Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fixtures Weekend April 3rd-5th

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shep View Post
    and the defence looked a bit disjointed after Garts went off at the break.
    I actually thought Gartland was poor enough in the first half. Clarke had him easily beaten for pace and caused him trouble at times. I guessed that was why he went off, but maybe he was injured.

As for us, we kept trying and finally created something more than a half-chance. Dundalk seemed happy to sit back and see it out at 1-0. Great great feeling to get a point, and good motivation going into the Bray game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    I actually thought Gartland was poor enough in the first half. Clarke had him easily beaten for pace and caused him trouble at times. I guessed that was why he went off, but maybe he was injured.

As for us, we kept trying and finally created something more than a half-chance. Dundalk seemed happy to sit back and see it out at 1-0. Great great feeling to get a point, and good motivation going into the Bray game.
    I think Gartland had Flu all week,anyway Limerick were fully deserving of the point and although we weren't at our best I think you showed enough to suggest you will be more than capable of beating the drop

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    Shocking pitch in Longford tonight as well.
    You're easily shocked. Pitch isn't that bad and will be a lot better within a month or so.

Pats still got their passing game going, so don't be blaming the pitch. Remember ye have James Chambers playing centre mid, so you're not some team of amazing 'ballers yourselves.
    Last edited by hollocaine; 05/04/2015 at 10:27 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    389 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donnrua View Post
    Sligo are going to have to score at least 2 goals to win a game with Folan/Dykes playing in defence. Sam Oji made Folan look semi-decent for a season and a half. I was very surprised when Sligo signed him - better suited to the 1st division imo.
    Folan was signed as backup to Peers and Henderson. The way our keeper and whole defence is going we'll need to score more than 2 to win a game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Backup for Gavin Peers?

Were ye planning on breaking his two legs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hollocaine View Post
    You're easily shocked. Pitch isn't that bad and will be a lot better within a month or so.

Pats still got their passing game going, so don't be blaming the pitch. Remember ye have James Chambers playing centre mid, so you're not some team of amazing 'ballers yourselves.
    Just to be clear, I'm not blaming the pitch for us not winning, it was a very enjoyable game, both teams dealt with it well. I thought Longfords front men were excellent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    Just to be clear, I'm not blaming the pitch for us not winning, it was a very enjoyable game, both teams dealt with it well. I thought Longfords front men were excellent.
    Yeah, both were superb. As was Fagan in a completely different way. Enjoyable game

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    I've given my thoughts on the game earlier in the thread but I just have to say it's great to be back in the Premier Division. The best players in the country, large away crowds, and importantly we're holding our own so far.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    I'd like to echo what Longfordian said above. It really is great to be back & as a few people pointed out after the game, if we're disappointed about only drawing with Pats then we're not doing too bad.

A draw was probably fair in the end. Some of the football Pats played going forward was a joy to watch, but we always looked threatening when we went forward ourselves. Both teams could have won it in the end and it was a shame to see Ben Mohamed's rocket come back off the bar in injury time.

I think Forrester's goal last night is my favourite goal ever scored by an opposition player. The deftness of the touch over Hunt was absolutely outstanding.

10. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    gutted couldnt make the game last nite. wont be at league cup game tuesday either! lookin forward to seein the goals on monday! very happy with our start who would believe it we are six clear of Sligo? now thats a club in crisis!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    gutted couldnt make the game last nite. wont be at league cup game tuesday either! lookin forward to seein the goals on monday! very happy with our start who would believe it we are six clear of Sligo? now thats a club in crisis!
    I know how you feel I was gutted to miss our game the other night too and will miss our game in Waterford tomorrow too.. I'm happy to see ye doing well and I believe ye will stay up comfortably this year.. I'm very much looking forward to hosting yourselves in a few weeks time and also visiting CCS for the first time in June

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    389 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    Backup for Gavin Peers?

Were ye planning on breaking his two legs
    What are you on about?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    I'll be straight up with you I havent a clue.

I'd have another go at making that point if I could remember what twas.

Folan is ****e lol, somethin like that

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Thought the pitch was ok myself - nothing at the match made me think it was in poor condition anyway.

Hopefully Don is ok - he's really stepped it up this year, as have a couple of others that I would've been concerned about. One or two are looking like they might not be up to it, but its marginal, which is positive.

As for the game, we had the chances to kill it off at 2-1, but didn't take them. It was a great open game, before Pats equalised. After they did, they snapped straight back into a solid shape/ formation, and could've won it from there really. Great to be up, and at least not being totally outclassed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MeathDrog View Post
    Was it not the case where both Prendergast and the left back got a bit of the man, with Prendergast making the first bit of contact.
    And I was right.

Bohs fans owe the ref an apology.
    You've got no fans.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    . Sour note for us was Don Cowan going off with what looked a bad injury.
    If i were a longford fan, the bigger sour note for me would be that Powell didnt go off injured. Does he always look that useless and clueless ???

Seriously entertaining game. I dont mean to do an oriel park on it, but the pitch was really poor, is that a regular occurence ?
    we did our very best to give Longford as a big a headstart as possible in the first half.
    Longford played a smart game against us and pressed hard and put us under pressure. The few times we got our passing game going you could see the gap between the two teams, but longford will be fine this year anyway.
    Stephen rice is still a horrible knacker.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MeathDrog View Post
    And I was right.

Bohs fans owe the ref an apology.
    When there was controversy in the EPL a few weeks ago over mistaken identity, many pundits said that the ref should have known something was wrong by the reactions of the players. In the Bohs incident, Prendergast seems to be trying to use that to get his mate booked instead of him to avoid the red. He should get an extra game ban for that the snake. Fair play to the ref for getting it spot on.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Really enjoyable game in the CCS didn't have a major issues with the pitch on par with others around the league at this time of the year , we were awful in the first half but scored fantastic goals to get back in it , longford nearly gave me a heart attack with the effort in stoppage time , they should be ok this season for midtable as for ourselves it's still in the balance if we gel we will be a hard to team to beat if.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    [QUOTE=D24Saint;1812873as for ourselves it's still in the balance if we gel we will be a hard to team to beat if.[/QUOTE]

I think the key for Pats is having defensive consistency. Get our first choice back five playing regularly and we'll be grand. That's what killed us last year. Attack wise I think we're absolutely fine. Would prefer Fahey to have stayed, but c'est la vie.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Pitch is usually good. I'd imagine it will be again when there's been a bit more growth and less rain. I didn't think it was that bad to be honest, just not as good as it usually is.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast