Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dream shattered for another year

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Unhappy Dream shattered for another year

Absolutely pig sick we lost last night, as I know every fan from De Town is as well.
    I'm not going to rant about who's fault, coulda, woulda, shoulda,
    but the Chairman has a lot to answer for he was on Shannonside saying "Bray are no great shakes"
    when will these guys ever learn if Shoddy is to be believed there was a statement
    "I'll let you have a drink from our cup after the last game of the season"
    joke slag do what you want but only after you have won.

I have given O'Brien loads of stick on here I thought he had is best game for De Town last night I cannot really give out about any player last night they all appeared to try their best but some just aren't good enough
    Last edited by Darklordsbane; 02/11/2013 at 8:01 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Hard Luck to Longford, takes two teams to make a great spectacle which we got last night, we seem to score at the right times and our experience probably got us over the line in the end. The future looks bright for Longford if Tony can add a couple more quality players to the squad for next season.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklordsbane View Post
    Absolutely pig sick we lost last night, as I know every fan from De Town is as well.
    I'm not going to rant about who's fault, coulda, woulda, shoulda,
    but the Chairman has a lot to answer for he was on Shannonside saying "Bray are no great shakes"
    when will these guys ever learn if Shoddy is to be believed there was a statement
    "I'll let you have a drink from our cup after the last game of the season"
    joke slag do what you want but only after you have won.

I have given O'Brien loads of stick on here I thought he had is best game for De Town last night I cannot really give out about any player last night they all appeared to try their best but some just aren't good enough
    Jim Hanley was on Shannonside saying Bray were no great shakes? Doesn't sound like something he would be doing to be honest. Regardless we wouldn't have a club at all if it wasn't for him so I wouldn't go around throwing blame in his direction. We were just undone by our lack of fit defenders, we couldn't keep their forwards out.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Jim Hanley was on Shannonside saying Bray were no great shakes? Doesn't sound like something he would be doing to be honest. Regardless we wouldn't have a club at all if it wasn't for him so I wouldn't go around throwing blame in his direction. We were just undone by our lack of fit defenders, we couldn't keep their forwards out.
    He did say that but so wha he was only telling the truth in relation to brays 2nd half from Monday night as longfordian said there wouldn't be a club without him. I'm so proud of the lads and it's heartbreaking that a referees decision decided the game id rather lose 5-0 than that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Went home from my grad after midnight, totally couldn't be arsed when I seen the score.

Blagh..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Feel a lot like I did the day after the 2007 Cup final, just waiting for the group to disintegrate. Last night was such a game changer in terms of the entire landscape of the club I feel.

Overall though, we should have won the division and not be relying on a playoff.
    Marco Tardelli's red and black,
    Red and black, red and black.
    He hates Athlone.

7. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Yeah we're on a much firmer financial footing now though. The budget will be competitive again next year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    That's true. There's just a few great lads in the squad this year and it would be nice to build something around them rather than start a couple of steps back.
    Red and black, red and black.
    He hates Athlone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    hopefully we can manage to keep the young lads

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky77 View Post
    That's true. There's just a few great lads in the squad this year and it would be nice to build something around them rather than start a couple of steps back.
    Yeah I agree but if they get better offers there's not a lot you can do about it. It'd be nice to keep as many of our important players as we can but there will have been a lot of clubs watching the play off games. Apparently a few English clubs are sniffing around Josh O'Hanlon, Peterborough in particular have been over a few times to look at him. There were a few scouts from English clubs there last night apparently. I think I saw a guy in a Sunderland coat. Someone said Man Utd were there too but don't know who they'd be looking at to be honest.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Yeah I agree but if they get better offers there's not a lot you can do about it. It'd be nice to keep as many of our important players as we can but there will have been a lot of clubs watching the play off games. Apparently a few English clubs are sniffing around Josh O'Hanlon, Peterborough in particular have been over a few times to look at him. There were a few scouts from English clubs there last night apparently. I think I saw a guy in a Sunderland coat. Someone said Man Utd were there too but don't know who they'd be looking at to be honest.
    I heard today Josh is defo staying next season but if an offer like that came you'd have to wonder. I don't like to speculate on lads leaving but I do feel deep down we will lose Purdy, Connolly, Gorman and of course Sully. That would be a huge core of the squad gone and in my opinion almost impossible to recover from in just 1 season. I'm not confident at all of winning the league next year but play-offs should be easy to qualify for with Shels all amateur, same with Wexford. Galway will take time to gel but will be a huge threat, Waterford will be Waterford, Cobh will improve again and Harps would be my favorites to win it.
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Don't know how anyone can make any plausible predictions this early, this league changes so much year on year it's unbelievable.

I'd have to agree, I know everyone was saying what a big night it was, but it really was HUGE! Hard to know where we go from here!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Jim Hanley was on Shannonside saying Bray were no great shakes? Doesn't sound like something he would be doing to be honest. Regardless we wouldn't have a club at all if it wasn't for him so I wouldn't go around throwing blame in his direction.

I wasn't blaming him but you don't need to be giving the opposition any more motivation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    I'm in a bad enough mood without having to log onto this and see some muppet say that Jim Hanley has a lot to answer for.

F..k off Darklordsbane with that kind of crap. You've posted enough sh!t over the past few months and started enough pointless threads, but that is a new low

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    538 Posts
    In hindsight I think Bray were the better team overall.. We never solved our problem all season of letting in goals first.. It had to catch up on us eventually. I thought Havo was very shaky last night-Marty Waters had him early. I thought Dan Purdy had his best ever game for us. Sully was very well marshalled. I felt so sorry for Chris Bennion near the end. I agree that after the aftermath of last night I think there will be a lot of changes squadwise next year.Its an awful pity we cant keep the majority of our squad.
    I am gutted for all the section o lads who made a huge effort all game.. At least we won the battle of the fans over both legs.. I cant remember the last time we got over 2500 at a town game- would I be correct in thinking it would have being ten years ago in the FAI Cup Semi Final. Correct me if i am wrong!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    It was either the Drogs semi final or the league cup final the same year. I thought pre game that 1500 would be a good crowd but it goes to show what can be done when the buzz gets going.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    main thing now is to try and keep as many of the players as we can, very disappointing season but i think we did well considering the amount on injuries we had! thats it...
    ▒▓███ L █ T █ F █ C ███▓▒

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    The reality is that if some players are in demand from the bigger clubs, we wouldn't be able to compete even if we did go up.

Injuries ultimately cost us through the play offs - full compliment of defenders to pick from, and salmo, I think we'd have had enough for bray.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    also heres the so called foul on quinner..

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/irish...#idc-container
    ▒▓███ L █ T █ F █ C ███▓▒

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts
    That's the "foul"? He's making the most of that contact, it's fair to say.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

22. Thanks From:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast