Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LOI fixtures 28th/29th April

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    @loihistory summed it up best for me, **** it I'm watching rugby from now on. Not a clue what to do once we went ahead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    What is wrong with refs in this league?
    Well they're anti-Bohs for starters.

3. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Important win for Galway; defended really well and had some luck, which we didn't get during the home defeats v Drogheda and Shamrocks. Dundalk still a very good team, but I think we have 2 players at Terryland that would get a game with them in Grace and Murray. Why too early for Cork to consider the title is their's.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Fully deserved. Not our best performance and we lacked penetration to take advantage of Rovers nervousness. The Rovers keeper is one of the worst I've ever seen in the LOI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    Good result for Limerick despite an obvious poor performance,excellent performance from yourself.
    Thanks. Delighted with how I managed, despite the 3 Network letting me down in the second-half!

Luckily we missed nothing in that five minute timespan.

Limerick were indeed poor and fortunate, particularly as the necessary introduction of O'Flynn came so late.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Interesting relegation battle now with 11 teams within 11 points of the relegation zone. Pressure on those 11 managers you have to think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanOB View Post
    Thanks. Delighted with how I managed, despite the 3 Network letting me down in the second-half!

Luckily we missed nothing in that five minute timespan.

Limerick were indeed poor and fortunate, particularly as the necessary introduction of O'Flynn came so late.
    Jesus your commentary is an absolute lifeline to Limerick fans. Fair play to you. The lack of a co commentator didn't hinder you either. My only criticism is you should have gone ballistic for Tosi's goal. GOOOOAAAAAAALLLL TOSI would have been perfect 😀

9. Thanks From:

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    I wouldn't say we were dreadful tonight. Dominated most of the game. Our only really lacking was in the final third.

We started the game shakey. Went a goal behind and started to get to grips with the game. Completely took over in the second half with Clarke causing Madden lots of problems. Probably the worst I've seen Madden play. We were killing oursleves with poor crossing and no real penetration but I certainly wouldn't say poor. Considering the fact the team had travelled to play Derry on Tuesday it was a great point on the road. Absolutely deserved at minimum the draw and it would have felt like robbery to have left Tallaght with nothing.

You can see why both teams are only doing ok this season. We lack any penetration and I thought Rovers were pretty awful. A few nice players but seriously faded second half.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    Important win for Galway; defended really well and had some luck, which we didn't get during the home defeats v Drogheda and Shamrocks. Dundalk still a very good team, but I think we have 2 players at Terryland that would get a game with them in Grace and Murray. Why too early for Cork to consider the title is their's.

Its not really, not that I think Cork wont drop points its that Dundalk will continue to drop points. We havent been playing that badly but are not at the high intensity quick passing and movement we've got used to. Since the home game v AZ last November we have looked sluggish and have carried that in to this season.

Sometimes you need a bit of luck along the way which we have had occasionally but are not getting at all now. By luck i'm really thinking of the arbitrary nature of the match officials decisions that are obviously biased against us and plugging for Cork. Alan Kelly must be returning as an ref assessor and there is a scramble to be in his good books so the 12 point gap is an anti-Dundalk conspiracy by Cork media and influential former ref from Cork. Who is Maguire's agent? 20+ goals will add a wedge for his agent even if 15 goals are from penalties...conspiracy all the way with the way we're been ridden rock solid by officials and any team playing Cork too!!!

12. Thanks From:

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    A better Rovers team would have killed us off easily on the counter, but that Rovers team had no idea of how to play when leading. We came back into it and finally got our goal, but so much of it was down to Rovers making pretty much every wrong decision thing they could have made.

We were really ponderous and lacked penetration at all. We seem to be allergic to getting quick crosses into the box. That's when Tosi can actually do something.

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    To be fair, watching updates of dundalk games, they always seem to have a penalty claim denied.

Look, I'd rather be 12 points ahead than behind at this stage, but it's far from over. I remember we were 12 points behind shels in 2011 with a few weeks left and we turned it around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post

Look, I'd rather be 12 points ahead than behind at this stage,.
    Go 'way! Really?

Dont ye know this season is the weakest the league has ever been...No way that anyone will take 12 points off you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Feel simultaneously relieved to get a point and pretty miffed we didn't take all three.

We absolutely dominated Pats in the first half before giving up a typically soft goal against the run of the play. But the team played some lovely stuff throughout the half and could have been 3 or 4-1 up at half-time if it wasn't for O'Malley, who made three or four superb saves (made some iffy kicks and looked nervous, but his shot stopping was exceptional).

He couldn't stop Ronan Curtis' goal though, it was a beauty.

Second half was a different story. Buckley shored things up and stopped our midfield running through at will. We still were having slightly the better of things when Conan Byrne scored yet another lovely goal - a looping dink over a stranded Doherty, aided by some stand-offish defending.

We looked beat but McEniff's goal was a fantastic finish out of almost nothing.

If we continue to play as well as that, we'll be fine but the players' frustation is pretty obvious. It feels like every mistake we make is being punished while very little is going in at the other end. But the quality tonight was encouraging.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Frustrating to concede the late goal but most of us probably sensed it coming for most of the second half. The perils of having an inexperienced manager at the helm as we seem to continually play well and go in front and then sit back deeper and deeper until the inevitable equaliser comes.

Thought we edged the first half when Limerick were brutal and just wanted to defend. Second half, the first 20 minutes neither side did anything but Limerick took control and deserved their equaliser. If Shaw hadn't missed that sitter at 1-0 I think we'd have won handily enough but the brittleness shined through again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Even with a young manager the experienced players like Finn and as captain should be driving the team on to push out. Id say Bradley would be roaring at the players not to drop so deep but lack of confidence or experience in a young team feels the pressure and not only drop but hoof possession away only to be pinned back straight away again. Keeping concentration and shape is damn tiring so conceding late happens more often. Bit like European game where teams are so concious of not making the almost assured annual gaffe means a soft goal is inevitable.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Bradley was roaring at the players the whole second half. Stupid things they'd clear a corner 10 yards outside the box but no urgency to get out. I'd have been critical of Finn a lot since he came in but he was remonstrating with players all game and it just wasn't being followed.

On the Bradley point, he took our two wingers off in the space of about 10 minutes in the second half and replaced them with central midfielders. You know, if you want to get up the pitch, the obvious thing you need to do is put the ball into the spaces where the other team don't have players. You don't do it by flooding the middle, especially against a team whose best players are the widemen.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Our first red card in two years. Barry Molloy sent off for a second yellow. His first yellow was when he was taken out of it, how it wasn't a red for Bohs, I'll never know. Paddy McCourt also booked for taking a free quickly.

Graham Kelly.Easily the most bizarre refereeing all season.Yellow for Bohs taking a corner and Harps for taking a free.
    Bohs on top until Harps had a the manager and a man sent off.Our worst performance of the season.
    Nervous players on both sides, this nonsense of 25% of teams being relegated this year is not exactly encouraging open football..
    Anyway, a valuable 3 points and reassuringly, Rovers weekly exploding clown car continues to make me smile.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    364 Posts
    Dundalk are nowhere near good enough this season, even before the Bray defeat I thought we were a runners up side this season performance wise, that might be in question now but I think we will improve but the inconsistency doesn't offer much hope for encouragement. We might do well in the cup and have a euro run, but it will take huge improvement.

Cork are by far the best team in the country and are probably not far off Dundalk 2015 at the minute, coming 2nd for 3 years running was tough, so fair play to them if as expected they win it by a big margin.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Go 'way! Really?

Dont ye know this season is the weakest the league has ever been...No way that anyone will take 12 points off you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    [/B]Its not really, not that I think Cork wont drop points its that Dundalk will continue to drop points. We havent been playing that badly but are not at the high intensity quick passing and movement we've got used to. Since the home game v AZ last November we have looked sluggish and have carried that in to this season.

Sometimes you need a bit of luck along the way which we have had occasionally but are not getting at all now. By luck i'm really thinking of the arbitrary nature of the match officials decisions that are obviously biased against us and plugging for Cork. Alan Kelly must be returning as an ref assessor and there is a scramble to be in his good books so the 12 point gap is an anti-Dundalk conspiracy by Cork media and influential former ref from Cork. Who is Maguire's agent? 20+ goals will add a wedge for his agent even if 15 goals are from penalties...conspiracy all the way with the way we're been ridden rock solid by officials and any team playing Cork too!!!
    You're right of course. Its all a fix
    Kenny's comments haven't helped either.

Our first red card in two years. Barry Molloy sent off for a second yellow. His first yellow was when he was taken out of it, how it wasn't a red for Bohs, I'll never know. Paddy McCourt also booked for taking a free quickly.

Nothing they're just plain rubbish.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Frustrating to concede the late goal but most of us probably sensed it coming for most of the second half. The perils of having an inexperienced manager at the helm as we seem to continually play well and go in front and then sit back deeper and deeper until the inevitable equaliser comes.

Thought we edged the first half when Limerick were brutal and just wanted to defend. Second half, the first 20 minutes neither side did anything but Limerick took control and deserved their equaliser. If Shaw hadn't missed that sitter at 1-0 I think we'd have won handily enough but the brittleness shined through again.
    I still believe in bradley and this team. The bad luck and decisions th at have gone against us this season have bled the confidance you could see that in the nervousness and the way we sat deeper and deeper even with finn and bradley roaring to get out.
    With virtualy a new team it was always going to be a while I just hope it happens soon. They need to win a big match to get a bit of confidence, next Friday would be a good place to start.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast