Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: amazing fact

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

amazing fact

according to elevenaside.com we have only lost 1 of the last 22 cup games we have played

now that is an achivement to be very very very proud of.
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by max power
    according to elevenaside.com we have only lost 1 of the last 22 cup games we have played

now that is an achivement to be very very very proud of.
    It counts for nothing blah blah blah we should be winning the champions league blah blah blah MATTHEWS OUT!*

*btw not aimed at you Max
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    macy for once we are agreed, that was also pointed at certain people and their "ideas".
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I couldn't agree with the 2 of you more.What this club has achived in such a short space of time and with the limited resources it has is nothing short of amazing but for some so called "fans" it just isn't enough.These couple of people seem to expect that a part time outfit can win every game it plays in.While we are on the topic of amazing facts here's one for those people.There are better teams than us in the league.Like it or not that is a fact.When we get a 20 goal a season striker & 2 more top midfielders then we can seroiusly think about pushing for the league but until then IMO 3rd is a more realistic aim with good cup runs thrown in.
    "At the age of twelve, my ambition was to become a gangster. To be a wiseguy was better than being President of the United States. To be a wiseguy was to own the world." - Henry Hill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cop on
    Amazing fact no. 2 - We have won ALL 5 cup semi-finals.

As for you spoons who reckon we shouldn't be winning the league - bandwagon Macy, foolguy et. al
    god you must ave been the only person at town games years ago! everyone a bandwagon eh!! get real!
    Ever get the feelin' you have been cheated?

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Naw Maz. Wasn't at that many actually - I'm not THAT old. But I know for a fact that Mace hasn't been going that long. It's his lack of ambition and lack of vision that pi$$e$ me off.
    Realism, not lack of ambition or a lack of vision. Until more people jump on the bandwagon, realistically we're doing as well as we can. But then with attitudes like yours new fans are never likely to become regular. I suppose your age is reflected in your posts...

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    winning the cup and getting into europe gives us the finanical platform to bring in the players we need to climb the league table on a regular basis.

this is a slow process and the long term future of the club should be risked to win the league. a league where you get €15,000 for winning it, you get more for the league cup ffs !!!!

as macy said realism.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well said Macy.As has been pointed out to Cop On or lack of it everyone at this club has ambition.Everyone at this club wants to win every game.But people at this club are also realistic about the Huge task it is.To win a league you need maintain excellent form all season.You must have a large squad of quality players to cover for injuries & suspensions.You must have a budget to back this up.Shels are a better team than us & other than yourself i don't think anyone will disagree with me.Shels are the best team in the league & have been for some time.Look at the League table the facts speak for themselves.Like it or not Bohemians & Cork are also better Teams than us but we have closed the gap to them and are moving in the right direction all the time.We are on a Par with Drogheda and we are better than the rest of the teams in the league.Now from what i can gather from your posts you seem to know some kind of winning formula that no other person in the world knows.Do you realise you are sitting on a fortune with the knowledge of football you have.My suggestion to you would be to go to the board and ask them to sack the best manager we ever had and let them in on your plan to win every competition the Team are entered in every season for ever & ever.
    Last edited by Wiseguy; 06/10/2004 at 11:12 AM.
    "At the age of twelve, my ambition was to become a gangster. To be a wiseguy was better than being President of the United States. To be a wiseguy was to own the world." - Henry Hill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    wow....I used to think we were real bitches on this thing, but ye're real bitches..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It's a real Bitch fest here Joe Soap because most people on this board jump down your throat as soon as you question or disagree with what they have posted.It's like a f uckin soap opera here mate you should stay tuned.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    I'm desperately tryin' to figure this one out ?? What logic is behind this meaningless wheeze ? Ah, now I get it. We win as many matches as our talent, ambition and hunger allows. We're top of the league for the duration of the championship - and, yes, at the end too. League and cup double !
    I'll explain to you kid... Once you're losing an arguement it all becomes about who's a better fan, how long they've been a fan etc. That attitude isn't going to encourage more people out to the Flansiro, which we need to progress, let alone reach your vision of the club. You never actually state when you started going either, so we're just to assume you were there way before everyone else....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Eh Just a quick one Cop On, did it ever occur to you that we are not top of the league for the simple reason that we currently are not good enough?As has been said on many occasions on this forum but which you fail to notice is that we have all the ambition in the World but people also have to be realistic with their goals season by season.This club is in a building process so give it time.I can only assume that you are very disapointed with the way this season has gone not having won every game and all that.As regards the Bandwagon supporters, every club in every sport has them and would be fu cked without them.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Not at all Mace. Firstly, I ain't losin' no argument. I want to win the league. Period. No excuses. No pathetic displays accepted.

Secondly, I'm not of the Dunphy school of thought viz. how recently you came to support the club. I'm absolutely delighted that you give the LTFC your undying support. Long may it last. What I do find objectionable is this idea that we shouldn't be at the top of the league for whatever reason is espoused - lack of funds, more often than not.
    YAWN!ok cop on if it makes you feel better, just stop throwing abuse at everyone else because, perhaps, they have been around a bit longer and maye know a bit more of how easy it is for an LOI club to over-reach and go off the rails, (Rovers? Sligo?) Accept it we all want more, but some of us want to do it gradually and are grateful that we are in the process of establishing ourselves. I dont argue you want the same for the club as us (to win everything) but face it what you are saying here is not achieving anything except annoying everyone who is trying to do their bit.