Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: League Launch & Guides 2013

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

League Launch & Guides 2013

Hi lads.

I was just wondering will there be a Leagur launch this year. And does anyone know when the League of Ireland Guides from The Star & The Mirror are out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iorfa2MaccaJim View Post
    Hi lads.

I was just wondering will there be a Leagur launch this year. And does anyone know when the League of Ireland Guides from The Star & The Mirror are out.
    The Star's is normally out a day or two before the first fixtures and I think the Mirror's has come out the day of the first matches. Eitherway they are out the week of the first games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    It would be great if there were a few TV and Radio previews, i'm sure NewsTalk will have one, how good it will be i'm not sure.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillonman View Post
    The Star's is normally out a day or two before the first fixtures and I think the Mirror's has come out the day of the first matches. Eitherway they are out the week of the first games.
    I remember on the trip to Limerick last season reading the Star League of Ireland pullout fixture rubbish. And what a load of rubbish it was.

The 'effort' put in by the journalists is awful.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Thanks lads. Roll on March 8th.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Well www.extratime.ie should have a good preview i'd imagine. www.rte.ie will have something half decent as well.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    To get the ball rolling .....

8. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Slightly off topic, but apart from these launches and guides, what the hell are the FAI doing to attract new fans ahead of the new season ? Just a couple of small things I believe they could be doing, would be running a monthly competition for both kids and another for adults on their web site, giving jerseys etc a s a prize.This would be simply a text your name competition, but they could also run a countrywide competition in conjunction with schools, where an essay style contest run over say the first half of the season, where they either experienced a LoI match or watched it on tv.

Also, at the forth coming international games, they could give out (yes free of charge), such things as pens/pencils/erasers, with clubs names and crests on them. All this I realise costs money, though surely they could use an Irish company, which would also bring them extra kudos.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    i'm sure NewsTalk will have one.
    I wouldn't bet on it.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusher View Post
    Slightly off topic, but apart from these launches and guides, what the hell are the FAI doing to attract new fans ahead of the new season ? Just a couple of small things I believe they could be doing, would be running a monthly competition for both kids and another for adults on their web site, giving jerseys etc a s a prize.This would be simply a text your name competition, but they could also run a countrywide competition in conjunction with schools, where an essay style contest run over say the first half of the season, where they either experienced a LoI match or watched it on tv.

Also, at the forth coming international games, they could give out (yes free of charge), such things as pens/pencils/erasers, with clubs names and crests on them. All this I realise costs money, though surely they could use an Irish company, which would also bring them extra kudos.

The problem is, that would make too much sense.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/article...-league-chair/

Eamon will have all the answers to that one .... he's been re-elected since early Nov 2012 for his second term i think

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,631 Posts
    ^^I'm presuming he was told to "sh!t or get off the pot" and decided to take a sh!t?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    ^^I'm presuming he was told to "sh!t or get off the pot" and decided to take a sh!t?
    We'll never know, unless he tells us when he is getting re-elected next time, cos thats the only time we ever hear from him.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    I'm doing one a preview for balls.ie. As with most things there, it really ins't the most serious coverage of the league you'll find. Will be published in the week leading up to kick off
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What do fans want in League of Ireland coverage. We are working on our coverage of the League of Ireland this year at wordinsport.com and want to see what fans actually want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusher View Post
    Slightly off topic, but apart from these launches and guides, what the hell are the FAI doing to attract new fans ahead of the new season ? .
    The same could be asked about what are clubs doing themselves? Most don't lift a finger so don't deserve any help.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean South View Post
    The same could be asked about what are clubs doing themselves? Most don't lift a finger so don't deserve any help.
    Most don't have the finances because of the wages arms race that the FAI have done next to nothing to stop through licensing

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    538 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyFootball View Post
    What do fans want in League of Ireland coverage. We are working on our coverage of the League of Ireland this year at wordinsport.com and want to see what fans actually want.
    plenty of stats on loi and interviews with loi players
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Official media launch today. I did a lighthearted bit on the photo here;

http://balls.ie/football/airtricity-...aunch-picture/

Serious stuff to note;
    11 of 19 clubs made a profit last year. Biggest loss was 40k. In total profit for clubs was 242k

League prize money remains the same; €241k for Premier, €74 for first. Winners of prem receive €100k, winners of EA Sports cup receive €25k
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    I would have presumed that especially during a recession, that it would make sense that a body sucha as the FAI could have linked up with the Guaranteed Irish body or even Enterprise Ireland, and use their expertise in pushing the support of Irish soccer, and how much of a difference that an extra 500 people paying in to a LOI ground or just simply buying merchandise, could actually mean in terms of employment !

There was a recent report done by a UK body, which suggested that Irish people spent €100 million a year going across the water supporting clubs over there.Now, I'm not going over old ground,about trying to dissuade them from going, but if even a small percentage of them bought some merchandise from a club here, imagine what a difference that could actually make ! If anybody has that report I would love to read it and even have re printed in a National newspaper !!

Hell, what about having a shop/unit in the airport Duty Free, that had souvenirs etc, from all LOI clubs.

Go easy on me guys, there just ideas !! Sometimes we just have to think outside the box !!

24. Thanks From:

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast