Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 8 of 111 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Andy Reid(b 1982)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    I'm a big fan of Reidy, he was outstanding for Forest and I'm confident he can make an impact in the PL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Great move for him. Hopefully Dowie see's him as a central midfielder as we're fine for left wingers atm.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Andy Reid starts for Charlton

Looks like Andy Reid got off to a good start for Charlton against Bolton. Anyone see the match? The match reports have him playing well.

Could this be a new beginning?
    There is no such thing as a miracle cure, a free lunch or a humble opinion.

Dublin or lost in a backwater called England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergie's Son View Post
    Looks like Andy Reid got off to a good start for Charlton against Bolton. Anyone see the match? The match reports have him playing well.

Could this be a new beginning?
    me!!

Ive got a season ticket at charlton, was really pleased when they signed him curbishley was looking at him before tottenham signed him and i was gutted when we missed out.

Dowie said today in his program notes that reid was top of his list of transfer targets, he played really well today dispite being about a week from full fitness.

He set up one of bent's goals and his passing and distribution were spot on, only down side was that as he's still fitting in he had difficulty getting the ball off the others even though he was in some good positions.

He took most of the corners and a couple of free kicks, and even argued with hasslebank for one of them (didnt win on this occasion). Unfortunately he didnt finish the game and came off with a calf strain i think, but he got a standing ovation as he came off and supprised quite a few people.

Think he's a great signing for charlton and cant wait to see him once he's settled in more.
    'It's not because I'm uncouth, it's because I'm Irish. The English language is a wall between you and me and f**k is my chisel.' - Tommy Tiernan

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    Whatever about him starting, if he's fit it simply defies belief that he's not in our 23 man squad for Stuttgart.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon'o View Post
    Unfortunately he didnt finish the game and came off with a calf strain i think, but he got a standing ovation as he came off and supprised quite a few people.
    I wouldn't say "unfortunately". It's a very good sign if a manager takes you off on your fulldebut with a couple of minutes left. Managers will do it if the player played well to let the crowd show how much they appreciate him. Strachan does it all the time (Nakamura, Miller). A lot of Celtic fans were shocked when they seen no changes to the team at half time but 3 minutes into the half he brough Hesselink on for his debut and he got a huge roar. It can only help the players.

Where did he play btw? I assume left wing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    Where did he play btw? I assume left wing?
    Yeah he played on the left, though he did play inside for a while before he came off too
    'It's not because I'm uncouth, it's because I'm Irish. The English language is a wall between you and me and f**k is my chisel.' - Tommy Tiernan

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    dispite being about a week from full fitness.
    that's an improvement!

(sorry, i had to say it)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Still though he isnt as good as Newcastles 3rd choice left winger according to Stan!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brine3 View Post
    that's an improvement!

(sorry, i had to say it)
    Someone i sit with said that! pies were mentioned too at some point

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Whatever about him starting, if he's fit it simply defies belief that he's not in our 23 man squad for Stuttgart.

Totally agree, the one midfielder who can pass the ball & split a defence. How he can be left out of the squad when we can accomodate Douglas (mind you decent showing against Holland), Kavanagh and O'Brien does defy belief.

I sense an unreasonable burden may be placed on McGeady's young shoulders.

Surely he will still call him up !

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    It is unbelievable he is not in the squad. I really hope this isn't Stan showing how tough he is! Or worse just not bothering to find out if Reid is fit to play.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelys Guitar View Post
    It is unbelievable he is not in the squad. I really hope this isn't Stan showing how tough he is! Or worse just not bothering to find out if Reid is fit to play.
    WTF..He's not match fit, but he's one of our best players nad 7 days till the game, even at 70% he gives us twice as much as Miller....Stan's starting to look more and more like a Muppet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Any mention of any dropouts from squad that might allow Reid to get in? There's no doubt he should be there in the first place!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scram View Post
    WTF..He's not match fit, but he's one of our best players nad 7 days till the game, even at 70% he gives us twice as much as Miller....Stan's starting to look more and more like a Muppet.
    I didn't say he was match fit! I said fit to play. Which he is after he played today.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    On Match of the Day he went off with his boots off and appeared to be limping. Hope he is OK. He needs a run in the team and will get it based on the highlights anyway.

If Andy reid is not in our best 23 players then the squad must be a hell of alot stronger than anyone else thinks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    See, what I dont get is how everyone here loathes the fact the Andy Reid played well in the EPL yesterday, and isnt in the squad, while David Connolly and Lee Carsley played equally as well, if not better, and everyone just turns the other cheek. Im not saying Im against Andy Reid, he has my full backing to get into the squad too, as I watched the Charlton match and he did play quite well, but so did those other two. Alan O'Brien, while he did play well last match against Holland, didnt even crack the Newcastle squad...and Clinton Morrison, though he is quite good, is a sub in the CCC. Oh well, I bet Andy Reid will be in the squad for Cyprus and the Czechs, not sure about the other two though
    Last edited by theworm2345; 27/08/2006 at 5:09 PM.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Carsley & Connolly are rubbish. Anyway Carsley is retired.

Reid played 89 minutes yesterday so was probably exhausted as been long time since he played a full game.

Amazed that a kid like O'Brien so is not on the Newcastle bench is ahead of Reid in the irish squad.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    Carsley & Connolly are rubbish. Anyway Carsley is retired.

Reid played 89 minutes yesterday so was probably exhausted as been long time since he played a full game.

Amazed that a kid like O'Brien so is not on the Newcastle bench is ahead of Reid in the irish squad.
    Not true, Carsley came out of retirement, and played well for Everton yesterday, and Connolly also played very well for Wigan, couldve had 4, 5 assists, and wouldve scored if he wasnt called offside (he wasnt). But thats your (And pretty much everyone elses) opinion.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Carsley offers nothing different that O'Shea, Kavanagh, Reid or Kilbane offer in a defensive midfield role. He is too limited for international football. Like Carr he should have stayed retired.

Connolly scored a meer 9 goals in 41 appearances. He scored a hattrick against Liechtenstein which makes it 6 goals in the other 40 which is 1 goal every 6-7 games. I can not remember a goal of any significance that he scored. He got sent off in a vital playoff & missed a crucial penalty in the world cup.

Theres is a reason everything including previous & current manager don't rate Connolly.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Page 8 of 111 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast