Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Shels V Bohs, RTE2 Tonight

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shels V Bohs, RTE2 Tonight

Just to remind you all that the match on tonight is live on RTE2. Coverage starting at half seven. I reckon this game will be something else, there's so much on the line on the pitch and off the pitch there's been alot said from both camps over the past few days so the atmosphere should be electric. If you're not going out or going to a match it'll be well worth watching.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash/ED
    Just to remind you all that the match on tonight is live on RTE2. Coverage starting at half seven. I reckon this game will be something else, there's so much on the line on the pitch and off the pitch there's been alot said from both camps over the past few days so the atmosphere should be electric. If you're not going out or going to a match it'll be well worth watching.
    agreed, it should be a cracker, and hopefuly it'll be a good advertisement for eircom League soccer. i fancy shels for the win, although i hope Bohs do, if only to keep the league alive for the rest of the season
    Whatever it was I am sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Naturally hope shels win considering who they're playing! And hopefully no repeat of b**z scum spitting on shels officials. Spitting is an art form down dalymoan way.

KOH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Hoop
    Naturally hope shels win considering who they're playing! And hopefully no repeat of b**z scum spitting on shels officials. Spitting is an art form down dalymoan way.

KOH
    you might want to read this statement, you gob****e

From www.bohemians.ie - Bohemian FC Official Website

Bohemian FC Statement:::15/10/04

It is always the intention of Bohemian FC to foster good relations with our fellow eircom League Clubs. However, given the media coverage of Shelbourne FC's ongoing gripe in relation to having to play 5 games in 15 days and the vitriol aimed at Bohemian FC in that regard, some scrutiny of the facts here would be welcome.

Firstly, Shelbourne’s game last Monday (11 October) against Bohemians was their 5th game in 18 days and next Fridays encounter will be our 5th in 16 days.
    Secondly Bohemian FC agreed, “ at the drop of a hat”, to call off the original fixture at Dalymount Park at the request of Shelbourne FC to facilitate their European campaign. Bohemian FC had gone to considerable expense in printing tickets (some of which were already sold), match programmes and organising commercial sponsorship of last Monday’s game before Shelbourne appealed the re-fixture date.

It is interesting to note that Shelbourne FC indicated to the media their intention to appeal the game as early as Monday 4 October yet, without consideration for arrangements made by Bohemian FC and fans in general, left making an appeal until Thursday 8th October. With the anticipated absence of League officials at the international match in Paris, the lateness of the appeal, whether by design or circumstance, (in view of the 3 day rule governing such matters) there was a strong doubt about the availability of such officials in sufficient numbers to form an appeals committee. The failure to form a committee would, of course, have allowed Shelbourne to avoid the fixture.

The inaccurate “5 games in 15 days” claim made by Shelbourne FC and the blame being laid at the door of Bohemian FC is ironic in the extreme. At the end of last season Bohemian FC faced a schedule of 8 games in 25 days between 24 October 2003 and 17 Nov 2003. Five of those games were concentrated into the 14 day period 4-17 November and two of those five games were against Shelbourne. Nobody griped and no understanding was forthcoming from Shelbourne FC.

In addition, one might also recall the insistence by Shelbourne FC that St Patrick’s Athletic FC fulfill a fixture schedule of 5 games in 13 days (19 - 31 March) in the season before last.

Pat Fenlon’s recommendation that people at Bohemians “look at themselves” is hypocritical.

In view of the above it has to be added that the doubt surrounding the playing of last Monday's game only added to the tension that already existed in the lead up to this vital game. Bohemian Football Club does not condone misconduct of any kind by any of its supporters and will always take action against anyone found not to be conducting himself or herself properly. However we do not accept that the media should consistently refer to a spitting incident without also referring to all of the other actions that led up to it.

A significant number of complaints has been received from fans that one Shelbourne player constantly made obscene gestures in the direction of the Bohemians supporters, seated in the Jodi Stand, throughout the second half of Monday's game. At the end of the game a number of Shelbourne players and staff diverted 20 yards away from their designated exit from the pitch to become involved in verbal exchanges with Bohemians supporters who were being confined to areas away from the away team exit and dressing room. Some of them crossed into the spectator area, ignoring the instructions of stewards. This Cantona style action certainly escalated an already difficult situation, which at that stage was well under control.

One supporter, while being restrained by stewards, spat at one of the Shelbourne FC coaching staff in response to being struck on the head with a clipboard by that person. Bohemian FC condemns both actions equally.

If all concerned had acted in a more restrained, professional and dignified manner this incident would have been contained, in football parlance, as handbags, and not escalated.
    In the spirit of sport, Bohemian FC wants to promote good relationships with all clubs but will not accept unfair criticism.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Very well timed by Shels .... 4 days between going ot media and actually appealing the fixture, you'd have to wonder !! Is there a protocol ? How do you make the appeal ... can you just pick up the phone ?? If this is so then it is scheming and shouldn't be described any other way.
    Last edited by A face; 15/10/2004 at 11:45 PM.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Absolutley superb game I thought. The atmosphere was unreal and the game had everything. Did it come across well on the TV? What was RTEs presentation like?

Bohs owned the first half and Shels owned the second, draw was a fair result. I'd say though either side could have won it. Stuart Byrnes tackle was an absolute disgrace, what was he at? Other than that, the standard of play was excellent I thought, another good advertisement for the league.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash/ED
    Absolutley superb game I thought. The atmosphere was unreal and the game had everything. Did it come across well on the TV? What was RTEs presentation like?

Bohs owned the first half and Shels owned the second, draw was a fair result. I'd say though either side could have won it. Stuart Byrnes tackle was an absolute disgrace, what was he at? Other than that, the standard of play was excellent I thought, another good advertisement for the league.
    Came accross very well on TV - The RTE coverage was actually GOOD - of course they finished the broadcast within seconds of the final whistle - no time 4 in depth analysis, but even they couldnt make that game look bad!

Some of the replays (saves in particular) showed the quality of the fare on show. It was another good advert for the league - hope fully won over another few barstoolers.

I presume the next live game is the Cup Final - hope that is hyped up a bit.

How many live games is that since they failed to show Cork's intertoto games?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    much of a crowd there last night?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I reckon just under 5,000, the people around me seem to all agree it was a figure around that mark - but generally I'm pretty hopeless at guessing crowds.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    taped the match last night. watched most of it today. looked very impressive on TV i thought. Real good atmosphere. Not quite as good as a certain other match in Munster mind you