Page 56 of 128 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 2544

Thread: Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    594 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArdeeBhoy View Post
    I love Roy's reaction to these silly questions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,371 Posts
    I went looking for Joe Brolly comments on NewsTalk's listenback service - http://newstalk.ie/player/listen_back
    curiously, it's the only segment that's missing from Sunday's lineup. It should be available as part 1 of the Off The Ball show on November 16th
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    With respect, one eejit ranting about another one, may not be especially edifying...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    493 Posts
    I suspect you can't get a cigarette paper between Martin & Roy on this sort of nonsense. Keane offers Martin someone to go out and say what Martin is really thinking, then Martin goes out and does the whole good cop routine. And if anyone asks him about what Roy has said all he has to do is say 'Awk that's just Roy being Roy, everything is hunky dory'.
    Bring Back Belfast Celtic F.C.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArdeeBhoy View Post
    With respect, one eejit ranting about another one, may not be especially edifying...
    probably, but given the way the comments have been reported, I wanted to listen to the exact comments again. I was on the dart at the time, and the signal wasn't great. All I can remember is something about Brolly having seen plenty barristers like Keane, still in court in their 70's and Keane loving having a mic in front of him

The host had to apologise at one point as well, because Brolly swore on air, and then tried to play it down as nothing because people hear it all the time every day.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    I have to say the conduct of some of the Irish football journalists in the past few weeks has been pathetic.

I know they are trying to sell newspapers/get web hits but this Roy Keane j*zz fest every time he looks at a fly on the wall is pathetic. Leave the guy alone and focus on team matters and the 11 guys on the pitch. Trying to s**t stir and cause tension in the camp is not the way forward. Look how well 2002 turned out.

Delaney and the FAI are probably loving this because we are finally back page news but I'd rather we were on the backpage because of a successful result rather than more Roy Keane bear baiting. I've never known an ASSISTANT manager get so much media attention. Second Captains will no doubt spend the next hour of their podcast talking about Keane's interview rather than the poor performance Friday night.
    "If God had meant football to be played in the air, he'd have put grass in the sky." Brian Clough.

You'll NEVER beat the Irish.......you'll just draw with us instead!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    542 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker1982 View Post
    I have to say the conduct of some of the Irish football journalists in the past few weeks has been pathetic.
    have the majority of them ever been anything but pathetic?

today's story is keanes reaction to being accused of being a distraction. has anyone here discussed last wednesdays hotel "incident" with anyone else? did anyone here buy a paper to inform themselves about the incident?? thought not. the only ones making it a distraction are our pathetic football media.

how this is still making print nearly a week after it happened is beyond me.
    Last edited by jbyrne; 17/11/2014 at 12:43 PM.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,922 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Regardless of whether the papers have blown it up I'm sick to death of these distractions. The timing of the book release was crazy, almost an insult to fans of the team who think the team is the most important thing and who expect a match, even against Gibraltar, to be the focus of media attention. I'd prefer his salary to be spent on coach education at this stage.
    The distractions are a media thing. Ask O'Neill the same question about Roy in 10 different ways at the press conference and he is then asked if he's fed up with being asked questions about Roy. Are there no football questions to ask?
    The timing of the book release is something outside his control once he signs the book contract. It's up to the book company to get the book into public attention before the christmas sales and Roy is the tail that is wagged by the dog.
    I'd question the need for such a book at all, most of the content is tittle tattle and Roy is financially secure (or should be) for life.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    "He said: "I've spoken to Jack Grealish's father, I spoke to him at the time a way back some time ago. I spoke to the two of them and Jack's father and Jack were not in any great hurry at that particular time to make their minds up - fine, absolutely. I left it entirely up to them."

I take that as the same interpretation initially put up here by towk that oneill had asked them but realised that he hadn't made his mind up so left it open for him. It does appear he had asked him from that though.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

12. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    475 Posts
    newstalk reporting grealish tweet tonight as been cryptic https://twitter.com/jackgrealish1 .

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Training on Wednesday should be interesting anyway.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    I'm generally all for giving managers time, I was a Trap loyalist well after most people had turned, and in no way am I calling for heads to roll, but I cannot help but feel underwhelmed with Mon and Keane so far. Disappointed is probably closer to the mark actually.

A year in and I'm not seeing much actual management in terms of improving performances with what we have to work with. It sort of feels like the lads are doing a job any number of other candidates could do, MoN does not give me the impression he is 100% into it, he expected to be flying higher at this stage of his career and Keane has not even hid the fact he is half arsed about the gig, stirring the **** with his book, the other job stuff with Celtic and Villa....

I'm actually surprised I'm this disillusioned with them only a year in. I know our players a rubbish. But the managements job is to make them a better unit than they should be. Like Strach is doing with the Scotch.
    The dude abides....

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    newstalk reporting grealish tweet tonight as been cryptic https://twitter.com/jackgrealish1 .
    Whatever you do wether it's posting a tweeting or making a life changing decision you are going to get judged
    on your spelling and grammar..

17. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,745 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    The distractions are a media thing. Ask O'Neill the same question about Roy in 10 different ways at the press conference and he is then asked if he's fed up with being asked questions about Roy. Are there no football questions to ask?
    The timing of the book release is something outside his control once he signs the book contract. It's up to the book company to get the book into public attention before the christmas sales and Roy is the tail that is wagged by the dog.
    I'd question the need for such a book at all, most of the content is tittle tattle and Roy is financially secure (or should be) for life.
    I'd still say it was within Keane's ability to get the book launch postponed by a week or so.

As for the media creating the distractions I'd say you're right. If it's not Keane it's Greakish. If it's not Grealish it's Stephen Ireland. If it's not Stephen Ireland it's something else. Anything but the football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,821 Posts
    Dunphy was great today on RTÉ.

But this line stood out...

Quote Originally Posted by Eamo
    There is this press conference yesterday [Sunday], which I'm told lasted a long time, in which he's attacking journalists going about their job, altercation in the hotel last week, book launches, controversial statements.
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/irish...-must-end-now/

---

Not that we should be surprised but Dunphy failed to watch the thing he commented upon. Imagine that.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    London born Rob Brennan posted this.

https://twitter.com/RobBrennan82/sta...26616738553856

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,821 Posts
    And what about it?
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    In the interest of balance after reading posts bashing Keane for stating an honest opinion on something that he has been badgered about in every press conference and has no influence over.