Page 145 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,900 of 2946

Thread: Cork AUL 2013/14 Premier & Premier A

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdeye View Post
    Ya I know what your saying over facilities and stuff!! But I'd be in favour of it to be honest to many clubs leaving leagues and coming back in when it suits again! If it's one league organisation it would be a lot better
    i agree with you there about clubs leaving and comebacking when it suit them, would this work if a club leaves t he aul give them a 2 season ban as such til they can come back ! just look at kanturk last season pulled there premier or permeir a team not to sure now and wanted to drop down to div3 casue they lost a few players aul put there foot down and said no div1 for ye lads and they did quite well ! or good example cresent left aul at div1 and most of them went MJL to play with rockmount and a season lets head back to the aul as crescent lads and boom put into div3 total joke !!!! now i know they still went and won there cups fair but they were a div1 side season ago come on like !!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Same thing happened with Park B a few seasons back. Finished mid table in Div 1, said they were losing players, and went to Div. 3!! They were promoted straight away then again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    its something the aul needs to look at or else it will just make a joke outta the aul all together !! lets see what the new season brings us

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    The AUL and MSL are not talking at the moment, I believe. It should only be one league, incorporating Junior and Senior, but maybe too many vested interests for that. The AUL lost its seat to the Youths league, who knifed the AUL in the back from what was said at AGM. Haha - the other post is a perfect example of some guy half hearing something and making up the rest himself (not you justmyopinion - your source obviously). AUL lost 10k last year and has 50k in bank..........therefore if you keep losing 10k you will be gone in 4 years...........but the plan is not to lose 10k every year!! Thats just silly.
    Just remember, every kick makes me stronger and more determined. Indians always come back!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Speaking from a purely selfish point of view - the Northside needs no new clubs. B teams are a different matter, but we are just spreading the pool of players thinner and thinner
    Just remember, every kick makes me stronger and more determined. Indians always come back!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horse24 View Post
    The AUL and MSL are not talking at the moment, I believe. It should only be one league, incorporating Junior and Senior, but maybe too many vested interests for that. The AUL lost its seat to the Youths league, who knifed the AUL in the back from what was said at AGM. Haha - the other post is a perfect example of some guy half hearing something and making up the rest himself (not you justmyopinion - your source obviously). AUL lost 10k last year and has 50k in bank..........therefore if you keep losing 10k you will be gone in 4 years...........but the plan is not to lose 10k every year!! Thats just silly.
    with the big gap in figures from last year to this year it looks more and more like aul will loose monies each year unless they come up with ways to earn more income

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by killer"B" View Post
    with the big gap in figures from last year to this year it looks more and more like aul will loose monies each year unless they come up with ways to earn more income
    Maybe they should get rid of the Munster junior league and let everyone junior fight it out ?
    Maybe then will the money come in ? ... But there's so many yellow & reds and fines. I'd like to know where it's going ?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrypirlo View Post
    Maybe they should get rid of the Munster junior league and let everyone junior fight it out ??
    Somehow I couldn't see teams agreeing too this. Places like Mayfield and Douglas Hall having astro pitch's and changing rooms provided with showers etc having too go out and play games in kileady on terrible pitchs and togging out in the back of the cars hardly seems fair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Somehow I couldn't see teams agreeing too this. Places like Mayfield and Douglas Hall having astro pitch's and changing rooms provided with showers etc having too go out and play games in kileady on terrible pitchs and togging out in the back of the cars hardly seems fair
    Fair point sparks. But maybe if that happend teams won't be breaking legs in silverheights & these places that should really be sorted.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Surely if that is happening around the place then it's an issue for the clubs in question and the AUL too address

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Surely if that is happening around the place then it's an issue for the clubs in question and the AUL too address
    You honestly can't disagree with me that silverheights shouldn't be approved. They won't have a look at it obviousky

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrypirlo View Post
    You honestly can't disagree with me that silverheights shouldn't be approved. They won't have a look at it obviousky
    It's 10 years since I was up there so I'm in no position too comment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    It's 10 years since I was up there so I'm in no position too comment
    haha 10 years! your better off not up there you might break a leg just going the gate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by killer"B" View Post
    haha 10 years! your better off not up there you might break a leg just going the gate
    probably the worst pitch in cork. Cork beg best pitch in cork as good as any senior pitch

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    To be fair I agree here with this post. Getting togged off in an old cabin is a disgrace! Clubs in premier this year have cabins to so I wouldn't blame clubs in lower leagues either! My opinion if ya can't supply showers after a game you shouldn't be allowed in any league! No point having a good team and shocking facilities get your facilities sorted has to be the priority for every club in my eyes! As I say not a dig at any club this goes to every league!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    [QUOTE=3rdeye;1760285]To be fair I agree here with this post. Getting togged off in an old cabin is a disgrace! Clubs in premier this year have cabins to so I wouldn't blame clubs in lower leagues either! My opinion if ya can't supply showers after a game you shouldn't be allowed in any league! No point having a good team and shocking facilities get your facilities sorted has to be the priority for every club in my eyes! As I say not a dig at any club this goes to every league![/QUOTE
    Maybe the same rule as msl should apply in aul ?
    Showers & changing facilities are a must ?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    [QUOTE=Barrypirlo;1760322]
    To be fair I agree here with this post. Getting togged off in an old cabin is a disgrace! Clubs in premier this year have cabins to so I wouldn't blame clubs in lower leagues either! My opinion if ya can't supply showers after a game you shouldn't be allowed in any league! No point having a good team and shocking facilities get your facilities sorted has to be the priority for every club in my eyes! As I say not a dig at any club this goes to every league![/QUOTE
    Maybe the same rule as msl should apply in aul ?
    Showers & changing facilities are a must ?
    Probaly lose a lot of clubs but I would agree with that to.if clubs aren't going to try get dressing rooms with showers in this day and age then they shouldn't be allowed in a league! Some clubs have no intention of getting dressing rooms and showers and that's a fact! Happy out to keep getting togged off in cars and cabins!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Is it true that the aul and msl will be joining together in the next year or 2 ?? Heard the winners of prem aul go 2nd division senior and if your relegated from msl 2nd division you go aul premier!! As I say only heard this but I think it's a good move for the good of football!! People's ideas on this??
    I don't think that the msl is big enough for some of the aul egos

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Is it true that the aul and msl will be joining together in the next year or 2 ?? Heard the winners of prem aul go 2nd division senior and if your relegated from msl 2nd division you go aul premier!! As I say only heard this but I think it's a good move for the good of football!! People's ideas on this??
    Will never happen.if players want to or were good enough for senior theyll go senior

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    1for..you can't be too happy and can't be oblivious to what your disgruntled 2nd choice keeper is trying to pull at the street