Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    https://mobile.twitter.com/wikileaks...67313293627393

Thanks for confirming to me 3 times that I am not under investigation but ... see ya!

Love it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    TBH, this has to be the first card of the house of cards falling... it's getting beyond parody at this stage.

EDIT:

The Guardian coverage is throwing up some doozies. Kellyanne Conway on Anderson Cooper is worth a watch. They are on a different planet.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ite-house-live
    Last edited by BonnieShels; 10/05/2017 at 12:59 AM.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Dep Press Sarah Huckabee Sanders says it's time to move on from Russia investigation:

https://twitter.com/Walldo/status/862111003189944320

https://twitter.com/Walldo/status/862111003189944320

This is amazing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Bonnie, do you not think that if there was anything to these Trump links to Russia it would already be out in the open? Genuine question.

The left is baying for impeachment, surely any real evidence of any wrongdoing, collusion etc would be out there by now given how much leaking has gone on. And yes - I totally discount the p*ssgate dossier. There's just nothing there. Flynn was as bad as it got perhaps? Still a big nothingburger.

The left in the USA has to accept that - but we know they never will - and so Comey's firing actually provides some fodder for the usual suspects to continue the Russian narrative for the next 7+ years. The left of course still end up looking like hypocrites after calling for his resignation and citing his incompetence regularly since November - as recently as last week HRC was laying most of the blame for her defeat at his feet.

But I really do think that the story will become the Huma/Weiner/Clinton emails. Hopefully rightfully so.

Anyway, I saw this video online today and I thought it was very insightful. I was too young to understand him as a president (though I do recall a general disdain within my family circle) so this struck me as very eloquent, intelligent and actually, in my biased opinion, quite relevant to today.

Last edited by SkStu; 10/05/2017 at 4:24 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Bonnie, do you not think that if there was anything to these Trump links to Russia it would already be out in the open? Genuine question.
    Surely, if there was nothing to these Links to Russia, Trump would have been a lot better served politically by allowing the investigation to complete first before sacking Comey. When the investigation is complete and there is nothing to these links then he has a much stronger position then. But then again this is Trump and well.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    This Comey thing is seriously spiralling.

So quickly they can't keep their lies straight. It's gas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    This is good. John Oliver spends so much time yelling at his audience about Trump and tax loop holes, not paying your fair share, taking advantage of tax codes etc...and guess what? Typical.

http://observer.com/2017/05/john-oli...ax-scam-trump/

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisLetang View Post
    This is good. John Oliver spends so much time yelling at his audience about Trump and tax loop holes, not paying your fair share, taking advantage of tax codes etc...and guess what? Typical.

http://observer.com/2017/05/john-oli...ax-scam-trump/
    Just watched Oliver's piece questioning Ivanka and Jared Kushner's positions in the White House - now what was the name of that website/newspaper he said Kushner owns? Oh, right, of course.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Seems to me that the city has a problem here:

For example, even though Oliver paid $9.5 million for his penthouse, the city assessed its market value for tax purposes at just $1.3 million.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Real ale Madrid View Post
    Surely, if there was nothing to these Links to Russia, Trump would have been a lot better served politically by allowing the investigation to complete first before sacking Comey. When the investigation is complete and there is nothing to these links then he has a much stronger position then. But then again this is Trump and well.......
    I really don't think it matters. The Russia crap is dead in the water and has been for weeks. Absolutely zero evidence produced to support collusion. We'd have it by now if it existed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Then why not let him play it out so and investigate hen fire him.

Everything about how he was fired stinks.

It's not that he was fired. It's all about the how. And the way it was subsequently handled. Trump won't make the midterms. We're barely 3 months in ffs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Want to put your money where your mouth is on making midterms or not? You name the stakes.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Want to put your money where your mouth is on making midterms or not? You name the stakes.
    ​Igors Labuts like this.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    ​Igors Labuts like this.
    Nice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    It doesn't look good, but as Glenn Greenwald says, "it's unlikely this, the most extreme theory, that Comey's firing was due to some desire to suppress some kind of smoking gun evidence that the FBI was on the verge of discovering, because, obviously, if there was such evidence, many people besides Jim Comey would know about it". He adds that "the idea that the objective here was to suppress some smoking gun evidence by getting rid of Jim Comey makes no sense, even to the Trump White House" because, "[i]f anything, you'd make it more likely that it would surface through a scheme like [a Senate Select Committee on Intelligence investigation] or through Jim Comey simply leaking it".

However, Greenwald does go on to say the following:

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Greenwald
    There are still career Justice investigators who are continuing to look into this; getting rid of James Comey would not silence him. But I think the broader point is the correct one, which is that what Trump wants is to make sure there’s a loyalist to him directing the FBI, as opposed to somebody who prides himself on being independent.

Let me just add, you know, I’ve been one of the people who have been—who have been urging skepticism on the question of Russia and Trump and collusion and even the broader Russia questions—and I still do—but my position has always been, from the very beginning, given how significant these questions are, it is in everybody’s interest—if you’re somebody who believes Trump is a Kremlin puppet to believing that this is just a Democratic conspiracy to avoid self-critique, to everything in between, it is in everybody’s interest to have an investigation that, at the end, no matter what the outcome, everyone says, "I may not agree with all the conclusions, but this was a fair investigation." And what just happened in the last 24 hours makes that utterly impossible, which is why I think the reaction should be, besides an investigation into the firing of Comey, let us construct an actual independent, empowered body that can truly and finally get to the bottom of these questions.
    On the Russian links (and interconnected hacking) allegations, I'm with Stu; I'm very sceptical and in need of convincing. There's been weeks of slinging mud, but none of it has been meaningful substance. No evidence whatsoever has been produced, disclosed or seen the light of day.

Instead of challenging Trump on actual existing and serious matters that have been happening out in the open and directly affecting millions of people in the US, the mainstream liberal media have been obsessed by this bogus Russian sideshow since he took office. In doing so, they've damaged their own credibility and have only given Trump fuel to accuse them of "fake news"; to claim they can't be trusted and that he, in contrast, is some sort of perma-tanned purveyor of truth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Instead of challenging Trump on actual existing and serious matters that have been happening out in the open and directly affecting millions of people in the US, the mainstream liberal media have been obsessed by this bogus Russian sideshow since he took office. In doing so, they've damaged their own credibility .
    That's a load of rubbish anyway. Its not the mainstream liberal media that fired Comey - it was Trump. It wasn't the mainstream liberal media that lied under oath about meeting the Russian Ambassador during the election campaign - that was Jeff Sessions.

There has been a unbelievable wave of coverage of Trumps day-to-day activities anyway, its almost at saturation point - most of the major papers run with Daily "TrumpTracker" with everything and anything being covered from, his failed Budget, his failed attempt to build a wall, his failed racist Executive Orders, his successful initial effort to put 24m Americans off of Healthcare , his similarly successful effort to undercut student loan protections, his similarly successful efforts to dismantle the EPA etc etc - you could go on and on.

This is quite simple - this is about Trump being Trump. He doesn't like you ? Goodbye - Ask Sally Yates, ask Preet Bharara, ask James Comey. We are about 3 months in and Trump is sending a clear message to everyone else in the GOP and in his team. Tow the line or you are gone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    That's a load of rubbish anyway. Its not the mainstream liberal media that fired Comey - it was Trump. It wasn't the mainstream liberal media that lied under oath about meeting the Russian Ambassador during the election campaign - that was Jeff Sessions.

There has been a unbelievable wave of coverage of Trumps day-to-day activities anyway, its almost at saturation point - most of the major papers run with Daily "TrumpTracker" with everything and anything being covered from, his failed Budget, his failed attempt to build a wall, his failed racist Executive Orders, his successful initial effort to put 24m Americans off of Healthcare , his similarly successful effort to undercut student loan protections, his similarly successful efforts to dismantle the EPA etc etc - you could go on and on.

This is quite simple - this is about Trump being Trump. He doesn't like you ? Goodbye - Ask Sally Yates, ask Preet Bharara, ask James Comey. We are about 3 months in and Trump is sending a clear message to everyone else in the GOP and in his team. Tow the line or you are gone.
    I'm not saying the Trump hasn't seriously undermined his own credibility since long before day one either. In case I've been misconstrued, I have no time whatsoever for Trump. By giving disproportionate coverage to suspect allegations relating to Russia (for which there is apparently no evidence), however, the media have unwittingly and recklessly given Trump the space to claim they're misrepresenting him and that they're disseminating "fake news". He presents himself as the antidote to this. Of course, it's nonsense - most of the soundbites he spouts are overly simplistic at best and downright inaccurate baloney at worst - but his supporters seem to lap it up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    But beyond that it’s OK if the tax plan increases the deficit?
    It is OK, because it won’t increase it for long. You may have two years where you’ll…you understand the expression “prime the pump”?
    Yes.
    We have to prime the pump.
    It’s very Keynesian.
    We’re the highest-taxed nation in the world. Have you heard that expression before, for this particular type of an event?
    Priming the pump?
    Yeah, have you heard it?
    Yes.
    Have you heard that expression used before? Because I haven’t heard it. I mean, I just…I came up with it a couple of days ago and I thought it was good. It’s what you have to do.
    http://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/pump-priming.asp
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    but his supporters seem to lap it up.
    His raison d'etre for everything I think.

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast