Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zinedine Kilbane

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Zinedine Kilbane

If anyone EVER slags this guy off again, they should be banned from every football ground in the world. An excellent performance, full of running, tackling and very good passing. Simply, brilliant

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yeah, I heard today that Milan and Real Madrid are fighting for his signature- Madrid are offering Zidane, Beckham and Figo plus another 20 million. But sure he's worth it.....nobody ever slag him off again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    nonsense he's had 20 or so stinkers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamo kerry
    nonsense he's had 20 or so stinkers
    Didn't realise he was so flatulent - who does he room with on international duty?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well ****ed off before the game at how many people were slagging my kevin kilbane flag and giving out cause he was playing. After the game suddenly everyone loved him and was praising the flag. Finally the bloke is getting the recognition he deserves..

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Good performance by Kilbane alright and he has been getting better every time he plays for Ireland.Playing regular premiership football as well has to give him the advantage over Kavanagh.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Kilbane had a great game and I hold my hands up as I certainly thought he was a poor choice for central midfield. He had a cracking game but I won't forget that he's won over 50 caps and this is his first truly excellent performance. He's been in the squad for a long time and this is the first time he has played this well. Hopefully he's finally come good but I won't be putting my house on him just yet, if you don't mind.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    It's his second decent Ireland performance, to be fair. He had the Dutch defence ****ting their pants in the Arena in 2000.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Aye, once again, the chap played like Christ on amphetemines. Good show all round.
    I do, however, reserve the right to have a go at him should he lapse into shytehawkery at any stage in the future.
    On the way into the stadium, an elderly San Marino Steward waved us in and said "Tonight, may the best team win"

And they nearly did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    one of the greatest preformances i've ever seen in an irish shirt. played everyone else off the field
    "If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better." Johan Cruyff

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He made the other two more famous central midfielders (Dacord and Roy Keane) look like there were not in his class.

One french paper (JD) gave him man of the match, the other (l'equipe) gave him 6 out of 8.

A few Turks I spoke to later in a Kebab place had never heard of him before but thought he was pure class
    Oh no not them again

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brine3
    It's his second decent Ireland performance, to be fair. He had the Dutch defence ****ting their pants in the Arena in 2000.
    Apologies, I was out of the country for that match so obviously no performance sticks in the mind. I'm happy for the bloke, he's been around for a long time and has taken a good bit of criticism. Most of which, I must say, was justified. I never thought he should have been played on the left wing, given that Duff was there the whole time, but that's McCarthy's story. Fair play to Kilbane and let's hope this is the start of a new era for him but I'll reserve judgement for the moment. Everyone likes the chap and if this is how he intends to play in the future he'll become an Irish legend for the right reasons. Having said all that, I don't think anyone who thought he would be rubbish in midfield (I'm one of them) should be asked for an apology, his only consistent run has been when he was consistently poor. Anyway, enough negativity, I always feel bad criticising him as he's a bloke from Preston who's always wanted to play for Ireland and gives his all each time. I hope he takes a look at this website and reads all the praise coming his way. Once again, fair play Zinedine, you deserve it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roboyle
    Didn't realise he was so flatulent - who does he room with on international duty?
    Oh, ha ha, very funny Mr.Sheep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up All credit to ZiZu Kilbane.

Kilbane was unquestionably the best Irish player on the night. He was a tower of strength, displayed some excellent ball distribution and broke up the french attack exquisetly. A truly smashing performance from a great genuine pro. No wonder they call him Zinedine down Goodison way!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondvillain
    Aye, once again, the chap played like Christ on amphetemines. Good show all round.
    I do, however, reserve the right to have a go at him should he lapse into shytehawkery at any stage in the future.
    Typical rubbish. You obviously don't go to many Ireland games. Kilbane is a breath of fresh air in the Irish team. No player gives so selflessly to the Irish cause. He was head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch on Saturday night. He passed well, tackled ferociously, provided drive in the middle of the field, got forward well, and generally looked like the perfect midfield partner for Roy Keane. As always, Kevin Kilbane gave all he had.

It disgusts me how people like you can call yourself a fan when you think you have the right to abuse a player over a poor performance. If Kilbane has a poor performance in the future, then he's well entitled to it, just like Duffer, Roy, Robbie, or any other player. All players will have off-days. Why do football fans have to be so fickle? Kevin Kilbane can be an easy target. However, no one can question his commitment or his ability after Saturday night.
    "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe." Dillo

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    I thought he had a decent game putting himself about and made himself a bit of a fly in the ointment for the French, but some of the superlatives being thrown about are going a bit too far. I thought he passed like ****e and a there were many times when he was out of position some distance between two French players, allowing the French players to lob the ball over his head to each other. But yeah, he ran about a lot and credit to him for that. But this isn't the Olympics, it's football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJamaicanP.M.
    Typical rubbish. You obviously don't go to many Ireland games. Kilbane is a breath of fresh air in the Irish team. No player gives so selflessly to the Irish cause. He was head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch on Saturday night. He passed well, tackled ferociously, provided drive in the middle of the field, got forward well, and generally looked like the perfect midfield partner for Roy Keane. As always, Kevin Kilbane gave all he had.

It disgusts me how people like you can call yourself a fan when you think you have the right to abuse a player over a poor performance. If Kilbane has a poor performance in the future, then he's well entitled to it, just like Duffer, Roy, Robbie, or any other player. All players will have off-days. Why do football fans have to be so fickle? Kevin Kilbane can be an easy target. However, no one can question his commitment or his ability after Saturday night.
    Sorry, it seems Ive not made myself clear, but all i can say in my defence is : what part of Aye, once again, the chap played like Christ on amphetemines. Good show all round. makes it seem like im abusing him?
    Have a look at previous posts of mine, I think the buggers great! I even went so far as to predict he'd score the winner for us on Saturday!
    Kudos to you for your spirited defence of the man, but my Sign-off was only a tongue-in-cheek reference to Eanna's opening declaration :"If anyone EVER slags this guy off again, they should be banned from every football ground in the world"...... so we'll put it down to crossed wires then.... (and, btw, I have actually been to a coupla matches in my time,so I've seen him good, bad & Indifferent, but never mind, I'm just relieved people dont pay to watch ME work...)
    Last edited by Bondvillain; 11/10/2004 at 6:58 PM. Reason: 'we coulda had another damn Watergate on our hands here!'
    On the way into the stadium, an elderly San Marino Steward waved us in and said "Tonight, may the best team win"

And they nearly did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJamaicanP.M.
    Typical rubbish. You obviously don't go to many Ireland games. Kilbane is a breath of fresh air in the Irish team. No player gives so selflessly to the Irish cause.

Kevin Kilbane can be an easy target. However, no one can question his commitment or his ability after Saturday night.

I have to agree with you there. Kilbane's been harshly treated in the past. Even when not playing well he always gives his all and looks really lively. One gripe though,... if only he could score. I can't remember another player who has got into so many scoring positions for club and country but scored so few of them. If he could put away half of those chances he's already be a legend.

Here's hoping he's found his niche in central midfield. Anyone know where he's been playing for Everton this year?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    been playing on the left this year for everton and by all accounts doing very well. He says himself its the best start to the season he has had...

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Zinedine

To the tune of the French National Anthem:

He plays in midfield and his name is...
    Zinedine Kilbane
    he runs through defences and scores
    he tracks back and wins the ball
    Zinedine zinedine