Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 League of Ireland Fixtures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Brays time of 5:45 on Saturday is a brave move. Certainly hope it pays off for them. They needed to try something drastic to bring in a crowd.
    It does smack of desperation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    From what I heard the new KO time is aimed more at attracting families to games with a new family section in the main stand.
    The increase in season ticket prices is not an issue with most fans I've been talking to. Anyway €99 was too cheap. I'd love to know by what 100% the ST sales increased by when they were dropped to €99 a few years ago. Still €120 for a ST is good value.
    It will be a lot easier to get to Bray on the M50 on a Saturday as Friday nights are very busy heading south on a Friday evening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Why can we never play at home the last game of the season? Why are Derry ever away on Good Friday (See you that weekend Brendy)?
    Dreadful stuff. Bray was ruined last year, and now Cork this year.
    I'll still be down, but many others won't be.

Not delighted with two of our midweek fixtures too, away to Limerick and Pats.
    Pleased, for soley personal reason, that Bray are now playing Saturdays. Handier for us.
    Have you ever won the treble?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    If the club is in as dire financial straits as it seems to be, it only makes sense to increase what is the lowest season ticket price in the league surely?
    New sugar daddy on board, cleaned out the old and in with the new board, debts supposed to be paid.
    Nice injection of funds for the club, onwards and upwards hope the Saturday K/O works.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Should get off to a nice handy 6 points from 6 start.
    Have ye got any prima donnas that will refuse to play on that awful Oriel Park surface?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain2007 View Post
    New sugar daddy on board, cleaned out the old and in with the new board, debts supposed to be paid.
    Nice injection of funds for the club, onwards and upwards hope the Saturday K/O works.
    Supposed to be all revealed at press conference on Monday. New club sponsor supposed to be announced as well. let's hope so. Maybe the new Bray will be re-instated on foot.ie forum since old board are now gone.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Have ye got any prima donnas that will refuse to play on that awful Oriel Park surface?
    Pat Flynn and Pat Sullivan might kick a few lads in protest.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Maybe the kick off time will work for bray maybe it won't , but in terms of home fans many long time season ticket holders have said they won't be renewing due to this change as it now doesn't suit the majority and we were not consulted by the new people involved . let's see what this press conference brings , sponsors owners signings all ment to be coming out

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    What are Bray fans doing that's so important on a Saturday evening? Surely you don't all go to the theatre?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    What are Bray fans doing that's so important on a Saturday evening? Surely you don't all go to the theatre?
    We all go to 6 pm mass, devout catholic's us lot in Bray

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain2007 View Post
    We all go to 6 pm mass, devout catholic's us lot in Bray
    we love our mass . but the point of contention is that fans as a whole were not consulted . no survey was carried out as is claimed , in bray friday is league of ireland night to the fans and the new sugar daddy is making wholesale changes and supposedly investing heavily into the squad

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Sympathise with the lack of consultation but I don't understand people being precious about the day. It's not as if you're being moved to a day with no regular tradition of football. When you've lost 1/4 of an already subsistence-level fanbase in the space of two years, it's hard to argue the merit of Friday being "League of Ireland night" anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    The issue seems to be that a lot of the lads either have their own matches or work on saturdays. If you work in retail it's not a given that you have saturdays off, and its a lot more difficult to get a saturday off that a friday. Hopefully it shouldn't be too much of a problem to knock off at 5 and make the kick off for me but a lot don't seem to be that lucky. Really hope the kick off time spikes attendances but I'd have my doubts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Well people work on Fridays too, a lot more of them in fact. How do you know there isn't 200+ people who can't go because they don't get home from work until late on Friday? Again, sympathise if a lot of Bray fans are students or whatever who can only work on Fridays, but the 5.45 I would guess is partly designed to ensure people who have their own matches are finished.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Well people work on Fridays too, a lot more of them in fact. How do you know there isn't 200+ people who can't go because they don't get home from work until late on Friday? Again, sympathise if a lot of Bray fans are students or whatever who can only work on Fridays, but the 5.45 I would guess is partly designed to ensure people who have their own matches are finished.
    lads with games have said they would be lucky to be home for half 5 never mind a bray game . The amount of people who are saying they won't be renewing season tickets is worrying . I know it's not alot of people but the vast majority of people who go to bray games would be season ticket holders . I can't see a drastic increase . at the end of the day it's whats on the pitch that effects attendance not the kick off . I use dundalk as the example . 300 only a few seasons ago watched their last home game v bray . now 2.500 plus every week, that's not due to the kick off time it's due to the quality produced on the pitch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Why weren't Bray supporters consulted over something that seems quite a risky move for the club? Is there the means to survey past season ticket holders/regulars on this in order to get a broader idea of support/discontent rather than anecdotal word? If this is to prove seriously detrimental to attendances, is it too late to switch back with fixtures officially scheduled?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wandererfan View Post
    lads with games have said they would be lucky to be home for half 5 never mind a bray game . The amount of people who are saying they won't be renewing season tickets is worrying . I know it's not alot of people but the vast majority of people who go to bray games would be season ticket holders . I can't see a drastic increase . at the end of the day it's whats on the pitch that effects attendance not the kick off . I use dundalk as the example . 300 only a few seasons ago watched their last home game v bray . now 2.500 plus every week, that's not due to the kick off time it's due to the quality produced on the pitch
    Are you saying you can't see a drastic increase or you think the number will fall?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Why weren't Bray supporters consulted over something that seems quite a risky move for the club? Is there the means to survey past season ticket holders/regulars on this in order to get a broader idea of support/discontent rather than anecdotal word? If this is to prove seriously detrimental to attendances, is it too late to switch back with fixtures officially scheduled?
    I don't think it is , they just have to apply to the fai . In years gone by the club has rang season ticket holders etc informing of the price etc for the coming season , this year none of that . There was a meeting in which the supporters club was represented but the majority of the sc is against the switch but the 2 reps said nothing when it was brought up. The club claim research and survey has been carried out but anyone I talk to hasnt heard of anyone who was surveyed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Are you saying you can't see a drastic increase or you think the number will fall?
    I can see the attendance falling which I don't want for the club but they've done this themselves

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wandererfan View Post
    I can see the attendance falling which I don't want for the club but they've done this themselves
    Will it fall faster than it's fell the last three years?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast