Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: city 2 longford 0

thecorner

city 2 longford 0

league is till there for the taking with bohs beating shels

12 points behind, 2games in hand and bohs to play shels again friday night

great performances throughout the park....dan murray will be the cause of a few goals yet before the end of the season

great to see flynny get a goal and the players know how much it meant to him,though they would strangle him.

kearney and doyler outstanding on the wings

greg gave away a lot of ball...danny should have no trouble getting back in

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    how did flynny play overall? great to see him get a goal. what was the team, crowd etc..?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thought Flynny put himself about a lot more than in recent weeks and as a result got into good positions.

What a ball from Gamble to Flynny for his goal though......absolutly brilliant.

Agree with Corner on all counts above. Kearney's little bit of magic on the goal line in front of the Shed was worth the admission in......class.

Doyler is so strong and skillfull if he doesn't get into the Eircom Team of the year it will be a travesty.
    Irish by birth,
    Cork by the grace of God.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Great Performance. I thought Greg did well, Kearney and Doyler were great. Woodsie played good. Good atmosphere tonight for a Monday night game. We are right back on track now....Bring On the Sheepshaggers!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Doyler is a stunning talent, the likes of which this league has/will rarely see. SPA must be sick to have lost him.

Kearney gets better and stronger with every game.

Gamble is growing in stature as well. he doesnt move around much, but he sure does get in there. He rarely leaves the middle 1/3 of the pitch, but his tackling is crisp, and passes are on the spot. We'll see the best of him next season, for now, we will watch him get better and better.

Flynn looked a different player once he scored the goal. Another for him Friday, and we'll have the Flynny of old back.

George didnt try and over elaborate too often, and his game flourished as a result. He tackled well, and the majority of his distribution was great.

Billy Woods was very strong. Cant see him being displaced this season on recent performances.

Hoggy was the usual. Solid and dependable.

Greg was okay. Left side didnt suit him, and was a bit off the pace.

Benno and Dan. If Dan could keep his head he would be so much better. Benno is best centre half we have had at City for many a long year.

Devine. Had nada to do thanks to a toothless Longford, and an accomplished backline.

Thats 10 points from 4 games. 2nd is ours for the taking. 3 points in Reynolds' nose would do nicely come friday.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

thecorner
    nice also see to behan back to his one minute cameo role

eastcork
    Great win for city. Hopefully, we will have a huge crowd down to waterford on friday night. I live down in that dump so i will be roaring for a city win so that i can gloat to all the scum bag blaaaaaaaas.

Still think 2nd is our best hope

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Doyler is the best player in the league at the moment, Kearney not far behind, Benno was superb, but I would give motm to Gamble last night. Extremely effective in midfield, nothing getting past him and able to give some killer passes. He is settling in very well and we will see even more out of him next season, I think.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conna Maradonna

Does anyone think that if Logford play similar to last night that the Cup could be going to Waterford!!!????
    I think its going there anyway, as the should never have even got to the semi-final, as Rockmount were robbed.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    AT the Bohs Shels match last night and Bohs destroyed Shels all over the park. Droped Hunt. B Ryan was their best player. Crowe had a good game back to fitness. Shels were very poor couldn't get the ball back, I think they had got too used to playing the ball on the ground because they were lucky if they won one header last night and bohs just kept going at them, SHels fan what fans a couple of hundred tops, Friday could tell a lot, shels were jaded and not interested. WOn't be the same friday if it is the league is wide open....
    It's only just begun...............
    If the last 21 years were class, here's looking forward to the next 21 years. It is our time

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    well done last night lads, yee lot had the hunger and played very well. i don't know what we were at, stupid hoofball and no will to win for players playing for a cup final team place.

hopfully we can give yee a better game next tuesday night
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    hopefully the longford players will be even more concerned about the cup final and play the same way....

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    no i have a feeling it might just be different, it is the last game before the cup final so all going well they will be focused and can get a result against yee......oh and slaugher rovers on sat as well
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Results and performances kinda prove me point about the team living on confidence. Good to see JOF back on the score sheet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I was delighted for Flynny, you could really see how relieved he was to finally get a goal and that his confidence increased after he scored. It was great the way all the players congratulated him aswell. Gamble's pass for the goal was top class aswell.

Overall, I think we played very well last night and I'd be quite confident that we can get a good result against the thugs on Friday. I think we'll need both Greg and Danny to start this one as it's the kind of game that will really suit them both and we'll really need tough players who'll get stuck in because Waterford will be trying to kick the sh!t out of us as usual. The only problem is who to drop in order to accomadate both Greg and Danny.
    Champions!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ratings

Devine: wasn't really tested much. couple of good catches. 6
    Hoggy: what a player. our very own denis irwin. great to see him back 8
    Benno: solid and composed as usual. fast becoming a star. 7
    Murray: best game in a while, looked more like the player we know he can be 7
    Greg: out of position, and didn't look 100% match fit, but got better as the game went on. 7
    Woods: Not his biggest fan, but he played well and put over some very good crosses. 7
    George: ran his socks off, tackled and hussled when he needed too, and still had time to show his class. who said he's not a midfielder 7
    Gamble: Man of the match for me. So effective, nothing got past him and he hardly put a ball astray all night. Looks like the answer to our midfield problems. 9
    Kearney: Always had talent, now he's showing the strength and know-how to back it up. Makes the right decisions now, where he hasn't in the pass, and a goal too. Fast becoming the best left-sided player in the league. Ollie Cahill? Never heard of him. 8
    Doyler: Best player in the league without any doubt. The guy has everything. What a star. 8
    Flynn: you could actually see the confidence flooding back after the goal. That was what he needed. He's just going to keep getting better. 7

thecorner
    Quote Originally Posted by Conna Maradonna
    Were we watching the same game!? He was very very shaky last night and was one of the worst performances I've seen all season. I'd just about give him 4 out of 10.

im with CM on this one

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    i think he's played very poorly this season, but I thought he was better last night than he has been in a while. was debating whether to give him a 6 or a 7 but I guess my good nature got the better of me

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I thought the city played well for the first 20 min and then they went too sleep and left in lonford to pley there game. We should of played them pff the park but we did not.

I was well happy that john got the goal and it was a good bit of skill for Joe Gamble to see where john was and for john to go all the way and score that goal.

Well hopefully they will pick up there game now for the rest of the season.
    Let's get it going for this year the away support.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thecorner
    nice also see to behan back to his one minute cameo role
    He was actually given the nod to tog off just before Flynny scored - which scuppered the switch..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast