Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: D-Day in Tolka

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts

D-Day in Tolka

Probably a bit much to call it D-Day but this is a game neither side can afford to lose thats for sure and as a result I can see it being a very cagey and tight affair and my prediction is for a 0-0 draw. However, Shels manager Johnny McDonnell as just confirmed in an interview on THE LOI BLOG that Willo McDonagh, John Sullivan and Jordan Keegan are all out for tomorrow night with Conor Murphy only likely to make the bench at most. That is the core of their starting XI gone as all 4 would be starting XI players and they really struggled without Keegan in particular against Wexford so for me theres no reason we shouldnt be going to Tolka looking to win, its time for TC to show he has the bottle for a big game but his team selection will tell us all what way hes thinking.

I expect us to line up with a solid 442 and play a long ball game, set up not to lose in other words but if he plays with the same shape as we did against UCD (4-2-3-1) then I would be very hopeful of finally seeing some good football this season and taking the game to Shels back four.

How's everyone else feeling ahead of the game? Still seats on the supporters bus if anyones interested.
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Probably a bit much to call it D-Day but this is a game neither side can afford to lose thats for sure and as a result I can see it being a very cagey and tight affair and my prediction is for a 0-0 draw. However, Shels manager Johnny McDonnell as just confirmed in an interview on THE LOI BLOG that Willo McDonagh, John Sullivan and Jordan Keegan are all out for tomorrow night with Conor Murphy only likely to make the bench at most. That is the core of their starting XI gone as all 4 would be starting XI players and they really struggled without Keegan in particular against Wexford so for me theres no reason we shouldnt be going to Tolka looking to win, its time for TC to show he has the bottle for a big game but his team selection will tell us all what way hes thinking.

I expect us to line up with a solid 442 and play a long ball game, set up not to lose in other words but if he plays with the same shape as we did against UCD (4-2-3-1) then I would be very hopeful of finally seeing some good football this season and taking the game to Shels back four.

How's everyone else feeling ahead of the game? Still seats on the supporters bus if anyones interested.
    ragin I cant make the game due to work.I am very optimistic with those four lads missing especially Jordan Keegan. Wasnt it him who got the winner against us? Considerin how we played against UCD I expect us to get sweet revenge and beat Shels 1-0. I also expect Salmo ad Ethan to play from the start!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Mind games. They could all play and I wouldn't be surprised. Or they could all be injured, not sure why McDonnell would give away that info before the game though.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Mind games. They could all play and I wouldn't be surprised. Or they could all be injured, not sure why McDonnell would give away that info before the game though.
    Sullivan is a long term injury so wouldn't expect him to play, Willo could be the exception but Keegan needs an x-ray apparently so unless he's totally sh1tting us I don't expect him to play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    And I wouldn't imagine Salmo will be fit enough to play from the start Martinho while Etanda has said he's taking it 1 game at a time so I'd say the same goes for him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Do Shels do online commentary or anything like that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    For anyone who hasn't seen them yet shels TV have highlights of the game online. I also recommend TC's interview online with Shannonside if your looking for a good laugh.

8. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Any chance of a link I don't do facebook and seldom use twitter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Sporting F*ck All!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Thanks I think you can clearly see Deans elbow the Shels guy twice, I think the fai and airtricity league don't use video evidence for the 1st division, if that's still the case it will be just the standard suspension for a straight red if not could be very bad for Deans

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Yeah, it definitely looks like he connected with the left and right elbow. Whatever about doing it once, but to do it twice is a disgrace. Don't want to see him in a Town jersey again. Only a mouthpiece roaring abuse at his own players when they make a mistake and then he goes out and does this when we were one up!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    after seein what Deans did online i dont want him to see him in a Town shirt ever again. I was prepared to give him the benefit but never again! run him to **** out of the club -In the likely event that we dont get promoted I hold him liable!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmXAYoFKzmY

For anyone who hasn't seen it yet. 49th second gives you the best look. Some good goals in the match, although Shels equalizer was cat..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Cousins said after the match they would have to look back at the incident on the 'CCTV' as he put it so now that it's clear for all to see surely he must punish deans?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    the more I think about it the more I think that Chris Deans reminds me of ex town thug Alan Reynolds...

17. Thanks From: