Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Off season rumours

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The team that they have at the minute wouldnt even be good enough for the first division.if pat o sullivan isnt going to pump money in?i dont know if anybody else will.not a great pre-season at the minute.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Not saying he has and not having a go at Pat he has done more than anyone else would and more than could ever be expected of him but if he has pulled back a lot he has picked the worst possible time to do it. This is the season more than most with moving back to Markets Field that we needed to be strong this goes wrong and I'd be seriously worried. Never know though guess we just have to live in hope that a Patterson or something will come off.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Would agree with you there.why cant a major sponsor be found to help?pat o sullivan must have pumped in thousands over the last few years.even with the messing in not getting back to pre-season training on the 7th?the way things are going at the minute it wouldnt surprise me if limerick are in the relegation spots for next season.at the minute the team is way too weak.i doubt if season tickets are flying out the door.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    I usually wouldn't worry about what the squad is like at this stage with 2 months still to go but it's just the fact all other teams are ahead of us at the moment. We need to rattle off a lot signings in the next two weeks.

As it stands Bray, Bohs, Drogheda are as strong or stronger than last season with Galway and Longford both looking decent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    I usually wouldn't worry about what the squad is like at this stage with 2 months still to go but it's just the fact all other teams are ahead of us at the moment. We need to rattle off a lot signings in the next two weeks.

As it stands Bray, Bohs, Drogheda are as strong or stronger than last season with Galway and Longford both looking decent.
    Longford look more than decent it would appear. We've only about 10 signed up so far at the minute so after ye I'd say we've the least signed. There isn't a whole lot of quality available in Ireland at the minute, bar a minority that went on the PFAI trip.

Interesting few weeks ahead

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Any new faces at preseason today? Had heard there were at least 2 expected, but didn't get any names.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Have heard nothing myself. I got the feeling from Russell's interview that he is fairly restricted this season with the budget. It seems maybe he needs to be very wise with what he spends so wants to see what he is getting before commiting to players. If we did try sign Finn though it must mean their is a few quid for at least one marquee signing (not that there is any really left out there).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Seen a bit of training today and tbh it has done absolutely nothing to change my mind that this season is gonna be a disaster unless something changes.

Conor O Donnell
    19s Keeper
    Robbie Williams
    Tony Whitehead
    Shane Costelloe ( Not sure on this)
    Paul O Connor
    Shane Duggan
    Darragh Rainsford
    Val Feeney
    Ross Mann
    Dean Clarke

There was 5 lads that weren't there last season I only knew one was told names of another 2 and have no idea whatsoever who the other 2 were.
    No sign of Oji,Nzuzi,Tacy or Hughes. Right to Dream lads not here yet either.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Seen a bit of training today and tbh it has done absolutely nothing to change my mind that this season is gonna be a disaster unless something changes.

Conor O Donnell
    19s Keeper
    Robbie Williams
    Tony Whitehead
    Shane Costelloe ( Not sure on this)
    Paul O Connor
    Shane Duggan
    Darragh Rainsford
    Val Feeney
    Ross Mann
    Dean Clarke

There was 5 lads that weren't there last season I only knew one was told names of another 2 and have no idea whatsoever who the other 2 were.
    No sign of Oji,Nzuzi,Tacy or Hughes. Right to Dream lads not here yet either.
    Without mentioning their names, would you be happy if we signed any of them?
    Can't see us keeping Tracy or Hughes, which is a bit surprising when they weren't big earners there.
    I was told the Right to Dream lads aren't expected back anytime soon because of clearance issues. So probably won't see them until later in pre season if true.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin4 View Post
    Without mentioning their names, would you be happy if we signed any of them?
    Can't see us keeping Tracy or Hughes, which is a bit surprising when they weren't big earners there.
    I was told the Right to Dream lads aren't expected back anytime soon because of clearance issues. So probably won't see them until later in pre season if true.

Being honest I have no idea who 2 of em were the other 2 I think were just returning from England so could go either way. The one I actually knew tbh no I wouldn't be happy with it he was with us in the first division and was released when we got promoted.

If we don't keep the 4 lads then we have completely taken apart a squad that looked decent at the end of the season.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    At the minute the above sounds like a b team.will be a long season if it stays that way.backwards the club seems to be going at the minute.worrying times on shannonside.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Its coming out now anyway so might as well say it was Sean Brosnan that was training with us.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    He wasnt a bad player with us before but maybe a bit on the light side unless he filled out?its a striker that we really need and a few defenders if we arent going to sign some of last years guys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delboyderis View Post
    He wasnt a bad player with us before but maybe a bit on the light side unless he filled out?its a striker that we really need and a few defenders if we arent going to sign some of last years guys.
    Gotten a bit taller but not filled out and imo him and Dean Clarke being 2 of our strikers would be a huge worry.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    i would agree with you there.why dont they chat with mark quigley?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delboyderis View Post
    i would agree with you there.why dont they chat with mark quigley?

Cos he would want more than 200-300 euro I reckon.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Its coming out now anyway so might as well say it was Sean Brosnan that was training with us.
    That's not the worst bit of news to be fair. I was always impressed when I saw him play. Obviously, I wouldn't fancy him as a starter but he wouldn't be bad to have to throw on if you're chasing a game (and from the way things look, we could be chasing a lot of games)

Incidentally, did any else read Russell's interview on the Limerick website and start to realise that it may not get a whole lot better than it currently is?
    http://www.limerickfc.ie/pre-season-...ve-preparation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    That's not the worst bit of news to be fair. I was always impressed when I saw him play. Obviously, I wouldn't fancy him as a starter but he wouldn't be bad to have to throw on if you're chasing a game (and from the way things look, we could be chasing a lot of games)

Incidentally, did any else read Russell's interview on the Limerick website and start to realise that it may not get a whole lot better than it currently is?
    If he was to be a squad player id be pleased but considering at the minute all we have ahead of him is Dean Clarke Ill wait and see.

Russell has gone from saying he was hoping to have a strong competitive squad at the end of pre season to it will be okay. Reckon he as been sold short the same way Taylor was.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

If that's what's said on the club website you can be guaranteed the reality is a lot worse,
    It's very very disappointing how poor preparation has been and has been each season getting worse since we got promoted

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    It just seems the interest isn't there for a good senior football team in Limerick. If Pat wasn't putting in the money he has we would still be trudging along in the first division most likely back in Hogan Park or Jackman Park. The bigger business people in Limerick don't want anything to do with football and would prefer to row in behind Munster Rugby. Every year for the last number of years Pat has wanted someone to come on board with him and ease the burden a bit but no matter how many great things he has done, underage structures, return to the premier, movement back to the Markets Field, it just doesn't look like the help is going to come.

So where will the money come for better signings? I agree we need to hit the ground running in the Markets Field if we really want the club to take off but where the money will come from, that I really don't know.
    Last edited by Jofspring; 15/01/2015 at 11:44 PM.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast