Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Mick Daly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts

Mick Daly

Hard Hitting letter from Mick Daly saying that he cannot get medical treatment for a debilitating back injury he suffered while playing from the Drogs.

There are always two sides but this does not show the Drogs in good light.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post

Hard Hitting letter from Mick Daly saying that he cannot get medical treatment for a debilitating back injury he suffered while playing from the Drogs.

There are always two sides but this does not show the Drogs in good light.
    where was this taken from? the PFAI website?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    where was this taken from? the PFAI website?
    I took it from an LMFM tweet.

4. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    I'm trying to think of any possible reason that they wouldn't want to send in the claim. Is there an excess that they don't want to pay?
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    I'm trying to think of any possible reason that they wouldn't want to send in the claim. Is there an excess that they don't want to pay?
    If a club makes a claim, does their premium increase?

There is a saying in business that "todays claims are tomorrows premiums".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Taken from his Facebook page originally I'd imagine. He posted it up there. Several comments underneath saying 'typical LOI', including from players and former players. It's all too sad that rubbish like this happens so often in our league. Any wonder we can't attract the casual football fan.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    If a club makes a claim, does their premium increase?
    I guess it depends how big a claim it is - but the insurance companies will be expecting some level of claims over the year. Insurance premiums for LoI clubs aren't cheap, and they aren't cheap because the insurers know there'll be claims.

I think the excess would be only €250 - not a huge issue for Drogheda surely.

Seeing as he does seem to be covered - no issues with not making premium payments, etc - the only other thing I can think of is just bad admin?

I presume the issue is Daly has paid the medical costs himself and is out of pocket?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    I dont see why the club would need medial files to process the claim. A letter from the consultant treating him outlining his ailment and treatment options should suffice. The only reason for the handing over medical files is a second opinion and as it was the club who sought the files and delayed on making a claim it indicates they are not convinced for some reason that club insurance should be used. Only Daly has said he contacted the insurance company himself and they are just looking for the claim forms; this sort of thing only really happens when there is insufficient cover or insurance/payments are not up to date.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    Read it on Twitter there. Shameful treatment by Drogheda if that statement is accurate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    could it possibly be that given the much reported financial problems at Drogheda that there is some difficulty with the policy ? seems not from his statement (that he is fully covered etc....) but cant think why there would be any delay otherwise.
    if the delay is just maladministration then surely PFAI should be kicking ass ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    I listened to an interview with the Droggies chairman on LMFM. He mentioned several times that the medical team are no longer with the club and that information needed to come from them. Perhaps, the club had to pay them to pull together a file?

I hope it is not a spiteful act just because the player wanted to play in the premier division.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    It would be highly irregular if player medical files left the club with a medical team change. Should be fairly seamless to keep continuity of care! Something really stinks with this. It would be a spiteful and ethically questionable act if a previous medical team were to take files with them for leverage for say outstanding pay!? But considering what is patient welfare (as players with the club) for any medic not to furnish his notes for a referral just seem unlikely. The current medic can examine again and refer with the necessary paperwork so the above sounds like an excuse. Even a consultant can give a recommended treatment, do the paperwork, and then get the club secretary to stamp the forms. I was involved with a Dundalk Summer League team, all insurance paid up; one chap broke his leg and was self employed, the team went defunct, he claimed for treatment and loss of earnings as the insurance was valid for 12 months and just needed the signatures of the club officials who were named on the insurance application documents!! It was no big deal, the hardest part was getting him to pay for his treatment up front to be reimbursed - in other words trusting the insurance policy.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    I play junior soccer and in the last three years we have had a lad break his front teeth, another break his leg and another player break his arm. All were covered under the clubs insurance and I don't think the premium shifted much at all. If a junior club can sort something like this very easily then there should be no hassle with a LOI club.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    I listened to an interview with the Droggies chairman on LMFM. He mentioned several times that the medical team are no longer with the club and that information needed to come from them. Perhaps, the club had to pay them to pull together a file?

I hope it is not a spiteful act just because the player wanted to play in the premier division.
    Doesn't explain why they apparently lied to him about having sent the claim form in.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.