main weapons

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    http://www.marca.com/futbol/sevilla/...9118b463b.html looks like kjaer could be a doubt for the danes. Big news if true.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Ya, as I said, called out CD his BS detector needs a bit of tuning. Know of 2 this has happened to, advised give an address in there of someone they know and write a letter. THey have been checking with the FAI for supporters names, but I've heard that the FAI just replied with a "no" on names enquired about . Supposedly one got a reply in Danish and they were suspecting of the name too. I imagine with a small stadium of 28k they could actually do a bit more on checking ids on the way in, but its doubtful, they are probably doing it at this stage, proactively as a deterrent, but you never know with those efficient Scandanavians.
    Access to the home section surely won't be dependent on producing ID. There are bound to be thousands of Danes who won't have bothered bringing ID as there was no general stipulation, as far as I know, unless it's compulsory by law in Denmark to carry ID or something...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
    http://www.marca.com/futbol/sevilla/...9118b463b.html looks like kjaer could be a doubt for the danes. Big news if true.
    The lucky general working his magic yet again, now for Eriksen tomorrow morning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,353 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizzer View Post
    Couple of goals conceded by schmeichel today,he’s a bit meh,might have a mistake in him over the two legs.does quite well in the header from a corner situation,which would be one of our main weapons
    Yet, he managed to almost single handed guarantee a point for Leicester with a couple of wonderful late saves.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    I wonder what would happen to anyone whose name was Delaney? Hmmmmmmmmmmm...
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Lovely article in The Grauniad.

Nothing new or earth-shattering. But a nice Sunday read.

Hon Oirlint!

https://www.theguardian.com/football...d-cup-playoffs

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Small imagination syndrome? Parken's capacity is 38,000.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Small imagination syndrome? Parken's capacity is 38,000.
    But only room for 28000 real fans geysir.

21. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    Lovely article in The Grauniad.

Nothing new or earth-shattering. But a nice Sunday read.

Hon Oirlint!

https://www.theguardian.com/football...d-cup-playoffs
    It is a poignant article.

One incident though is part of a (harmless) myth.
    "They (NI) qualified ahead of Italy and Portugal, Blanchflower and Jimmy McIlroy producing the “Doherty penalty” against the Portuguese. The referee was so baffled he disallowed it."

I'd say the ref spotted the obvious incursion into the penalty area by one of them, therefore he disallowed the goal.

23. Thanks From:

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast