Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Youth Development/ Coaching etc etc..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Mod modding

Quote Originally Posted by livehead1
    i think we just jst ignore pablo cos hes a bit of a fag...ur name aint even irish...!
    Now now Livehead, attack the post but not the poster...

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mods, mods, we are the mods! Mods, mods, we are the mods!

Quote Originally Posted by Plastic Paddy
    Now now Livehead, attack the post but not the poster...

PP
    You are indeed a wise and benign one, Paddy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by livehead1
    i think we just jst ignore pablo cos hes a bit of a fag...ur name aint even irish...! what ya need to realise is when you come out with comments like that there are many people making valuable contributions to this forum who are 2nd or 3rd generation irish, some of whom aint irish but enjoy watching our national team
    keep the name calling up and you wont last too long around here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    and as for the rest of you....i am entitled to my opinion. and how anyone can support theses mercenaries is beyond me.

Do i cheer when Morrisson scores? ask the lads that were next to me on the North Terrace against Cyprus

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo
    and as for the rest of you....i am entitled to my opinion. and how anyone can support theses mercenaries is beyond me.

Do i cheer when Morrisson scores? ask the lads that were next to me on the North Terrace against Cyprus
    Of course you are entitled to an opinion Pablo. Everyone is but we are simply saying that you need to be more open-minded. I dont hear you giving out coz your fellow Cork man is too good to turn up for every second Ireland game. At least Morrison always turns up and puts Ireland first. Hardly the definition of a mercenary. Genuine Ireland supporters will support the team, no matter who is playing. It shouldnt matter who scores the goals.
    "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe." Dillo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJamaicanP.M.
    Of course you are entitled to an opinion Pablo. Everyone is but we are simply saying that you need to be more open-minded. I dont hear you giving out coz your fellow Cork man is too good to turn up for every second Ireland game. At least Morrison always turns up and puts Ireland first. Hardly the definition of a mercenary. Genuine Ireland supporters will support the team, no matter who is playing. It shouldnt matter who scores the goals.
    Roy Keane? he's a cnut and isnt fit to wear the green jersey. is that ok for you?

our country is too good to be diluted by mercenaries thats my point

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Roy Keane? he's a cnut and isnt fit to wear the green jersey. is that ok for you?

our country is too good to be diluted by mercenaries thats my point

"country"? dont you mean "team"? this IS a football forum, after all.....

Did we witness a Freudian slip revealing the aul' shaved head & straight arm salute there pablo?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyJane
    "country"? dont you mean "team"? this IS a football forum, after all.....

Did we witness a Freudian slip revealing the aul' shaved head & straight arm salute there pablo?
    not at all. are people deliberately missing the point? for a club team it doesn't matter where you are from but for a NATIONAL team your supposed to be representing the country of your birth.

i guess the fact that most ireland fans are not proper football supporters i.e. armchair sky sports watchers, means they dont understand this

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    not at all. are people deliberately missing the point? for a club team it doesn't matter where you are from but for a NATIONAL team your supposed to be representing the country of your birth.

i guess the fact that most ireland fans are not proper football supporters i.e. armchair sky sports watchers, means they dont understand this
    Here comes the old "I am an Eircom League supporter, better than all those armchair fans, deserving of tickets to every home game, yet too good to get involved in the atmospher when I do go" rant. Give it a break. Im an Ireland fan and I dont have any problem with anyone who genuinely wants to play for Ireland. Kevin Kilbane was born and bred in England yet I think he is more Irish than any player in our team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJamaicanP.M.
    Here comes the old "I am an Eircom League supporter, better than all those armchair fans, deserving of tickets to every home game, yet too good to get involved in the atmospher when I do go" rant. Give it a break. Im an Ireland fan and I dont have any problem with anyone who genuinely wants to play for Ireland. Kevin Kilbane was born and bred in England yet I think he is more Irish than any player in our team.
    take the blinkers off will ya. Kevin Kilbane has a genuine irish heritage and therfore i've no problem with him

its guys that have represented other countries i.e. andy o brien or Macken and indeed Morrisson who only chose ireland as a last resort that i cant stand

can anyone see my point or are you all thick?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Pablo - I've just done an advanced search of all your posts in this forum and the majority of them are to do with whether someone is Irish enough to play for us.

great to see "Irish" players scoring. great stuff
    are you for real corner
    fcuk another brit in our team
    theres plenty of irish player. maybe not as good . but we wouldnt be watering down our irishness then.

i'd prefer to loose games with our own than a hollow victory inspired by some foreigner
    when a scotsman scored for ireland? the man who says he supports scotland to this day?

yeah just like that
    and why dont they support their own country? if an irish person supported a foreign national team we'd have him commited
    i belive you are irish if you are irish born or of genuine Irish decent. macken played for England at u21 level for christsake
    i'm sick of this. the likes of Morrison and Macken can burn in hell
    thats exactly why the likes of morrison and macken and knight should be told to fcuk off
    what a stupid arguement. being irish means a lot to me and to see any old donkey with even the merest connection to my great country pulling on a green shirt when they couldnt get a game any where else sickens me to the core

Sure he's one for the future

He's English isn't he?
    i'd prefer to have an all Irish team and be hammered(though we wouldnt be) than have a return to Charltons Mercenary days.

One of the reasons i cant get into supporting ireland (with passion i mean) is this granny rule caper.

As much as i dislike Shels Jason Byrne should have got the call
    thats another thing there is no country called "the republic" last time i checked............spot the mercenary when you hear this
    Didnt Andy O'Brien play u21 for Ingerland?
    i wasnt sure myself but it was in the back of my mind. IMO he shouldnt then have played for Ireland

Just my opinion
    First of all, that was just 5 minutes work. They are your posts since the 28th August. The reason I posted them is because you actually only posted in 4 topics with posts that hadn't anything to do with whether someone was Irish enough.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with some of what you say but is there nothing else of interest to talk about?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Pablo - On your last post there. I am 1 million per cent sure that O'Brien considers himself Irish. I'm not going to elaberate as I have done on numerous occasions so just leave his name out. I suppose, if he was as good as Nesta his name wouldn't even cross your mind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    i give up. let ye all go back to loving your Brittish Clubs and your Brittish players and i'll content myself with supporting all things Irish

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Great work Eirebhoy. Looks like Peadar has an axe to grind. I much prefer when he talks about hair products and grooming in Off Topic. At least he talks sense in those forums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy
    Pablo - On your last post there. I am 1 million per cent sure that O'Brien considers himself Irish. I'm not going to elaberate as I have done on numerous occasions so just leave his name out. I suppose, if he was as good as Nesta his name wouldn't even cross your mind.
    he played U21 for England!!!!! he only @realised he was Irish when a senior English cap didnt arrive

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i give up. let ye all go back to loving your Brittish Clubs and your Brittish players and i'll content myself with supporting all things Irish
    Like Neale Fenn. If I was to argue in the same way as you, I would suggest that Fenn only chose to play for the Irish underage teams because he couldnt get near the English set-up. But then again, I suppose it doesnt matter with club players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    he played U21 for England!!!!! he only @realised he was Irish when a senior English cap didnt arrive
    Again, I'm not going routing for his quotes but he played for the England U-21's at the age of 19 when he was first choice for his club and really highly rated. He got a second callup a couple of months later but at the same time got a callup to the Irish U-21's. If you think a 19 year old would turn down an England U-21 cap if he regarded himself English there's something wrong upstairs. Actually, here's a quote:

I only played [For England] against France because it was a friendly and there was pressure from the club's point of view because they think it's more prestigious to play for England than for Ireland."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Of course you are entitled to your opinion Pablo, Just as many here are entitled to hold the opinion that being displeased when Ireland win because the goalscorer doesnt fit the required "approved level of Irishness" criteria is frankly bizarre.

Of course I'm pleased and proud when the Irish team play well, but when push comes to shove, It wouldn't matter to me if the winner is scored by a 3 legged dog banging the ball in with his a*se.

It just seems however, that the response will be something along the lines of "I'm a real fan and your not, so there". and I cant be bothered with that tripe to be honest.

(p.s. If youre ever in Dublin, make sure and look suitably unimpressed if you have to use Connolly station. He wasn't a real patriot, he was Scottish.....)
    On the way into the stadium, an elderly San Marino Steward waved us in and said "Tonight, may the best team win"

And they nearly did.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    A few years ago the Cayman Islands were offering 50 grand to any decent players who would play for them in the WC Qualifiers. Any UK born plaer qualified to play for them and a few league players took up the offer and played for them. Now let's say they offered 1 million per game, and got the best uncapped players in the world to play for them and (exagerrating to make the point here) they won the world cup. Where would the glory be in that?
    When Belgium beat Ireland in the WC Qualifier in 1997 the goals that put us out were scored by a Brazilian (Oliveira) and a Croatian (Nilis - I think he was Croatian, certainly not Belgian).
    In Athletics, some countries are offering huge grants to entice top athletes to declare for them. O'Donoghue could claim all the credit he liked for increasing Ireland's Olympic medal count if he did the same. But what would have been achieved?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Normally I'd be in like a shot with Pablo (so too would PP, Sylvo, Pat O'Banton, etc) but while I can't speak for others, I share a certain sympathy with some of what he says. He's already said in other posts that it isn't the birthplace of the player that concerns him but the way they accept their call-up. The 'i belive you are irish if you are irish born or of genuine Irish decent' rules out the Connolly Station remark by Bondvillain because I take it as also including all non-Irish born players that are keen to play for Ireland and consider themselves Irish in Pablo's criteria for being Irish. I am concerned by the word 'genuine' which may exclude those 'half-breeds' (Copyright Davros) like myself and the little Buddha himself, aswell as Irish players like Chris Hughton, Paul McGrath and Curtis Flemming. But perhaps I'm imitating the great Viennese Coke snorter too much here.

However, look around at our rivals. They either take advantage of the vulnerability of 2G immigrants - some, just like the way the Irish in Britain were treated just 15 years ago, are people that many of the natives believe are subhuman - into pushing them into the teams (this is well documented both here and the Irish community press in Britain) of their birthplace that they often feel little (or in my case, nothing) for. Or they fast-track any suitably qualified immigrant to citizenship (e.g. The Ghanaian that played for Germany who I keep forgetting his name) while those that have made a real contribution to their new country, are denied any access to citizenship, and so too are their own children who were born there.

The point is Pablo, most of the players you talk about qualify for Irish citizenship, but all come from mixed parentage (Most, because I'm not 100% sure about O'Brien but I thought his mother was English). The Irish government did not given them any preferential treatment over any other Joe. I would agree that some are not Irish (E.g. Andy Townsend definitely) which may offend some people here, but take it from me, my son who is only 1/4 Spanish, is still proud of this side of his identity (as shown when he wound up his mixed Irish/English schoolmates after the recent Madrid game) even though he wouldn't consider himself Spanish and nor would anyone else. To dismiss these players is not only cutting off your nose to spite your face, but also insulting, almost to a fascistic degree with references - that you refuse to celebrate a Morrisson goal - that are offensive to most Irish fans.
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast