Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Goalkeeper?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wink New Goalkeeper?

Hi everyone, just joined forum, eventhough I've been a Lims supporter for a couple of years. Heard something on the radio this evening about Noel O'Connor looking to sign a new goalkeeper. Didn't get any name or club however. Does anyone have the details? Also, has there been any confirmation that Limerick will play their home games on Fri nights?
    If you don't like John 3:7...
    There's always Limerick 37!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Noel Mooney apparently.
    Thought this would have been posted up by now.
    Presume they're old City buddies.
    Roddy should be a bit pised.
    Thats a bit of a loss in my book.
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

what! two Noels?

jesus hes only 27? NOC and Noel Mooney are good buddies going back years long before both their cork city days. I belive the new investors are also frinds of NM so hence the donation to the Shamrock Rvs fund some weeks back. While it is good to see an experienced player coming into the squad i thought we were well covered in that dept for the 1st Div with Jimmy Fyffe and John Healy, unless someones gonna go..

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sounds good an experinced keeper would add alot
    heard also that NOC wants rid of the MAD LDMC rule about not being allowed play junior for 16/18 months after playing LOI
    any sign of any junior players getting the call up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Best of luck if he signs. Great 'keeper

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Risteard
    Noel Mooney apparently.
    Thought this would have been posted up by now.
    Presume they're old City buddies.
    Roddy should be a bit pised.
    Thats a bit of a loss in my book.
    Great news. Even if he doesn't sign at least we are being linked with quality experienced players. It shows good ambition on behalf of the new administration. The more Premier quality players we get the sooner we get back to the premier.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    he'd be a good signing alright. Fyffe is a very good keeper, and healy's not bad either, but Mooney has a bit more experience, particularly in terms of the Premier Division, which is bound to come in handy. And as LFC in Exile said- it shows the clubs intentions that they're being linked with a player of mooney's quality- compare it to this time last season!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Éanna
    compare it to this time last season!
    Yeah, we can always play Jimmy Fyffe up front as well. Is Mooney any good outfield?

As Morrissey said "I can smile about it now but at the time it was terrible".
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353
    jesus hes only 27?
    Wait until he gets the hair transplant and he will look a lot younger.

He is a handy little keeper, and I'd say that Fyffe will benefit from it in the long run - Mooney has the look of a coach about him (that may change with the treatment, however)

I seem to remember that Wexford's hurling manager put their 'keeper Damian Fitzhenry up front for the league a year or two before they went on to win the All Ireland, on the basis that it would help him get inside a forwards mind.
    That question was less stupid, though you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

Help me, Arthur Murphy, you're my only hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge
    I bow to no one. bar Bluebeard and Mr A

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Welcome to the Board Kerry Blue. It's great to have another Person from an Realta (the Kingdom ) on line. The Club should, and hopefully will,be tapping into the large latent support in West Limerick and North Kerry where Soccer ! is flourishing at the moment. Lisselton Rovers, Listowel Celtic to name a few of the clubs there.
    "How Can you lie there and think of England when you don't even know who's in the team"-- B.Bragg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wink

Thanks johnD. Used to play with Lisselton myself. Was delighted to see how well Dave Conway did last season. If Lims ambitions regarding under age teams comes to fruition, it will give a huge boost to the younger players around Limerick and North Kerry. The club have to develop a good structure for younger players, as the money won't last forever.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

New goalkeeper

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Blue
    Thanks johnD. Used to play with Lisselton myself. Was delighted to see how well Dave Conway did last season. If Lims ambitions regarding under age teams comes to fruition, it will give a huge boost to the younger players around Limerick and North Kerry. The club have to develop a good structure for younger players, as the money won't last forever.
    Yes Noel Mooney is a good signing and the other two are also good custodians. You can never have too many keepers. Kerry Blue, question which , Lisselton native , was most recently capped at senior international level for the Republic of Ireland at soccer?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeTillIDie
    Yes Noel Mooney is a good signing and the other two are also good custodians. You can never have too many keepers. Kerry Blue, question which , Lisselton native , was most recently capped at senior international level for the Republic of Ireland at soccer?
    Can't say that I can answer that one. By the way, CollegeTillIDie, how do you feel about Dublin City Council bailing out Shams?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Blue
    Can't say that I can answer that one. By the way, CollegeTillIDie, how do you feel about Dublin City Council bailing out Shams?
    If it gets that damned Tallaght Stadium(a.k.a Glenmalure Park II) built, then so be it. It is about time that the historically most successful club in the country ceased to be a shower of itinerants!

The answer to my question is Carmel Kissane , striker of the all conquering UCD Ladies team. Comes from Lisselton , Co. Kerry and is also a Basketball international. One of three Kerry women who are UCD Ladies Legends but I will tell you more about them another time.
    Last edited by CollegeTillIDie; 12/01/2005 at 7:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeTillIDie
    If it gets that damned Tallaght Stadium(a.k.a Glenmalure Park II) built, then so be it. It is about time that the historically most successful club in the country ceased to be a shower of itinerants!

The answer to my question is Carmel Kissane , striker of the all conquering UCD Ladies team. Comes from Lisselton , Co. Kerry and is also a Basketball international. One of three Kerry women who are UCD Ladies Legends but I will tell you more about them another time.
    Thanks for the answer. My embarrassment is compounded by the fact that I actually went to school with Carmel. As you say we'll talk about it again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wink

Has anyone heard anything further about Noel Mooney's possible move to Lims?
    We didn't get Purcell, so I hope we don't let Mooney get away as well.
    Last edited by Kerry Blue; 16/01/2005 at 12:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Am I the only one in thinking we don't need to sign a new keeper? I'd take Fyffe as my number one any day, and Healy is a fine substitute to have (so long as the oposing team don't put any crosses into the box). Wouldn't be surprised to see Fyffe leave the club if Mooney signs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

ur not alone

no id say your not alone in that regard. As i said further up the tread, I think Jimmy and John are ample cover for the first division. Jimmy sitting on the bench? with John AKA clubman of the year been shown the door? Jimmy (the best keeper in the division IMO) wont hang about.
    Last edited by gael353; 16/01/2005 at 5:48 PM. Reason: mistake by moi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353
    no id say your not alone in that regard. As i said further up the tread, I think Jimmy and John are ample cover for the first division. Jimmy sitting on the bench? with John AKA clubman of the year been shown the door? Jimmy (the best keeper in the division IMO) wont hang about.
    Not sure I agree. This has a lot to do with ambition. Are the two better than Noel Mooney - probably not - particularly when experience is taken into consideration. I hope Jimmy stays - he is better than John - but when a class keeper becomes available you sign him. You don't settle for what you have if better is available.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

jimmy for me

But thats the thing i think Jimmy is better then Noel. He may have moe experience at playing at prem football but id rate him alongside John, Jimmy is streets ahead. You wont see Noel going top corner like Jimmy can, rem the pen shoot out with cobh in the cup, even the cobh guys could'nt belive the saves he made. My money would be on Jimmy and will he walk if left on the bench? Where ever Kerley ends up thats where Jimmy could follow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast