Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Farewell to a legend

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldini98
    'true legend' - Yeah of course he is, COP ON, hes the most over rated injury prone midfielder Spurs have ever had (apart from Anderton)

'memories' - Really? He did knack all with the Yidos so I don't know what memories you're talking about mate !!! well except getting booked most weeks because he's now too slow.

On the other hand we all know hes a sound bloke and his wife is bleedin' massive
    Wouldnt expect you to understand Aldini98. Jamie Redknapp is a true legend.
    If he hadnt had so many injuries to deal with, he would have been a great player. Can even remember him last season against his old club Liverpool. He was the best player on the park, bar none.
    "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe." Dillo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I support Spurs and Redknapp is no where near been a spurs legend. There is more to been a legend than a few good games and been a nice blocke. Spurs legends are Steve perryman. Chris Hughton, Jimmy Greaves. Danny Blanchflower, Dave Mackay, Gary Mabbut, Glen Hoddle, Chris Waddle, Ossie Ardiles, Ray Clemence

Ledley King, Jermain Defoe, and Robbie Keane have the potential to be Spurs legends too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD
    I support Spurs and Redknapp is no where near been a spurs legend. There is more to been a legend than a few good games and been a nice blocke. Spurs legends are Steve perryman. Chris Hughton, Jimmy Greaves. Danny Blanchflower, Dave Mackay, Gary Mabbut, Glen Hoddle, Chris Waddle, Ossie Ardiles, Ray Clemence

Ledley King, Jermain Defoe, and Robbie Keane have the potential to be Spurs legends too.
    no fat geordie i see

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The only spurs legends i can think of are Christian Gross, George Graham and the white hart lane stadium announcer in the littlewoods cup semi final vs Arsenal who announced that tickets for the final would be on sale from the following Wednesday - he obviously meant for Arsenal fans!

In all seriousness, think Redknapp is a lovely guy and smashing player but hardly a Spurs Legend. I think the likes of Nicholson, Gazza, Hoddle, Perryman, Greaves et al are far more deserving of that title but there is no doubt that whereever Redknapp has been he has been a very loyal club man.
    Foot.ie - NFL Fantasy Football Champion, 2006!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD

Glad to see Gary Mabbut mentioned - one of the most honest to goodness reliable players Spurs ever had, and a gentleman to boot. He played for years for them though a diabetic I seem to remember. Often forgotten in these days of club-hopping.
    That question was less stupid, though you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

Help me, Arthur Murphy, you're my only hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge
    I bow to no one. bar Bluebeard and Mr A

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Maybe Paul Gascogine should be included as he was great during the Cup run of 91 but they he decided to make an arse of himself in the Final. Legend is a title which shoudl be hard to come by. I could have put Lineker down but I think to qualify as a legend you need duration of service, quality and passion for the shirt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12