Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ... 347482838485 LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 1700

Thread: 2013 Attendances

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Wow, what game was that 857 for Rovers? Surely they took in no money that night as I'd imagine probably 95% of that crowd would have been season ticket holders

Corks lowest crowd of the season 1,444 shows once again that they are the best supported club in the country, they are the only team in the LOI who could average over 2,000 in the First Division.

Good Bohs crowds this season considering their position, they have very strong hardcore base of fans.

As far as I know Pats only count paying customers on the night so our average is probably a few hundred higher, some very good crowds throughout the season for some games.
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,350 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    Wow, what game was that 857 for Rovers? Surely they took in no money that night as I'd imagine probably 95% of that crowd would have been season ticket holders
    Monday 30th September v Bray. Was an absolutely horrible night, full round of Premier fixtures with poor attendances right across the board if I remember right.

Corks lowest crowd of the season 1,444 shows once again that they are the best supported club in the country, they are the only team in the LOI who could average over 2,000 in the First Division.
    100%. Cracking support again given it was their worst season in a long time attendance wise.

Good Bohs crowds this season considering their position, they have very strong hardcore base of fans.
    Agreed. They'd be a massive loss to the Premier, but a welcome addition to the First, as someone already in the First.

As far as I know Pats only count paying customers on the night so our average is probably a few hundred higher, some very good crowds throughout the season for some games.
    This goes for most clubs in fairness.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Agreed. They'd be a massive loss to the Premier, but a welcome addition to the First, as someone already in the First.
    You've been spending too much time concentrating on attendances and not enough on the league table, Bohs didn't go down

Good work by the way with the thread.
    Here on a technicality.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    http://extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/18043/2/

Let's be completely fair now.
    Ok then, 4 days later when a game mattered.

Oct 30 Played Dundalk 2 - 2 Waterford United 1,500 (est) League Promotion Playoff
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    999 official attendance against mervue on Friday night (there were a few later comers tho so 1000 for all intended purposes). That would be our 2nd highest home attendance of the season after 1115 against athlone.
    This was actually a wind up started by a Town official I'm told, the proper attendance was apparently around 1200. Put it in at 1100 to be on the safe side.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Ok then, 4 days later when a game mattered.

Oct 30 Played Dundalk 2 - 2 Waterford United 1,500 (est) League Promotion Playoff
    Right, so an average of about 850 over the two games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

We've been through this many times before, and that is incorrect. Clubs who report an actual attendance as opposed to an estimated calculate as follows.

Payed in fans, then add this figure to the total ST holders amount, regardless if they attended or not. This is the final figure.

The only figures not included are media, sponsors, club officials, club workers and a small away compliment. Our figure for this on average, and quite correctly not added to any attendance is around 125-150, max, possibly even as low as 100.

Pats follow same format, so there is no extra figure to be added, apart from the above small excess.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    Oh and thanks to Nigel for taking the time and having the interest to keep this going during 2013, it was very much appreciated.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    Right, so an average of about 850 over the two games.
    Probably, but the biggest surprise for me during 2012, was that our average was even close to 950. This was possibly, no it was certainly the worst Dundalk side I saw in my time going, and that's all the way back to 78/79. I'd even rate some of the poorer FD seasons as better quality.
    Last edited by oriel; 30/10/2013 at 8:55 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    Move to Tarmonbarry, I say. Better pub grub

13. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by avvenalaf View Post
    Move to Tarmonbarry, I say. Better pub grub
    If the FA had any sense, they'd have taken the common sense approach and taken control of all the clubs like the IRFU and moved them all to a central location like Tarmonbarry. Can you imagine the bumper crowds we'd all get in a central location and football hotbed like Tarmonbarry?

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    If the FA had any sense, they'd have taken the common sense approach and taken control of all the clubs like the IRFU and moved them all to a central location like Tarmonbarry. Can you imagine the bumper crowds we'd all get in a central location and football hotbed like Tarmonbarry?
    Maybe fair weather supporters like BonnieShels would switch over to a franchise blow-in team, but true die hards would always stay loyal to Termonbarry Thistle

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,350 Posts
    You've been spending too much time concentrating on attendances and not enough on the league table, Bohs didn't go down

Good work by the way with the thread.
    Now, I'm no grammar whizz, or literary genius, but, as far as I'm aware, the abbreviated they'd, is a short version of 'they would'.

i.e. They would be a great addition to the First Division for someone who watches pi$$ poor crowds every week, sadly though, it's not going to happen because they were not, in fact, relegated.

https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    correct in 98/99 and 99/00 seasons..
    I think it should be looked at again. Times are wildly different.
    Sporting F*ck All!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Whilst we're not rich now there would be a little more cash in the club these days, particularly if we went up. I'm sure the cost could be at least partly covered by sponsorship.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    They got fourteen acres or whatever is out there in a swap for one building in the town. It was a no brainer really, lots of space out there to develop great facilities that will hopefully provide off the field revenue. Two brand new full length pitches being put in, dressing rooms too I think.
    Who's this, Longford?
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    903 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peadar1987 View Post
    Maybe fair weather supporters like BonnieShels would switch over to a franchise blow-in team, but true die hards would always stay loyal to Termonbarry Thistle
    That shower of landgrabbing b******s that came over with Cromwell's Scottish regiments? Long memories in that part of the world, Peadar. Very. Long. Memories.
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eminence Grise View Post
    That shower of landgrabbing b******s that came over with Cromwell's Scottish regiments? Long memories in that part of the world, Peadar. Very. Long. Memories.
    Here, at least we have history dating back 300 years before any other football clubs were formed, you're just jealous of our heritage and our fleg!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    Who's this, Longford?
    Yeah. "They" being the committee in place at the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    We've been through this many times before, and that is incorrect. Clubs who report an actual attendance as opposed to an estimated calculate as follows.

Payed in fans, then add this figure to the total ST holders amount, regardless if they attended or not. This is the final figure.

The only figures not included are media, sponsors, club officials, club workers and a small away compliment. Our figure for this on average, and quite correctly not added to any attendance is around 125-150, max, possibly even as low as 100.

Pats follow same format, so there is no extra figure to be added, apart from the above small excess.
    Sorry I didn't know you were such an expert about how Pats go about counting crowds on match night.

If I have any Pats related queries I'll be sure to get in touch with you first in future.
    Here on a technicality.

27. Thanks From:

Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ... 347482838485 LastLast