International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,096 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    It would be funny if he is brought in for McGrath, its a funny old game

I feel for McGrath, he might take St Mirren offer

They have been playing together. McGrath is only out for a couple of weeks. Maybe the rest is no harm. I wouldn't feel too much for McGrath, if it's sympathy you're offering him. Decent and steady Championship club hopefully at least.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    My view is missing the international window in Nov( assuming he misses it) won't help his transfer chances. Also
    I do wonder is the championship the right place for him? What about Belgium or Holland or even Spain?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,634 Posts
    My view is missing the international window in Nov( assuming he misses it) won't help his transfer chances. Also
    I do wonder is the championship the right place for him? What about Belgium or Holland or even Spain?
    To be fair, international windows have very little to do with whether a player will get a move if clubs are interested. They are evaluated based on their club performances and standard over a multitude of games. International recognition helps maximize transfer value and wage negotiations to an extent but a missed window (which i think is unlikely given his managers comments about recovery targets) is not a deal-breaker for interested clubs - and clubs that have been interested in McGrath long before Kenny brought him in.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    432 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    To be fair, international windows have very little to do with whether a player will get a move if clubs are interested. They are evaluated based on their club performances and standard over a multitude of games. International recognition helps maximize transfer value and wage negotiations to an extent but a missed window (which i think is unlikely given his managers comments about recovery targets) is not a deal-breaker for interested clubs - and clubs that have been interested in McGrath long before Kenny brought him in.
    As you said clubs were interested in McGrath before he made his debut and still will be interested as the lads out of contract soon. Was nearly on the move on deadline day. His appearances for Ireland could help him negotiate a better contract for himself and if he walks on a free it's better again as he'll get a better signing bonus with no transfer fee involved.

I bet Hibs are raging they couldn't get a deal done in the last hour after Middlesbrough pulled out. Whether he stays or leaves in January there's positives for Ronan. If he leaves then Ronan becomes their main man in midfield and they'll probably play with him behind two strikers. If McGrath stays it gives Ronan another few months to strike up an even better working relationship with McGrath. Could even see both of them playing together in the friendlies come March.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,096 Posts
    https://www.the42.ie/encouraging-new...84402-Oct2021/

It doesn't look like he is going to miss the window.

Wouldn't be adverse to him going outside of the UK if the opportunity were better. A positive window would help in that regard.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    https://www.the42.ie/encouraging-new...84402-Oct2021/

It doesn't look like he is going to miss the window.

Wouldn't be adverse to him going outside of the UK if the opportunity were better. A positive window would help in that regard.
    Sweet! He is a starter for me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Likewise Diggs, He'll have great perspective from Ronan on a foreign move anyway, but I imagine we wouldn't be hoping for him to go play in Slovakia as a permanent move anyway!
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Another MOTM award today for Ronan.

9. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    432 Posts
    Three from three as he scores from the penalty spot after his recent match winners against Aberdeen and Hibs. Has been in good form after the winter break and Kenny was at the Hibs game to watch him. Think we'll be seeing him with the senior team next month.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    Three from three as he scores from the penalty spot after his recent match winners against Aberdeen and Hibs. Has been in good form after the winter break and Kenny was at the Hibs game to watch him. Think we'll be seeing him with the senior team next month.

Can’t understand why he’s playing at this level. Wolves gave him a contract extension but have never given him a chance. I’d love to see him get a chance for Ireland. I suspect he’ll take to international football, and then maybe managers will wake up and realise what a talent he is.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    I have always suspected wolves gave him the contract to protect their asset and command a reasonable fee for him, as they feel he is a good asset but not quite good enough for wolves unless they drop to championship. I expect he will move in summer for a reasonable fee and forge a pretty solid career for him

13. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    432 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    I have always suspected wolves gave him the contract to protect their asset and command a reasonable fee for him, as they feel he is a good asset but not quite good enough for wolves unless they drop to championship. I expect he will move in summer for a reasonable fee and forge a pretty solid career for him
    Don't see many teams breaking out the cheque book and paying a reasonable fee for him. Also depends on what Wolves deem a reasonable fee for someone whose turning 24 and his best loans have been in Slovakia, Swiss 2nd tier, and St Mirren.

Could see him on loan again next season with a league one team, possibly MK Dons if they don't get promoted. They play a style of football which would suit him to the ground and would need someone to replace Scott Twine if he leaves.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Don't see many teams breaking out the cheque book and paying a reasonable fee for him. Also depends on what Wolves deem a reasonable fee for someone whose turning 24 and his best loans have been in Slovakia, Swiss 2nd tier, and St Mirren.

Could see him on loan again next season with a league one team, possibly MK Dons if they don't get promoted. They play a style of football which would suit him to the ground and would need someone to replace Scott Twine if he leaves.
    I have a feeling that Ronan will end up being a bit like Kinsella, Holland and Wes. He’ll end up being recognised as a better player than people thought he was. True he’s not played at a particularly high level, but he’s always impressed, has good technique, a great engine and an eye for goal.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    432 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by third policeman View Post
    I have a feeling that Ronan will end up being a bit like Kinsella, Holland and Wes. He’ll end up being recognised as a better player than people thought he was. True he’s not played at a particularly high level, but he’s always impressed, has good technique, a great engine and an eye for goal.
    Of all the players that played in that U21s teams Ronan was probably the player I most wanted to see push on and break his way into the senior squad. Had the attributes we lacked when it came to midfielders.

17. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Him and Connolly are the most gifted players in the attacking sense of real football resolutions the team has.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    432 Posts
    Connor Ronan with a belter in the cup today.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,634 Posts
    Connor Ronan with a belter in the cup today.

That’s just outrageous.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    That’s just outrageous.
    He so needs and deserves to be playing at a higher level. Maybe if he gets the opportunity to play for Ireland, somebody - even Wolves- will cotton on that he is a proper player.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    It’s one you would love to see from behind the goal.

24. Thanks From:

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Daily Record linking him to St.Pauli today.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast