Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fixtures Weekend April 3rd-5th

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Tallaght would be up there with the worst I'd say. It's never been great but it's really poor this year. The grass is really thin.
    Shocking pitch in Longford tonight as well.

Really enjoyable game, not sure how it only ended 2-2, I hope Cowan is ok he absolutely tore us apart tonight, same trick every time but very effective.

Longford look dangerous going forward but poor at the back, poor Conor Powell isn't a footballer at all.

We haven't really got going yet this season, we need a big performance and win like the 2-0 win against Sligo in 2013 which kick started our season. Cork in Richmond on Friday would be a start

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Just on the subject of pitches,decent surface in Jackman tonight,will improve as the weather picks up.
    Last edited by Dunny; 04/04/2015 at 10:49 PM.
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    The late equalizer couldnt disguise the woeful performance of dave mckeon. Booked 5 limerick players (3) for 50/50 challenges and gave countless wrong decisions.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    Shocking pitch in Longford tonight as well.

Really enjoyable game, not sure how it only ended 2-2, I hope Cowan is ok he absolutely tore us apart tonight, same trick every time but very effective.

Longford look dangerous going forward but poor at the back, poor Conor Powell isn't a footballer at all.

We haven't really got going yet this season, we need a big performance and win like the 2-0 win against Sligo in 2013 which kick started our season. Cork in Richmond on Friday would be a start
    Really? I thought it looked OK when Rovers played there a couple of weeks back.

What happened to Cowan? He ripped Luke Byrne apart for half an hour against us with raw pace, but Luke figured him out in the end. He is phenomenally fast - I hope it's not his knee again.

Powell has been emptied as a footballer since he went to England. He was actually a really good player once. Speaking of left backs, who are you going to play there against Cork with Bermo out? You're already carrying a midfielder at right back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Really? I thought it looked OK when Rovers played there a couple of weeks back.

What happened to Cowan? He ripped Luke Byrne apart for half an hour against us with raw pace, but Luke figured him out in the end. He is phenomenally fast - I hope it's not his knee again.

Powell has been emptied as a footballer since he went to England. He was actually a really good player once. Speaking of left backs, who are you going to play there against Cork with Bermo out? You're already carrying a midfielder at right back.
    Greene or Desmond will play left back, we've loads of cover there this season. Greene along with Bolger has probably been our best player so far this season.

Ger O'Brien played 65 minutes tonight so hopefully he's ok for Friday.

Our probably is in centre midfielder, Brennan suspended, Chambers not great and Forrester still does better out wide.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Pitch wasn't great but it'll improve when the weather picks up. It's usually a good surface. I'd be very concerned about Don I think it might be his knee. Such a shame if he's out long term as he was looking sharper than ever this year and destroyed Bermingham for the two yellow cards.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I was surprised Chambers played right back instead of Greene against Derry (even though he's left footed) but it seemed to work out well.

Really hope it's not Don's knee. I've always liked him as a player.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    Greene or Desmond will play left back, we've loads of cover there this season. Greene along with Bolger has probably been our best player so far this season.

Ger O'Brien played 65 minutes tonight so hopefully he's ok for Friday.

Our probably is in centre midfielder, Brennan suspended, Chambers not great and Forrester still does better out wide.
    As far as I know, Brennan will see out his suspension, and Bermo will serve his, in the EA Sports Cup game v Crumlin on Tuesday, so both will be available for the Cork game.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    St Pats were really good against Longford, they played some lovely football, thier first goal was just brilliant, passing and moving at it's best, I'm surprised it was a draw, I thought they were going to win it, Paul Hunt was man of the match for me pulled off some great saves for De Town

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    However looking back, the sacking of barraclough was just bizarre
    No it wasn't, just because Heary's reign has started poorly doesn't mean getting rid of Baraclough wasn't the right decision, it was.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

11. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Agree that Pats played some great stuff but didn't think Hunt did much out of the ordinary, not to say that he wasn't solid. Davy O'Sullivan missed some great chances, snatched at them a bit. We'll be entertaining if we keep playing like that but as teams get to know us the better sides will punish us for the fragility at the back. The pace of the game in the Premier is a lot quicker and we've got experience but not much pace at the back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsdad View Post
    As far as I know, Brennan will see out his suspension, and Bermo will serve his, in the EA Sports Cup game v Crumlin on Tuesday, so both will be available for the Cork game.
    No, you're suspended for whatever competition you were red-carded in, unless you're no longer in that competition. So if you get a red card in the EA Cup and get knocked out, it carries back to the league, but not vice versa.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    The pace of the game in the Premier is a lot quicker and we've got experience but not much pace at the back.
    From my point of view and for what it's worth, i actually enjoyed watching Christy Fagan's ability on the ball as he made the equaliser tonight. Not like anything you see in the first division.

15. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Don was walking after the game. He was prob just stretchered off because he was knackered......but main thing is he was walking unassisted after the game!

17. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sorbothegreek View Post
    From my point of view and for what it's worth, i actually enjoyed watching Christy Fagan's ability on the ball as he made the equaliser tonight. Not like anything you see in the first division.
    Yep good point. Pats have some serious "ballers" in fairness. It's a big step up.

Town Legend that's good news hopefully he's OK.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Just on the subject of pitches,decent surface in Jackman tonight,will improve as the weather picks up.
    Did you have a proper look? The pitch was cat though not an accuse for our performance and the attempt at the floodlights was laughable. It would have been better with a few car headlights on the sidelines.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Did you have a proper look? The pitch was cat though not an accuse for our performance and the attempt at the floodlights was laughable. It would have been better with a few car headlights on the sidelines.
    A few crisps and minerals would have helped too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    A few crisps and minerals would have helped too.
    Feck ya, you've seen through to my true complaint!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Thought it was decent tbh.It was flat and not bobbley.Better than Dayler and wayyy better than the Brandywell.Maybe i've started at a low level for comparing like for like at loi grounds but defo thought it was decent.Didnt notice anything with the floodlights either but then again i'm half blind anyway.
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Was disappointing to concede so late when it looked like we had weathered the storm in terms of pressure and half chances from Limerick.We never looked like adding to our lead in the 2nd half and the defence looked a bit disjointed after Garts went off at the break.Two points dropped but maybe a well needed reality check for some(myself included) .is there any Dundalk fan who wouldn't have bitten your hand off for this start to the season??So let's be happy and go and stuff the Drogs on Friday and set up a mouthwatering game in Tallaght Friday week.

Pats having another poor start to the season...that's what cost them last season and their draw with Longford was at least some consolation that they didn't close the gap on us

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast