Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shels and their tax affairs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shels and their tax affairs

Seems to be a lot of talk about Shels and their dealings with the taxman on both the Bohs and Pats forums......

http://gypsiesweb.proboards14.com/in...isplay&start=0

www.saintsforum.tk
    Champions!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    All speculation. Unless, and until, the Revenue commissioners actually investigate and find something wrong, it's all just talk, and possibly dangerous talk as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsh
    All speculation. Unless, and until, the Revenue commissioners actually investigate and find something wrong, it's all just talk, and possibly dangerous talk as well.
    Yeah it seems to be all total specualtion at the moment but it makes for interesting reading, especially what they are saying on the Bohs forum and it makes you wonder.....
    Champions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    There used to be FFers who swore Charlie came by his money legitimately, too; if something is staring you in the face in this country, there'll be people who'll swear its invisible

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsh
    The actual amounts of tax paid are from the CRO website, and are in the public domain already. Fair to say those figures are "interesting".
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    The actual amounts of tax paid are from the CRO website, and are in the public domain already. Fair to say those figures are "interesting".
    I find it hard to understand how Bohs could have paid more tax than Shels, something has got to be wrong there.
    Then when you learn that Pats also paid more than Shels, it really makes you wonder about what certain people are getting away with.
    Champions!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Hang on just a minute now, you mean that Bohs fans are insinuating tax trouble at Shels? Wait, not only that, but Pats fans are backing them up?! Well **** me, get the Financial Times on it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Its all talk and just talk....

They always go on about Shels and the taxman.

When I ask them to come up with something all I got was two figures from the CRO. I dont think anyone has any idea at how these figures were arrived and I dont think that the figures alone mean anything...

If someone understands the tax system in this country and would like to enlighten us then work away but they are major p!ssed that they are facing the intertoto and as its the off season there is plenty of straw clutching going on.

Next they will be saying we dont register our players!!!
    John Delaney!! GET OUT!!!
    www.ssdg.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Higgins, quite a few of the people posting on the Bohs board work for revenue or as accountants and actually DO understand the tax system...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Well please please please can they explain it to those of us who dont!!

And even better still can they not do something about it if its so clear......
    www.ssdg.ie

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by higgins
    If someone understands the tax system in this country and would like to enlighten us then work away
    The PAYE and PRSI payments by a company are basically the tax deducted from the wages are staff (plus the PRSI contributions by the company if applicable). Basically what is stopped from the staffs gross wages giving them their net wages.

Hypothetically speaking obviously, if Company A has paid more than Company B, it would be a fair assumption that Company A has a higher wage bill than Company B. Assuming that all taxes are up to date.

A fully qualified accountant, rather than a part qualified bum who can't be arsed studying, may be able to explain more thoroughly but that's the jist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    as a - very - rough approximation, a companies PAYE and PRSI bill should represent about 40% of their wages bill ( this will vary depending on how much people are being paid and therefore what rate of Income Tax they're on - its a rough average) if therefore Bohs paid about a million over 4 years, our wage bill would be something in the region of 2.5 m. If Shels paid under 500k then that would give a wage bill of 1.25m of less. If they had 20 full time playing staff over those 4 years that would give an average gross - i.e pre- tax - wage of 15,000 euro - less than 300 a week. - about 20 euro more than the minimum wage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Don't Shels have a sponsor a player scheme going which basically means the sponsor pays the player, which might account for the low amount paid on PAYE and PRSI
    Always look on the bright side of life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy
    Don't Shels have a sponsor a player scheme going which basically means the sponsor pays the player, which might account for the low amount paid on PAYE and PRSI
    That wont stop people talking sh*te.

Funny isn't it, that every Bohs fan in the country suddenly wises up to the criminal tax evansion at Shelbourne that the government have missed right around the time that we get three of their best players on a free. All this despite no evidence whatsoever. What amazing timing that is.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    we are back again to the core issue of these rumours which is financial transparency of el clubs which is very little or none
    save the sheep shaggers bring back beheadings for waherford

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well it seems not only has Ollie been talking shi* he's obviously been writing shi* as well especially when filling out the tax returns !!

Ah well has anyone mentioned the word bankrupt yet ? After all the fines etc..

As Kevin Keegan would say "I'd love it love it !"
    "Goin down the Phibsboro Road " "Bohs til I die"

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Was every club not investigated as part of the A license rubbish ?

I assume that if there was any dodgy dealings then when shels opened their books they would have seen it....!!
    The pay a player scheme could be the answer as to why the figures are different... No Bohs fan wants to hear this line!!
    I understand PAYE and PRSI but what I dont understand is that how these two figure mean anything on there own. I dont think they do which is what I would like explained. If anyone out there can tell me how these figures prove that shels avoid paying TAX then let them speak up!!

Nobody as of yet has come up with anything apart from Ollie is a thug and how do shels have money unless they are cheating which i find childish.

Go and investigate this matter further if you think its an issue otherwise stop spreading lies about the back to back Champions
    www.ssdg.ie

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Was every club not investigated as part of the A license rubbish ?
    hahahahaha

The pay a player scheme could be the answer as to why the figures are different...
    Are the players not contracted to the club? Hard to imagine them being paid directly by someone else, and you've never heard of the scheme until Drummerboy got his wires crossed on player sponsorship that every club does - squad pictures, with the sponsor underneath.

I understand PAYE and PRSI but what I dont understand is that how these two figure mean anything on there own. I dont think they do which is what I would like explained. If anyone out there can tell me how these figures prove that shels avoid paying TAX then let them speak up!!
    They may not prove anything, but you have to accept that they raise serious questions. If you can't see that there is something not right about the top paying, full time professional club in the country has paid less than part time clubs in PAYE and PRSI, then you really are too blinkered to debate with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    hahahahaha

Are the players not contracted to the club? Hard to imagine them being paid directly by someone else, and you've never heard of the scheme until Drummerboy got his wires crossed on player sponsorship that every club does - squad pictures, with the sponsor underneath.

They may not prove anything, but you have to accept that they raise serious questions. If you can't see that there is something not right about the top paying, full time professional club in the country has paid less than part time clubs in PAYE and PRSI, then you really are too blinkered to debate with.
    And you think a few sad, obsessed, bitter Bohs fans have found something that everyone at the tax department has missed because of two numbers they've dragged from somewhere that on their own don't mean anything?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash/ED
    And you think a few sad, obsessed, bitter Bohs fans have found something that everyone at the tax department has missed because of two numbers they've dragged from somewhere that on their own don't mean anything?
    tax department has not necessarily missed them. as an accountant, believe me the revenue are presently conducting revenue audits which are based on figures as early as 2000 with powers to go back earlier.

it would be still possible for shels (or any other club for that matter) to get a revenue audit based on their paye receipts. if the figures quoted are correct, (i haven't seen that accounts) they do seem quite suspicious, however without examing the accounts and the club's p35 retuwn it is still just pure speculation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast