Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: North Terrace

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

North Terrace

Just want to get something off my chest. Since starting using this forum I must say I have become sick and tired with people constantly moaning about sections of the ground and how great the north terrace is.

Last night I was on the north terrace and i can tell ya it is no better than any other area of the stadium. The atmosphere is generally crap at Lansdowne but the North Terrace better than the east or west, you are havin a laugh. It was like a morgue in there.

A guy on this site was slagging the west stand yesterday. He said the north terrace was for 'real' fans. Is he on something. Firstly, why was there so much empty space in this section, the home of the partisan Irish supporter. Hate moaning generally but have just got sick of the crap about the north tce recently.

Rant over.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    really dissapointed with the way the home support is going at the moment. i just get the feeling that the home support is being diluted by the "scumbag element" who r too quik to get on eachothers case instead of gettin behind the team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    The atmosphere in the North was brutal last night, but it was no worse than anywhere else in the ground. A poor atmosphere is the standard now, at least for friendlies, I'm sick of complaining about it.
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    bad experiences on the north terrace before never want to go back. on the east terrace last night not as bad as the north but still won't be repeating it in a hurry. back to the stands for me
    "If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better." Johan Cruyff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    To be honest I think you will do well to find a good atmosphere for any friendly in Europe this week. In spain they are only talking about one game at that is "El Derby" at the weekend. We all would like better atmosphere at LR, and I thought there was improvement for the Faroes game, but I will bet that when Switzerland and France come the atmosphere will be great. The only one I am worried about and its the one were we need a great atmosphere is Israel. That is the game were we should create a wall of noise.

b_mcsweeney
    the atmosphere on the north terrace last night was appaling. few isolated pockets of people chanting, most of the crowd had no interest. even with a basic chant like "ireland, ireland" most of the people just seemed to be staring at their shoes. was a bit weird. still, if thats how people want to enjoy their game, fair enough i guess. was a bit annoyed by the reaction the LoI lads got too. or that should really be lack of reaction. most people couldn't even be bothered acknowledging them. i wasn't surprised, but it was still annoying though.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The fact that Dado Prso had to pull out over the weekend from the Croatian squad probably meant a lot of the North Terrace crowd had nothing to get excited about...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think alot of people in the north terrace where in shock at having their civil liberties taken away from them by havin their red cards robbed. The north terrace made a effort last night to stand up to the Fai and have a voice herad....back off...no group person or place is better than anyone else at bein an ireland supporter...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Most of the fans sporting eircom league scarves and jerseys near us were more interested in booing the players who won the half time monthly awards.Some rovers fans erupted into chants during half time but were silent for the duration of the game. I go to el matches regularly but would not be involved in vocal support but I can safely say when it comes to the national team I qualify as much of a fan as anyone,despite what some of the eL-itist fans around here would have you think.
    <insert witty remark>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    To be honest the lack of numbers, the quality of the game, the lack of importance of the game, and all that contributed to last night's atmosphere being on a par or worse than Bulgaria.

The atmosphere has been questionable this campaign, both Cyprus and Faroe home games were pretty poor atmosphere wise compared to Albania and Georgia in summer 2003. While obviously not on a par importance wise it still should concern us.
    Check out my new sports blog http://www.action81.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Ireland fans complaining about the atmosphere is just like Roman Abramovich complaining that his left back is too slow. We are in control of it. Everyone thinks the same. "Nobody around me is singing, I'm not singing alone". Its a catch 22. What I suggest is you and about 20 of your mates all go on the beer for the day and sing your heads off at the match. Once a group of people (even as small as 20 if they are all beside each other going crazy) start the rest of the stand/terrace will follow. Once one stand starts the rest will follow. You may say there was a group singing but I didn't hear the crowd favourites of "Que Sera Sera" and "Stand up ..." sang once.

I suggest a Foot.ie meetup for the Portugal game. We got over 1,000 for the one in Paris so I'm sure we could get a few for one in Dublin. Everyone meets up at around 4 which will give people enough time to get half drunk before the game. If thats succesful we do it for all the matches.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy

I suggest a Foot.ie meetup for the Portugal game. We got over 1,000 for the one in Paris so I'm sure we could get a few for one in Dublin. Everyone meets up at around 4 which will give people enough time to get half drunk before the game. If thats succesful we do it for all the matches.
    We tried something similar before but nobody could get match tickets,I'd be on for giving it another go.We can all get tickets for Portugal unlike the Brazil game,so it may work.Although I think its to do with the feel around the ground.At the Faroes game even when there was no-one singing there was this buzz in the air.I knew as soon as I walked onto the terrace yesterday it would be a yawn fest.I don't think it can be forced on anyone.Its either there or its not(?)
    <insert witty remark>