Thread: Callaghan leaves Bohs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts

Callaghan leaves Bohs.

Just going on this tweet from Extra.

ExtratimeNews2m
    Aaron Callaghan, following discussions and agreement with the board of directors, has left Bohemians #LeagueOfIreland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Roddy back to the premier sooner than expected?

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Scully?

Probably looking to get back in to management and will most likely make Bohs very hard to beat. Guaranteed three points against us in Thomond park too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Roddy will be going nowhere.
    Athlone Town AFC 1887-2017

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Once Dave Scully is there doesn't matter if Mourinho is hired.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    A really genuine bloke who was doing stellar work for us with the academy.

Unfortunately though it's a results business and he wasn't good enough this season. Can't see him being to long out of work though in some sort of role behind the scenes.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Heary takes over as caretaker manager but will not be in the dugout due to his sending off v Dundalk on friday night.
    Great start in what is a crucial,maybe season defining match for Bohs!

FORMERLY: City till I Die Aaron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Heary to get the job permanently?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    A real football man and I hope he is not long out of the league of Ireland. I have seen Bohs a few times this year where the have been unlucky to come away with nothing from the games. I saw them on tv outclass Shamrock R at Tallagh and only get a point (the ref helped the home side in this one) and was in Limerick where they lost by a late in injury time goal. A few weeks ago they also lost at home against the same opposition after having posession for most of the match. Both these other clubs pay wages that are multiplies of what Bohs pay, but Bohs fans can't complain about this as they were the big spenders only a few years ago.
    It is a results business of course and therefore Callaghan is rated less of a manager than Pat Fenlon and Sean Connors, who were in charge of football affairs when the club was drived to ruin. It is unlikely that Callaghan has added to the financial debt at Dalymount while he was in charge and his teams did play soccer that was nice to watch.
    It will be interesting to see who they decide on to replace him, changing manager has clearly worked for Shels.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    overall I think its a bad decision by the bohs board. in saying that though I have only seen them twice. I thought they needed a striker more than a new manager,
    Long Live King Kenny

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    A real football man and I hope he is not long out of the league of Ireland. I have seen Bohs a few times this year where the have been unlucky to come away with nothing from the games. I saw them on tv outclass Shamrock R at Tallagh and only get a point (the ref helped the home side in this one) and was in Limerick where they lost by a late in injury time goal. A few weeks ago they also lost at home against the same opposition after having posession for most of the match. Both these other clubs pay wages that are multiplies of what Bohs pay, but Bohs fans can't complain about this as they were the big spenders only a few years ago.
    It is a results business of course and therefore Callaghan is rated less of a manager than Pat Fenlon and Sean Connors, who were in charge of football affairs when the club was drived to ruin. It is unlikely that Callaghan has added to the financial debt at Dalymount while he was in charge and his teams did play soccer that was nice to watch.
    It will be interesting to see who they decide on to replace him, changing manager has clearly worked for Shels.
    In fairness we didn't get the rub of the green this year.

However our squad was too big both seasons with too much chopping and changing. I can't see him getting the top job with another club. He's just too much of a nice fella to be a top manager. The players has absolutely no fear of him when they put in a terrible shift.

In saying this, I think he would be the ideal person for any club looking to develop their academy. He did a phenomenal job for us putting in places structures to develop our youth system.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Really disappointed for the man, but football is about points and cash, Bohs have few of either. Really hope he gets a youth role next, plus he's working with DCC, very good guy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    What are the rovers and limerick budgets wonder? You keep mentioning them in posts

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Good decision, might be a good coach but that's different to management - Bohs probably left it too late though now that they are in freefall.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Sorry to see any manager lose their job but being in Dublin will make it easier for Bohs to find another manager pretty quickly.
    I know some have said Callaghan is a better coach than a manager but its hard to judge when you have no money to spend.
    I'm sure there are plenty of managers out of work who will fancy getting back in even thought it will be a struggle with Bohs.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    538 Posts
    wonder will pete mahon go back to bohs? doubt it after way he was treated yrs ago!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353 View Post
    What are the rovers and limerick budgets wonder? You keep mentioning them in posts
    Multiples of Bohs'

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Pat Dolan. Pat......Dolan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Not sure if it's been mentioned but back page of the sun yesterday said Dolan has met with Bohs board.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    This'll be grand craic.

23. Thanks From:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast