Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Tables turning in Spain?

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Tables turning in Spain?

probably only wishful thinking on my part, but results tonight have changed things a bit. Real somehow came away from the Vicente Calderon with a 3-0 win over Pathetico Madrid, while Barca were absolutely destroyed by Villarreal- 3-0 again. Diego Forlan getting two, and on-loan Barca player Riquelme having a blinder. here's hoping its a sign of things to come.

premiershi* fans may be interested to know that morientes came on as a sub for real......

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    To be honest I wasnt too impressed with Real, with the expection of Casillas who was amazing, and Ronaldo who was fairly quiet but has to given credit for taking his 2 chances. Atletico were, as you say, very poor on the night - especially in their finishing. Only one of their players - Perera - impressed me. Ibagaza and Gronkjaer were ok, but Ibagaza could have done better if he'd stayed on his feet, the rest of their players were pretty woeful especially Sosa. I'd hoped they would have put up a better performance, esp given their home record this season.

Villareal are a pretty decent side at home, but even so Barcelona were sloppy and never got into their stride. I wouldnt write them off yet tho. I wouldnt write off Valencia just yet either, they seem to be picking up a bit of form.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Good wins for both Barca and Real last night. Owen scored again for Real after coming on as sub, and really should have had a second.

Still 7 points difference between them, but with barca having to go to The Bernabeu, its far from a foregone conclusion.

Ronaldo is certianly beginning to score alot again, as Eto'o is drying up somewhat.

It should be an interesting run in!
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    What's more unbelievable for Premiership fans is Diego Forlan's scoring form 7 in 5 seemingly, he's thirds top scorer in the Primera League
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    yeah he was pretty impressive against barca last week...

Real will just get stronger as the season goes on, whereas Barca rely to heavily on Ronaldinho, an injury there and their season goes up in smoke...
    Whatever it was I am sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    thomas gravesen tra la la la la

Real are on a good run since luxemburgo took over, and hopefully they'll strengthen a bit more over the transfer window and then...... champione champione ole ole ole

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Graveson did very well in his little foray last night. The Real (not to mistaken with real! ) fans took to him instantly, with his bullish style of play. If anything, he tried a little too hard to impress, but certainly on last nights showing, Real have a right gem.

The only thing Id worry about for Graveson is his style is probably a bit rougher than what Spanish footy is used to, and will probably get more than his fair share of red cards (much like Vinny Samways at Majorca?).
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Barca apparently had an intense training programme during the winter break and are expected to start slowly before getting back into the swing of things, which is what's happening. If they get back to pre christmas form Real thankfully will win nothing again.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary
    The only thing Id worry about for Graveson is his style is probably a bit rougher than what Spanish footy is used to, and will probably get more than his fair share of red cards (much like Vinny Samways at Majorca?).
    the fact that he looks like a rough player will count against him, more than his rough style. he's technically good, and not afraid to mix it, which is exactly what real need. anyway, Hierro was a good man for the roughhouse tactics and he wasn't banned all that much- samways went mental over there by all accounts