Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wegner/Ferguson

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wegner/Ferguson

Is anyone else sick to death of this so called feud?,the pair have been fairly quiet for the last few months,suddenly as the Highbury game gets that bit nearer it all starts again .Just one big set up if you ask me.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dublin12
    Is anyone else sick to death of this so called feud?,the pair have been fairly quiet for the last few months,suddenly as the Highbury game gets that bit nearer it all starts again .Just one big set up if you ask me.
    I'm surprised it's carried on - didn't think Wenger was going to comment on Fergie ever again (except obviously any day with y in it, it seems).
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    In fairness, it was Ferguson who started it AGAIN

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Personally, I think Fergie has Wenger this time - he's getting closer and closer to a Keegan-esque break down. I'd just love it

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The pair of them should get in the ring and sort it out for the asian disaster,they'd make big money I'd say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It was indeed Ferguson who gave an interview 4 months after the game on the morning of a game against Liverpool!!!!

p.s. Misquoting Wenger's is a national hobby, having watched the post game interview on Arsenal Plus, he actually told the gathered UK Media after the that he would not answer any questions about Alex from them again - he hasn't. THe UK Media printed further quotes form a French TV interview - not Arsene's problem! They are the facts.
    Foot.ie - NFL Fantasy Football Champion, 2006!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I quite enjoy it to be honest. It adds to the tension which invariably will be in the match.

As for it being a set up, you could be on to something. Sky just love to call these games "Judgement day" or "Night of Destiny" or such rubbish, and with the 2 managers feuding on the backpage of every tabloid, its adds to viewers.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlosIRL
    p.s. Misquoting Wenger's is a national hobby, having watched the post game interview on Arsenal Plus, he actually told the gathered UK Media after the that he would not answer any questions about Alex from them again - he hasn't. THe UK Media printed further quotes form a French TV interview - not Arsene's problem! They are the facts.
    So just not answering questions from anybody from that press conference (who obviously only British).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    Personally, I think Fergie has Wenger this time - he's getting closer and closer to a Keegan-esque break down. I'd just love it

Keep dreaming there Macy!! You'd wonder why a highly successful manager would need to indulge in these so-called mind games at this stage in his career. Perhaps it's to cover the blips in the transfer market or to deflect the focus from the thoughts of a second successive season without a title or a top 2 finish???? I've yet to see Fergie rattle Wenger once - he tried it all last year, he tried it in 98, he tried it in 02, he tried it the first day wenger came to England with his educated 'he comes here from Japan and thinks he knows all about football?' comments!! It's just laughable at this stage!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    So just not answering questions from anybody from that press conference (who obviously only British).
    emmm, yes I think you will find that he hasn't mentioned Fergie to anyone from that Press Conference i.e. the gathered English media - where's your problem with understanding that???

sorry but wasn't it Sir Alex who said it was Arsenal who kept going on about the tunnell incident and then brings it up 4 months later!

I'm just glad our story of the events have been consistant and not like Fantasy fergie's doissier's and interviews!!!

it's a bit like the Rio drugs scandel again
    There's a different angle from you guys every day. Smells of desparation - roll on February 1st

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    sorry but wasn't it Sir Alex who said it was Arsenal who kept going on about the tunnell incident and then brings it up 4 months later!

I'm just glad our story of the events have been consistant and not like Fantasy fergie's doissier's and interviews!!!

it's a bit like the Rio drugs scandel again
    There's a different angle from you guys every day. Smells of desparation - roll on February 1st
    LOL, the fans are falling for it as much as Wenger...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    all this has nothing to do with the match in 2 weeks time. To me its designed to take the gloss off the fact that the 2 of them are 10 points off chelsea and their teams just aren`t in the same class.

Mourinho is the man having the last laugh, only in england a wet day and hes making a fool out of the 2 experts at "mind games"

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    apparently the cops have told them both to shut it.

personally, i think its pathetic, to see 2 grown men behaving like that, but it is an entertaining soap opera for fans. I think Ferguson has really got to Wenger this time- wenger looks like a man who's ready to crack. Ferguson is a scumbag and bully, but he knows what he's doing. Wenger should shut up before he embarasses himself

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    p.s. Misquoting Wenger's is a national hobby, having watched the post game interview on Arsenal Plus, he actually told the gathered UK Media after the that he would not answer any questions about Alex from them again - he hasn't.

Except he has you see, the sports correspondent from the guardian was on the last word and he said that while Whinger refused to talk about Ferguson in the press conference, after the press conference he and some journos moved to another room, he was pushed on the subject and let rip...

...anyway, it's so bloody boring at this stage, I don't know why I'm joining in.
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    LOL, the fans are falling for it as much as Wenger...
    LOL you must be joking! Watching Fergie twist and turn and change his story is a great laugh! Us Gooners stopped taking him seriously long ago (think it was the 'every player in the world wants to play for Utd' (except Shearer, Vieira & Ronaldinho obviously!) or when he celebrated the 2-2 draw with Arsenal on the highbury pitch in 2003 to make up for Wenger celebrating completing the double at Old Trafford the year before! (hilarious that was!)

as i said, roll on 1st February!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Had my fill of the Wenger/Ferguson thing pretty much at after the 2-2 draw at Highbury two seasons back. Listening to the sports reports after and reading the papers for the following couple of days you would have thought that no other sporting event existed outside the two managers.
    Where am I now? I'm over here,
    I've got those empty pockets and I can't afford a beer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Karlos your comments are very pro Arsenal due to you obviously supporting arsenal, so they have no air of objecitvity about them at all. To be fair to ferguson, he was hit with food in the tunnel by arsenal players. Wenger also started calling his players cheats. in the tunnel and he told Wenger to go back into the dressing, and then wenger raised his fist and said what are you going to do about it. It was agreed between the 2 clubs that what happened woudl be kept quiet to protect all concerned which was in Arsenals interest more than Utds. However a lot of Arsenal players kept on saying they were kicked off the pitch at Old Trafford and saying that utd only won by bully boy tactics despite arsenal having more yellow cards and committing more fouls during the game. As a result Ferguson was giving an interview about many subjects, it was quite a long ranging interview and he was asked about the forthcoming arsenal game and he felt it was time to set the record straight as aresnal had been warping the facts of the incident. That is the context of teh interview and the comments.

Alex Ferguson has won more trophies than any other British manager

He qualified for the quarter finals of the Champions leaugue 6/7 years on the trot. He has 3 European trophies to his name

Wenger is a very successful manager in the premierhip but only has 3 league titles to Fergusons 7. He has never one anything at European level and in fact Aresenal have only made the quarters once in all their efforts in the Champions league.

These are all the facts. I am not a utd supporter. But a bit of balance is needed here as you say yourself you are a gunner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Wenger never raised his fists at Ferguson. Why do you believe this? Because Sir Alex said it happened?????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD
    Karlos your comments are very pro Arsenal due to you obviously supporting arsenal, so they have no air of objecitvity about them at all. To be fair to ferguson, he was hit with food in the tunnel by arsenal players. Wenger also started calling his players cheats. in the tunnel and he told Wenger to go back into the dressing, and then wenger raised his fist and said what are you going to do about it. It was agreed between the 2 clubs that what happened woudl be kept quiet to protect all concerned which was in Arsenals interest more than Utds. However a lot of Arsenal players kept on saying they were kicked off the pitch at Old Trafford and saying that utd only won by bully boy tactics despite arsenal having more yellow cards and committing more fouls during the game. As a result Ferguson was giving an interview about many subjects, it was quite a long ranging interview and he was asked about the forthcoming arsenal game and he felt it was time to set the record straight as aresnal had been warping the facts of the incident. That is the context of teh interview and the comments.

Alex Ferguson has won more trophies than any other British manager

He qualified for the quarter finals of the Champions leaugue 6/7 years on the trot. He has 3 European trophies to his name

Wenger is a very successful manager in the premierhip but only has 3 league titles to Fergusons 7. He has never one anything at European level and in fact Aresenal have only made the quarters once in all their efforts in the Champions league.

These are all the facts. I am not a utd supporter. But a bit of balance is needed here as you say yourself you are a gunner.
    I admit I'm a staunch Gunner but first thing first. The Series of Events you described above are the 'FACTS' as described by Alex Ferguson not by anyone else. No journalist reported Wenger raising his fists at the time 4 months ago and this has only come to light since Alex's interview. If Food was thrown, and it could possibly have been, who threw it? Why didn't Alex mention the person who threw the food in his interview? Why don't the papers name him, seeing as they know everything else that happened? Why was this story brought back up almost 2 months since the last Arsenal player spoke about it which I believe was Reyes? When has Fergie ever mentioned that Food was thrown?? he hasn't yet? One thing is for certain, Wenger did call RvN a cheat and has been punished for it.

In fact seeing as Arsene hasn't been in English football as long as Alex it's natural that he has won more and his record is great, no question. However you negelected to print the record of Alex since Wenger became Arsenal boss as this is a better comparison of their head to head battles. Arsene 3 League Titles, 3 FA Cups - Alex 4 League Titles, 2 FA Cups, 1 European cup.

The records of head to head Arsene vs Alex are quite evenly matched, would you not say???? You bring up Arsenal's european record when Utd haven't come even close to winning the cup since 1999 - first round knockout last year I do believe. I'm not here arguing who is better but the FACTS are there for you too see. We have yet to be produced with facts from the old trafford fallout. We have heard story after story, rumour after rumour, why should we believe Alex's story over Wengers??? Give me one good reason why we should? If your asking me to take the word of Alex Ferguson as gospel then I can't go along with that.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    We have heard story after story, rumour after rumour, why should we believe Alex's story over Wengers??? Give me one good reason why we should? If your asking me to take the word of Alex Ferguson as gospel then I can't go along with that.
    Ditto Wenger surely? Should we believe him, just because the press love him?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast