Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IRA Withdraw from Disarmament

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

IRA Withdraw from Disarmament

Not really good news for the peace process. I can't see them returning to violence but its a huge setback.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    it had nothing to do with the sinn fein/ira criminal acts no
    save the sheep shaggers bring back beheadings for waherford

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    no huge surprise in many ways. its a pity unionism couldn't have taken a leap of faith 2 or 3 years ago, when it would have transformed the whole thing. the vacuum thats existed since has really damaged the whole process, and this is the unfortunate result. that said, the republican movement should really have gone the extra mile and given them the bloody photos. this is what happens when you get two extreme, pig-headed movements squaring up to each other

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    They're too busy working out what to do with all their cash to worry about getting rid of their weapons

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davros
    Incidentally,still wondering why the NIPS,If they're that sure,why they've charged no-one........
    two possible reasons:
    1. It was a thoroughly professional job, they covered their tracks well and the RUC knows its them but can't prove it.
    2. The RUC made that statement for political reasons, and has no evidence of any kind to prove it.

both equally possible IMO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by exile
    it had nothing to do with the sinn fein/ira criminal acts no
    Are you Ian Paisley Jr in diguise?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dancinpants
    Are you Ian Paisley Jr in diguise?
    SO ITS OK FOR A POLITICAL PARTY TO SAY MURDER IS NOT A CRIME
    save the sheep shaggers bring back beheadings for waherford

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts
    Same warning as usual here: Keep it civil and non-personal or I'll lock it. Exile, turn off your CAPS LOCK please, it just makes you look like Ian Paisley.

adam[size=1] /who can tick people off and stay on topic[/size]
    Last edited by dahamsta; 03/02/2005 at 8:53 AM.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I think theres a big difference between knowing that the IRA carried out the robbery & proving which members did it which is probably why the PSNI made their announcement. They also have a Police Board in NI (more than we have here) which i'm sure oversees such announcements.

I think its time for everyone on this isalnd to realise the pariahs that the IRA are. Maybe they had some justification in the past for their acts (don't need to revisit) but what exactly do they need to protect with their weapons in 2005???

I'd be interested to know how many criminals vore for SF...

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    And what about the people they are 'negotiating' with? Illegal invasion of another country, scrapping the Geneva convention whenever it suits them, bombing of civilians.

[Attack the post, not the poster. Any more personal attacks will result in a one week ban. --adam]
    Last edited by dahamsta; 03/02/2005 at 11:40 AM.
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Its exactly people like good old exile who will drive Republicans back to full scale war. I mean why bother with politics if with a massive political mandate you are excluded from talks and ignored ?? There is division in Republican circles anyway, the media tend to turn a blind eye on it for political reasons. The SF knockers are simply proving to the Pro Adams/McGuinness republicans that they are banging their heads against a brick wall.

I mean The P.IRA leadership actually surrendered weapons for all this, unthinkable in Republican ideology. But sure that still wasnt enough, they wanted humiliation too. Whilst there was never mention of Loyalist, Unionist or British State weapons.
    Last edited by dortie; 03/02/2005 at 6:04 PM.
    Go lí cúnna ifrinn do thóin bheagmhaitheasach

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dortie
    Its exactly people like good old exile who will drive Republicans back to full scale war. I mean why bother with politics if with a massive political mandate you are excluded from talks and ignored ?? There is division in Republican circles anyway, the media tend to turn a blind eye on it for political reasons. The SF knockers are simply proving to the Pro Adams/McGuinness republicans that they are banging their heads against a brick wall.

I mean The P.IRA leadership actually surrendered weapons for all this, unthinkable in Republican ideology. But sure that still wasnt enough, they wanted humiliation too. Whilst there was never mention of Loyalist, Unionist or British State weapons.
    dortie the only issue i have is with sinn frein/ira is the fact that they keep commiting crimes and what they see as crime.
    any political party that says the murder of a mother of 10 children is not a crime has some serious moral issues

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Surely the DUP as biggest NI party can talk to whoever they want?

SF may be the biggest Nationalist Party but they only got 30 odd percent of total voters so are still in the minority. The DSLP probably have a lot in common amoung the 70% than the 30% SF vote.

btw the only NI Assembly politicians are the only people who can solve their own problems. There is nothing anyone in the Republic or UK can do about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Its disconserting to see that alot of people in the south are as ignorant to this situation as the Brits.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Think pulling out of the decommissioning is deffinatley an act to keep those in the IRA who fed up of the peace process, happy. There are deffinatley splits froming in the IRA and vague mumurs of the ceasefire ending which is still (thank you God) a long long way off.
    I think that the bank raid was the hardliners showing that they are not going to support talks which get the Republican moevement nowhere (not sanctioned by the army council) and in response the army council have stopped any further splits by taking the deal off the table-keeping the hardliners in line whilst putting the peace process at a stalemate.
    As a result this withdrawal may benifit the peace process in the long run as it is a measure of preventing splits which could mean a step toward the ceasefire ending.

I doubt the British are happy about the situation either-they want to pull out their troops, presumably to send to Iraq or even so they are ready for when the murmurs of a US/UK/(Israel?)-Iran war evolve into something more.
    (Though effectivly this move can benifit them in the long term-any rise in violence by the IRA may result in moire troops being deployed-seriously stretching the British millatery with their current commitments in Iraq and Afghanistan).
    Long live the Pope! Free Burma (NLD/SNLD), Free Tibet (Burma Campaign/Free Tibet Campaign Alliance), Free the Rossport 5! (ACCOMPLISHED 30/09/05)

BOYCOTT TOTAL OIL-Please Read!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dancinpants
    Its disconserting to see that alot of people in the south are as ignorant to this situation as the Brits.
    Yeah the ignorance of a lot of people from the south is unbelievable when it comes to the six counties. There is also the view of guilty until proved innocent when it comes to SF and the Republican movement from these same people

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    dortie the only issue i have is with sinn frein/ira is the fact that they keep commiting crimes and what they see as crime.
    any political party that says the murder of a mother of 10 children is not a crime has some serious moral issues
    Mr Exile,With regard to your concerns about the murder of Jean mcConville.
    As far as I remember as part of the peace process the IRA were asked to apologise for all the hurt and loss of life they had caused in the troubles. They issued this apology a number of years ago with the hope it would help bring the peace process to a positive conclusion.It was accepted at the time by all involved in the process and I would serioulsy question the wisdom of bringing up issues which have been dealt with at this time. The people who who continue to bring up these issues have dealt a mighty blow to hopes of a lasting peace in this country. History I feel won't remember most of the present 26 county politicans kindly.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Not directed at any members here but i've got the impression that the further you go from the border that the stronger the support for the IRA "struggle". Like big 'RA support in Kerry & maybe even bigger for some people in the US. Suppose its easy to support a "war" if not living it.

Are the republican community discriminated like the bad days? I doubt it so why the need for a private army?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    Are the republican community discriminated like the bad days? I doubt it so why the need for a private army?
    Thanks for re-iterating my previous point!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wakenuppaddy
    Mr Exile,With regard to your concerns about the murder of Jean mcConville.
    As far as I remember as part of the peace process the IRA were asked to apologise for all the hurt and loss of life they had caused in the troubles. They issued this apology a number of years ago with the hope it would help bring the peace process to a positive conclusion.It was accepted at the time by all involved in the process and I would serioulsy question the wisdom of bringing up issues which have been dealt with at this time. The people who who continue to bring up these issues have dealt a mighty blow to hopes of a lasting peace in this country. History I feel won't remember most of the present 26 county politicans kindly.
    i see your point they apoligised fair enough they apoligised because they felt they have hurt people fair enough again
    But they dont see the whats criminal about the murder people like jean mcconville or the punishment beatings they regulary dish out that is not moraley acceptable of a democratic party

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast