Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dan Murray might be on his way

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Dan Murray might be on his way

I've heard from an EXTREMELY reliable internal source that Bohs have been in contact several times with Dan Murray.

Make of it what you will.

thecorner
    Quote Originally Posted by anti dub
    I've heard from an EXTREMELY reliable internal source that Bohs have been in contact several times with Dan Murray.

Make of it what you will.

well he hasnt been offered a contract and lets face it he hasnt been setting the world alight with his performances either

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    going on his performances in the past season how big a loss would he be?
    the only issue i have with it is the obvious lack of cover at centre half, if dolan hasn't offered him a new contract he must have good reason behind it and he possibly has 1 or 2 new centre halfs in mind, time will tell i suppose!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    An ok player but there is better out there, if he does stay he should be stripped of the captaincy.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    An ok player but there is better out there, if he does stay he should be stripped of the captaincy.
    totally agree, not captain material. personally i feel he his a donkey. wat is he 22 and he can barely run, no acceleration!?!??!! benno is a far superior player imo

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    yeah if he stays definatly stripped of captaincy he's not vocal enough at all!
    any way there are better players and hopefully dolan will get a few in city shirts come the start of next season

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dan..

I have it from an extremely reliable source that City are going to sign at least one if not two defenders during close season.So this Dan Murray story might be true.In my own opinion i dont think he is great.Hot and cold player that gives away lots of possesion.Also isnt Derek Coughlan back next season?...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Dont ya just love these "reliable" sources??

City have the second best defensive record for the 2004 season yet everyone wants to get rid of murray? WTF? Dan's performances of late have been impressive, especially against Bohs and Drogheda when Benno was sent off.

Getting rid of Murray would be a terrible mistake.

And i have it from a "reliable source" that Dan's due to sign a new contract within the next week.
    Whatever it was I am sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ruairi...I dont see where people are saying that they want to get rid of Dan..i think people are just been critical of his performances and rightly so..he has been poor..and so what if City have one of the best defensive records in the league?..the club will always be on the look-out to improve the team and there is no doubt Dan Murray is one of the players under threat and you should know that yourself from going to matches and listening to a LOT of fans commets on here..

And also some people do hear rumours from reliable sources such as players and staff which i am sure they are unable to name..would it look good to say Colin O Brien told me yesterday Dan is leaving and i think there are two defenders on the way?..i dont think so..so some sources have truth in them and isnt that what this forum is about and what makes it interesting??

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedX
    Also isnt Derek Coughlan back next season?...
    TBH, i don't think Derek was amazing either when we saw him return season before last. Dan is a lot younger, and hasn't been as bad as people are making out. Granted, Benno is better, but they seem to work well together, why change it?

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Dan needs to lose some weight, and shape up. He is one of the better defenders in the league on his day, but he just hasn't performed this season bar a few games. Give him a contract, but sign another centre half or two and keep the pressure on

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jofyisgod
    TBH, i don't think Derek was amazing either when we saw him return season before last. Dan is a lot younger, and hasn't been as bad as people are making out. Granted, Benno is better, but they seem to work well together, why change it?
    I think what City need is a mixture of both Dan and Derek..Dan is good on the ball at times and good going forward..Derek is very strong and very good at set pieces..in my opinion whoever comes in at centre half will partner Alan Bennett and i presume he could be a player that is experienced in eircom league football..not sure who it could be yet though..i think top teams always need at least one big strong vocal centre half and thats something we dont have..also i do agree that Dan is not that bad but i do think we could get better..

b_mcsweeney
    dan was in disappointing form, especially during the middle of the season. not that he was playing terrible (tho sometimes he was), but u just knew he could and had done so much better. it was a puzzler. i thought he had a stormer gainst bohs tho last friday, showed the player he can be. end of the day, as said earlier, city had a good defensive record this year which has to be at least partly attributable to dan. i wouldn't mind seeing him get a new contract, still think we need one more centre half tho, even if he stays.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Dan needs to lose some weight, and shape up. He is one of the better defenders in the league on his day, but he just hasn't performed this season bar a few games. Give him a contract, but sign another centre half or two and keep the pressure on

dats it exactly spot on if he shaped up he mitent b half as bad
    George O Callaghan=Legend

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Iin my opinion whoever comes in at centre half will partner Alan Bennett
    agreed. Benno is a class act.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Éanna
    agreed. Benno is a class act.
    An interesting comment from Brian Lennox in his post-match interview was that he seems quiet clear that we only need one player...he did not say maybe one or two but just one..so there is obviously one certain position that Brian Lennox thinks we should strenghten..i am persuming either centre half or right side of midfield..we are good enough everywhere else...i have a feeling that whichever player we sign this close season there very well could be a fee involved and he will be a very good player with experience..i would be happy with a centre half and a right midfielder..we definetly dont need anyone else..

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    An interesting comment from Brian Lennox in his post-match interview was that he seems quiet clear that we only need one player...he did not say maybe one or two but just one..so there is obviously one certain position that Brian Lennox thinks we should strenghten..i am persuming either centre half or right side of midfield..we are good enough everywhere else...i have a feeling that whichever player we sign this close season there very well could be a fee involved and he will be a very good player with experience..i would be happy with a centre half and a right midfielder..we definetly dont need anyone else..
    I think we definitely need a centre half AND a right-sided midfielder. We don't have any cover at centre half and Billy just isn't consistent enough IMO.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Éanna
    I think we definitely need a centre half AND a right-sided midfielder. We don't have any cover at centre half and Billy just isn't consistent enough IMO.
    Agreed....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Eanna, do you not think Billy has played well in the past 2 months? He's finally playing in his natural position. For the last 2 years he has been playing left-back and left-wing even though he is right-footed.

I think you made up your mind about Billy and you don't to see the light. I agree that Benno is looking a much better prospect than Dan. Dan seems to lose concentration and the offside trap is often let down cause he is not alert enough. But, he is still one of the better centre halfs when he is on his game. ie. like Friday night

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harry crumb
    Eanna, do you not think Billy has played well in the past 2 months? He's finally playing in his natural position. For the last 2 years he has been playing left-back and left-wing even though he is right-footed.
    He has played pretty well in the last 2 months, a lot better than previously. I have to admit he's done better lately than I thought he would, but I still have my doubts about him. I think we could do better to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by harry crumb
    II agree that Benno is looking a much better prospect than Dan. Dan seems to lose concentration and the offside trap is often let down cause he is not alert enough. But, he is still one of the better centre halfs when he is on his game. ie. like Friday night
    agreed. thats my biggest problem with Dan- we all know how good he is, but how can we expect to win a title when our captain is so inconsitent. Being captain is all about setting an example to your team-mates, IMO Dan just doesn't do that well enough. Ideally, he'd lose some weight, shape up and play like he's capable of, because he can do it, and I'd love to see him at his best, ather than on the bench.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast